SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince

Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

I my self have never been really all that in favor of Ince. Even before his appointment when his name was being thrown around I didnt want him. I understand he did well in the lower leauges but him coming to Rovers is in turn making us look and play 3rd tier football. A lot of people are willing to give him one or two more games but i for one am not. I love Rovers football club and would be heart broken to see us go down. I would think that JW would see that if we do go down that we will have a hell of a time coming back up let alone keeping our top players.

Ince warned us of an up and down season and asked for Rovers fans to give him time. I feel he's had his time. VERDICT : OUT!!! :angry:

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walker acted quickly to stem that particular malaise and I suspect he would have done the same after Saturday's debacle.

Ince has 2 games in my opinion from which Rovers must glean one win or a minimum of 2 draws.

If they do not, Williams has to act : not to do so would be a dereliction of duty.

Yeah and we replaced Hodgson with Brian Kidd and then what happened, oh yeah we went down, and in that particular case I do think we got that wrong and if Woy had stayed we would have had a better chance of staying up.

I suppose the lesson there is that if Ince does go then we have to get a experienced manager to come in, but again Hughes wasn't an experienced manager at this level and he kept us up, so I don't know maybe go back to something I posted in the summer where we do an X Factor type phone vote and let the fans decide, because if it goes wrong theres only one group of people to blame and you will know who you are. :D

I am now about to vote. I've read this thread all the way through before voting.

My first instinct was to vote Sack. But as yesterday's debacle started sliding into the past I was halfway to voting for Grooby.

Now with a clearer head I am going to vote Back.

Because:- anyone, even Ince, must be given longer than 4 months;

the league table is a farce at present and shouldn't be looked at again until February;

something David Mails Tight Perm said in another thread about Ince's interest in the youth team and wanting them to play football rather than hoof it and hope (as the first team are currently doing; obviously against the wishes of Ince).

I must admit I'm worried about the fitness levels and training methods. We seem to be back to the Souness days.

However we must stick with Ince. We must give him our complete support as long as he is our manager. It's the least we can do for our beloved club.

Good grief bazza, I don't know where to start.

1. Bolton would be in Div 1 if you had been in charge last year. They realised their mistake and potted the manager in Mid Oct and still only just survived on the last day by the skin of their teeth. And that was only because they had the good sense to realise that Little sams determination to play football through the team and on the ground mantra was not working.

2. Don't look at the table untill Feb??? !!!! :o That will be way way too late! What if we are clear bottom by half a dozen points?

3. Play football in the youth team???? wtf has the youth team got to do with anything? But if it has then lets make Paul Ince youth team manager then. :rolleyes:

4. You say you are 'worried sick about fitness and training' yet you want to give him until it's way too late and only a spell of title winning form will possibly save our PL status?

And thats the thoughts of a 'clearer head' eh?

Hell will freeze over before Hughes rejoins. I'd love to see it happen but Hughes wouldnt come back and I doubt JW would welcome it either.

Hughes? Kenny? No manager with a good media reputation would consider taking on a small club with no money. Managers come here to make a reputation not to destroy one. Anyway why is KMD held in such high esteem? Sure he presided over our greatest post war success but rem we were wealthy beyond our wildest dreams and the PL equivalent of Chelsea then. KMD will hold a place in our hearts forever but he's hardly done that great anywhere else has he?

Correct me if I am wrong but Ince's appointment came after much long deliberation and even then I suspect that he was second / equal choice with Steve Maclaren ffs! How great a PR goof and smack in the teeth would that have been? Somehow I don't think attracting a top manager to Ewood will be an easy option and I guess JW already knows this.

Walker acted quickly to stem that particular malaise and I suspect he would have done the same after Saturday's debacle.

Ince has 2 games in my opinion from which Rovers must glean one win or a minimum of 2 draws.

If they do not, Williams has to act : not to do so would be a dereliction of duty.

Not relevant to the current situation but Woy had been on a shocking run of results since the previous Christmas. It wasn't just that season.

Don't disagree that we could do with one win from the next two away games.

Continuity is the key, it's too early to sack Ince now. He now knows where the squad needs strengthening, and it's up to the board to back him with the necessary funds to attract top talent in the January window. If things haven't improved much by March and we're stilling struggling in the bottom then the situation should be reassessed. I wasn't too pro Ince before the got the job but he's here now and deserves a fair crack at the whip.

Are you sure" he now knows where the squad needs strengthening?" He certainly doesn't know where they should play.

What's daft about saying that the time to find out, is the next game after the worst 45 mins of the season to date?

I knew you were stupid but I did think you could actually read.

[EDIT]

Can you actually remember what you yourself posted on this thread yesterday?

Tris,

Your rambling post says the team is terrible, we're at a low point etc but if Ince improves let him say in post. Fair enough, but from what we've seen this season that's very unlikely, don't you think? You then go on to slag off fans here for being anti-Ince from the start (not true in many cases including myself) and rounding on him. To cap it off you've joined in the "groundswell" against Ince, something which you say is a "disgrace".

Now Tris, exactly why does that make me "stupid" and you not daft?

Forget about our league position, injuries, backroom set-up and just pause to think about these 2 questions .................

- Which other PL clubs would swap their current manager for PI?

- Which other current PL managers would BRFC swap for PI?

The anwers? A resounding NONE and ANY!!

And that should give us a clue as to our IMMEDIATE action.

Forget about our league position, injuries, backroom set-up and just pause to think about these 2 questions .................

You missed the other question though. Who would come to rovers? Only if we have a satisfactory answer to that can we take the action so many are calling for. I think the Rovers board would be negligent not to be sounding out other possible managers (without tapping up) but just to get rid of Ince with no idea of who will come in would be even worse. Spurs had had a think and found out whether Portsmouth might be amenable to letting Redknapp go before they actually sacked ramos, then it was only a couple of days before they got the new manager in. to let our club drift without any idea of who we are going to appoint at this stage would be even worse than getting rid of Ince and going to Spurs without a manager.

I agree with you. Two games, we need a minimu of 3 points in my opinion.

I wonder if Williams has already sounded out BFS?

However if, as some have suggested, BFS has burned his bridges at Rovers (or indeed decided he doesn't fancy the job here) then it is a much more sticky situation.

No one else I think can really walk into the role. We need someone who:

is experienced

know the PL inside out

knows our players inside out

can work on a budget

can inspire and dig out results

I really really don't like Allerdyce's style of play, but he is the only possible candidate I can think of who satisfies those conditions. We can't take a punt on a foreign manager who might not know what he has at his disposal (Martin Jol would be an exception as he knows the PL well, but he has a comfortable job at Hamburg). Ramos?! Please - we need someone who can inspire the troops, not get them to commit seppuku.

I could easily see a manager like Laudrap struggling in the situation we are in because it would take him a long time to assess the teams strengths and weaknesses. Plus from the way he has walked out of clubs he does not seem to be that much of a fighter which is what we need.

Other British candidates have all got their teams relegated so not exactly inspiring - Steve Coppell, Aidy Boothroyd, Alex McLiesh. And we are not going to speculate on a new young manager like Martinez now either considering the situation we are in.

I don't necessarily agree with that in the first place but if you add in a third question:

"Which current Premiership manager would swap their exsting club for Blackburn Rovers?" and you're left with the answer "NONE!" the situation becomes a little trickier.

I agree with you. Two games, we need a minimu of 3 points in my opinion.

I wonder if Williams has already sounded out BFS?

And this is the issue. Allardyce seems to be the only name anyone can come up with and who really wants him? even those who think he might be what we need at the moment have reservations about him longer term at rovers. and having been rejected before he'd make certain that if we go cap in hand as we'd have to we'd have to take him on his own terms not ours. that might mean being stuck with someone who is never realistically going to be any clubs dream manager for a long time. Be careful what you wish for.

And this is the issue. Allardyce seems to be the only name anyone can come up with and who really wants him? even those who think he might be what we need at the moment have reservations about him longer term at rovers. and having been rejected before he'd make certain that if we go cap in hand as we'd have to we'd have to take him on his own terms not ours. that might mean being stuck with someone who is never realistically going to be any clubs dream manager for a long time. Be careful what you wish for.

Can't imagine Allardyce being in contention any more GB. After him pulling out because of the realisation that so many fans didn't want him, he will realise that if he didn't get off to a good start he would quickly lose those same fans.

Why would he put himself in that position?

That Rev would depend almost entirely on the budget to spend in January. If we have anything like what the sums suggest we should have to spend, then we should be an attractive proposition for a good number of managers. We're only really a Bentley away from a team that finished 7th last year, and probably all things considered should have made 6th. With that in mind, and with some cash to spend, we should be able to attract someone of a decent standard. The likelihood is it'll be Allardyce - which makes good sense on most levels.

I guess another question would be, if Ince gets us a couple of wins between now and January and manages to keep us in with a decent chance of survival, who amongst us would trust him to spend the money correctly during the window to ensure we see the job through? Given his albeit short record with us in the market, it is definitely something I don't feel that we should risk.

I don't necessarily agree with that in the first place but if you add in a third question:

"Which current Premiership manager would swap their exsting club for Blackburn Rovers?" and you're left with the answer "NONE!" the situation becomes a little trickier.

The Managers at West Ham, Pompey, Stoke, WBA would immediately jump at coming to Ewood at the moment- not that I would advocate hiring any of that quartet.

There are probably others as well.

Those sounding Allardyce out as a possible replacement should remember that we actually rejected him in favour of a man with next to no managerial experience. Fat Sam has far too much pride to come running back now.

Thinking about it now, the only person I can really think of who could do a good job is Curbishly. Right now, he's exactly what we need.

As far as Ince goes, if he were to steer us to safety this season, then I believe he would come good. Every manager needs time in the job to build his own team. However, we just cannot risk relegation. Soon enough we need to start winning games in the worst ways possible. If we're in the bottom three come Christmas, I'd sack him. Until then, he'll have my backing.

Can't imagine Allardyce being in contention any more GB. After him pulling out because of the realisation that so many fans didn't want him, he will realise that if he didn't get off to a good start he would quickly lose those same fans.

Why would he put himself in that position?

So Den, if not Allardyce, (who is the only option I can think of if the worst came to the worst) who would be your solution?

The Managers at West Ham, Pompey, Stoke, WBA would immediately jump at coming to Ewood at the moment- not that I would advocate hiring any of that quartet.

There are probably others as well.

I couldn't actually see Zola and Adams crawling over boken glass to join us - as regards the two Tony's you've answered your own question there surely.

give him 10 games, blah blah blah, that was what everybody said....13 games on, and some still want to give him a few more games. The more games he gets without results, the deeper in trouble we get. Its clear now, well even more so that Ince doesnt know what he is doing.

As a coach, he cannot for once shoulder the blame. The only person that needs to get the hair dryer treatment is Ince himself. How can he blame players, if they not even playing on their preferred positions. <_<

So Den, if not Allardyce, (who is the only option I can think of if the worst came to the worst) who would be your solution?

I couldn't actually see Zola and Adams crawling over boken glass to join us - as regards the two Tony's you've answered your own question there surely.

Well, at least there is no risk of the wages not being paid at Ewood.

Those sounding Allardyce out as a possible replacement should remember that we actually rejected him in favour of a man with next to no managerial experience. Fat Sam has far too much pride to come running back now.

Thinking about it now, the only person I can really think of who could do a good job is Curbishly. Right now, he's exactly what we need.

As far as Ince goes, if he were to steer us to safety this season, then I believe he would come good. Every manager needs time in the job to build his own team. However, we just cannot risk relegation. Soon enough we need to start winning games in the worst ways possible. If we're in the bottom three come Christmas, I'd sack him. Until then, he'll have my backing.

I thought Allardyce "ruled himself out"? Obviously that was in response to being ruled out by the club, but if I remember correctly he came out and made a face saving type statement, which I would guess would be his justification for giving us a "second chance".

I'd e very surprised if he turned us down, he's been quoted as saying he expects to be back in management sooner rather than later once chairman start getting nervous come Christmas time.

Archived