Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. All the energy on this MB is directed into slagging off the hated Ince.

:angry:

Maybe because some fans don't see everything through blue-and-white rose-tinted glasses and can see that Ince is leading the club towards fizzy-pop oblivion.

And maybe because they rightly love the club more than they do some here-today gone-tomorrow manager who is plainly not up to the job.

"Where were you when you were crap" opposing fans used to sing when Rovers were in the ascendant in the 1990s.

Well, my reply was "I was always here" and I will still be here long after Paul Ince has been kicked out of the door.

It is interesting ... I thought those saying "back" would struggle to reach 10%.

The ceaseless torrent of vitriol, rumour, snide jabs and bad mouthing of the manager on these threads from a handful of individuals makes up about 90% of current posting - and that hasn't really changed over the past 5 months.

In times past, Rovers fans would have recognised the importance of next Sunday's game, and the posting would be the other way around - 90% slagging off the hated Spurs and directing energy into supporting Rovers. All the energy on this MB is directed into slagging off the hated Ince.

Very sad. A win is vital on Sunday, all this negativity is dragging the mood down. I'd like to see some evidence that certain people on here actually do support the club more than they want to can the manager.

Not if we stuff Spurs 4-1 there won't be. That's a scenario which would remove your "bliss" in one fell swoop it would seem.

As I suspected, there are people who would rather Rovers lose to suit their own prejudice.

:angry:

I think you're spot on. You can sense the glee on the faces of some of the supposed fans. I seriously think this board has a large case of trolling going on and a few very intransigent and anti-Ince predjudiced people who back them up.

I'd love to see us beat Spurs, and Ince to prove us doubters wrong, but I just can't see it. and i was one of those that was open-minded about his appointment.

I think he's out of his depth.

We are struggling to score more than we're conceding. It's a recipe for disaster.

These lads don't go from top 7 to relegation material unless something's wrong.....

Somethings sure is wrong for us to fall into 18th from 7th last season, maybe it is

1) Losing our highest assist contributor, and not replacing him ?

2) Losing an exceptionally good manager ?

3) Losing our most creative player to injury ?

4) Most teams around us spending far more than us

Ince is not showing himself to be a good manager (specially with the Fowler antic), but its a combination of all the above factors that has led to our current position.

Hughes did an excellent job for us under the circumstances, but with City isnt he just one point ahead of us in spite of having Robinho and SWP in his team ?

we have got a squad capable of finishing comfortably in the top half. Whats worrying me is that we a third of the way through the season and he has decided on his best formation or starting eleven. There is too much chopping and changing and playing players out of position. It might work for the odd game but over the course of 5/6 games it will get found found eg warnock in middle of park

Maybe because some fans don't see everything through blue-and-white rose-tinted glasses and can see that Ince is leading the club towards fizzy-pop oblivion.

And maybe because they rightly love the club more than they do some here-today gone-tomorrow manager who is plainly not up to the job.

None of them have been for you though have they. You were even a lone voice calling for Hughes to get the boot :rolleyes:

None of them have been for you though have they. You were even a lone voice calling for Hughes to get the boot :rolleyes:

The way Rovers performed in the latter half of last season and his subsequent criticism of the club show I was right too.

Just think this time next week there will be an emergency board meeting to sack Ince, bliss

I heard there is a board meeting tomorrow.

Following Ince comments last night, I am tempted by the 8/1 on Paddy Power for him to be the next Premier League manager to leave his post <_<

"But for some reason, unknown to me, the players didn't listen. Straight from kick-off, we said go into their half but we decide to go back.

"Then Keith (Andrews) and Danny (Simpson) think they are Brazilian down the right hand side and after that we don't get out of our box. It was very disappointing in the second-half."

Ince pleads for patience

:wacko:

I think you're spot on. You can sense the glee on the faces of some of the supposed fans. I seriously think this board has a large case of trolling going on and a few very intransigent and anti-Ince predjudiced people who back them up.

There is some trolling yes, from both sides of support.

Why the fear though, that what's happening on here is affecting performances, - that's preposterous?

The next move will be to blame posters on here for Ince's shortcomings.

Why the fear though, that what's happening on here is affecting performances, - that's preposterous?

I'm sorry but I don't know where you got any of this from my post...

The dreaded vote of confidence just hope the board have a rock solid plan B in mind.

The key to any new manager must be get your first few decisions RIGHT build trust gain confidence then you can move on into experimenting.

Signing quality players is an absolute must this episode has to be a lesson for all in what to do and what not to do.

Following Ince comments last night, I am tempted by the 8/1 on Paddy Power for him to be the next Premier League manager to leave his post <_<

Where did you here there is a board meeting tomorrow. Sadly there are times when people come on to this message board saying they heard this and they heard that, all rubbish and self speculation. Ewoodglory, I am not saying that this is what you are doing, but due to other posters in the past, we have to question such comments as "I heard--------" etc

I think we need to see where we are after 19 games, if we don't have 20 points then we need to get rid of him. If we go down it's not going to be easy to get back up (we could even end up being the next Leeds or Leicester). It's better to play it safe and get someone else in with more experience managing at the top level if we're showing relegation form.

I think we need to see where we are after 19 games, if we don't have 20 points then we need to get rid of him. If we go down it's not going to be easy to get back up (we could even end up being the next Leeds or Leicester). It's better to play it safe and get someone else in with more experience managing at the top level if we're showing relegation form.

What do you mean"if"?

A thought that went across my mind with all the 'sack Ince' stuff in fashion : we all know that there's a chance RSC will be off in January with Ince still here, personally I think he'd be willing to stay for the season though. If RSC doesn't stay, relegation is a serious worry, with him here I reckon we'll be fine. What I think is pretty much certain is that if a new boss is brought in - especially BFS - then Santa will be off in January. A big consideration in the Ince debate I'd suggest.

He sounds like a complete idiot there. Some managers get away with it though - Harry Redknapp always sounds like he hasn't got a clue but managed to do alright.

Not sure what Ince can do now. He needs one positive result and performance from two very difficult games - Spurs then Portsmouth - without most of his first team. 8/1 is very good odds indeed. I refuse to bet on our manager being sacked though.

A thought that went across my mind with all the 'sack Ince' stuff in fashion : we all know that there's a chance RSC will be off in January with Ince still here, personally I think he'd be willing to stay for the season though. If RSC doesn't stay, relegation is a serious worry, with him here I reckon we'll be fine. What I think is pretty much certain is that if a new boss is brought in - especially BFS - then Santa will be off in January. A big consideration in the Ince debate I'd suggest.

Not sure I would buy that. Depends on who we get in. Saying that the likely candidates (Allerdyce, Coppell, McLeish) are hardly going to make him set himself on staying. But then neither is Ince if we are floundering in the bottom six.

If I was Roque, I too would leave if BFS or Curbishley was brought in. Im sorry but Big Sam is not the long term answer.

Lets give Ince 2 more games to show us abit of light at the end of the tunnel, if he doesnt, THEN he has to go. But to be replaced by who? My choice would be Avram Grant.

If I was Roque, I too would leave if BFS or Curbishley was brought in. Im sorry but Big Sam is not the long term answer.

Lets give Ince 2 more games to show us abit of light at the end of the tunnel, if he doesnt, THEN he has to go. But to be replaced by who? My choice would be Avram Grant.

Do you reckon he'd come to us? I know we need to aim high and so on, but i don't know if Rovers would appeal and I don't know if, with his apparent lack of personality (I say apparent because that's how he comes over on TV and for I all I know he may be very diffferent in the dressing room) he's what we need.

He sounds like a complete idiot there. Some managers get away with it though - Harry Redknapp always sounds like he hasn't got a clue but managed to do alright.

Not sure what Ince can do now. He needs one positive result and performance from two very difficult games - Spurs then Liverpool - without most of his first team. 8/1 is very good odds indeed. I refuse to bet on our manager being sacked though.

Not sure I would buy that. Depends on who we get in. Saying that the likely candidates (Allerdyce, Coppell, McLeish) are hardly going to make him set himself on staying. But then neither is Ince if we are floundering in the bottom six.

8/1 sounds like its pretty unlikely Ince will be sacked. Bookies rarely get it wrong.

Anyway who's to say anyone else will do any better. If we go down it will because we no longer have the resources to hack it in this League not because of a new manager who happens not to come up to some peoples expectations.

It's time for the owners of this Club to decide if they want to continue to support us by making CONSIDERABLE funds available or to cut it loose.

Let's not kid ourselves. If they don't then it's only a matter of time before we end up back in the Championship or lower.

Thats exactly what is coming, as soon as he gets the bullet.

The warning signs have been there from the start, those of us that saw them have been the targets for abuse the levels of which I've not seen on this messageboard before this Summer. As the fears have slowly but surely been proven correct, rather than accepting apologies it now seems as though we'll be told to shoulder the blame.

We've regressed 4 years in 4 months. Simple as that.

Spot on Uddersfelt - the club was sinking under Hughes, he just jumped ship and allowed someone else to take the blame (Ince), now its up to Ince to fix it and get it back on track. Hopefully he can do it! If not then lets look at it when he goes. Until then Back your team!!

The amount of booing we have had over the last 12 months at home, against subs or poor pieces of play is embarrasing. Its like watching Tottenham or Newcastle with all the anti-rovers and negativity at games!! Yes I agree we havent done well, but Support your club!

Archived