SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince

Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

Hughes? Kenny? No manager with a good media reputation would consider taking on a small club with no money. Managers come here to make a reputation not to destroy one. Anyway why is KMD held in such high esteem? Sure he presided over our greatest post war success but rem we were wealthy beyond our wildest dreams and the PL equivalent of Chelsea then. KMD will hold a place in our hearts forever but he's hardly done that great anywhere else has he?

Correct me if I am wrong but Ince's appointment came after much long deliberation and even then I suspect that he was second / equal choice with Steve Maclaren ffs! How great a PR goof and smack in the teeth would that have been? Somehow I don't think attracting a top manager to Ewood will be an easy option and I guess JW already knows this.

Laudrup was keen, as was Advocaat. Granted they're not 'top' managers but Laudrup is a promising one and Advocaat should have done a good job.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those sounding Allardyce out as a possible replacement should remember that we actually rejected him in favour of a man with next to no managerial experience. Fat Sam has far too much pride to come running back now.

Thinking about it now, the only person I can really think of who could do a good job is Curbishly. Right now, he's exactly what we need.

As far as Ince goes, if he were to steer us to safety this season, then I believe he would come good. Every manager needs time in the job to build his own team. However, we just cannot risk relegation. Soon enough we need to start winning games in the worst ways possible. If we're in the bottom three come Christmas, I'd sack him. Until then, he'll have my backing.

SECONDED! Glad someone is talking sense on here...

Now, if we're bottom come Christmas time...THEN is the time to PANIC!!!

How many clubs have ever stayed up after being bottom at Xmas? Isn't it just one (West Brom)? Why wait to be bottom at Xmas, knowing that escape from that position is nigh on impossible?

Exactly.

It is also worth bearing in mind that the financial problems clubs are in (not just in the UK) probably means that January transfer deals are being done right now.

We can't keep on saying "We're still only x points from y place", because x and y are only going to get bigger.

The time to act is now, our form is just sheer bloody awful, but more than that, there's no sign of anyone on the coaching staff knowing how to guide the team to safe waters.

Ray bloody Matthias opening his gob and saying that the coaching staff have the guts to keep us up, but not mentioning the players is just shocking. What is it with him?

If we act soon we can save ourselves, but waiting until we hit rock bottom is asking for trouble. The writing is on the wall. We need another 28 points at least.

I have read all the comments and seen the reports in the media.

Ince seems okay blaming the players but what about admitting the mistakes he and his staff have made ?

Not playing Vogel is criminal, its a waste of money and a waste of talent.

Playing players out of position is a disaster especially when we have players who can actually play in the positions that he constantly fills with players who either dont enjoy that position or are unaccustomed to it.

As for getting rid of the boo boys ? Well Paul, you want time you aint got it, you want support and the only way you will get it 100% is to play basic common sense football. Pass and move, players in positions they are good at and a formation that works like 4-4-2.

Blackburn have the personel to succeed and to bring you success, you have to switch on and you have to rid yourself of that idiot Matthias who is NOT the man to guide you along life's way.

We dont want blaming, we dont want players singled out, we want a concerted team effort and that includes YOU, Matthias and Knox taking blame as well.

Effort, ethics and plain old basic football gets you success. Responsibility for your players also takes the steam out of fan abuse and if you took it you wouldnt hear the boos like we did on Saturday.

Now my little old Cockney Geezer, your off down Saaarf this coming weekend, lets se if you have learned a valuable footballing lesson that will enable you to get the team playing for you, the shirt and the club and for them to bring 3 points Northbound.

Should you fail then exit doors will open you just have to follow the signpost marked P45 -_-

How about getting the army guy on the coaching staff to take training until Xmas?

Maybe he can get the team playing with a more disciplined and regimented shape? After all, he has so much experience in doing this.........

In my opinion a decision needs to be taken quickly. Ince has clearly not got it right at the moment. We're having to score 3 goals every game to win and that without any of the strikers really hitting any form as of yet.....and in Roberts case, missing sitters on a regular basis.

If we had a completely different squad, team etc then I could understand a bedding in period....but he inherited a fairly strong squad, Top 10 with no problems and we're struggling big time....

I'm worried. Big Sam suddenly looks an attractive option.

:huh:

Yeah, with the help of a fistful of dollars.

And teh same Curbishley who took Charlton down.

I'd rather give a experienced manager money to waste then a inexperienced one! :lol:

Besides, Curbs brought Charlton up, but the board didnt want to spend reasonably, so he had to make do with what he had and rely on free transfers etc...

But like the other chap said, we need a Alan Curbishley right now as we are in a hole and struggling to clamber out...

No use moaning in the LET Ince,there's a simple answer to the teams problems that YOU hold the Key to:

SORT YOURSELF OUT + SORT THE TEAM FORMATION OUT + START GETTING POSITIVE RESULTS = FANS ON YOUR SIDE WITH FULL SUPPORT.

So you realise we're in for a relegation scrap Ince? fine, just f'kin fine,top man....just what the fans want to hear <_<

I can only hope the board have already let it be known to him that these next two fixtures will determine if his managerial career is to continue at Ewood, no bull, just straight hard facts he must face.

Ince's position at the club is clearly untenable. His dispicable behaviour is unacceptable and he should be sacked.

Are you still here?

Why don't you stop wasting your own time and energy trolling on here, and go and worship at the altar of Manchester United who you clearly think are so wonderful?.

I'm amazed people take any of your posts seriously.

You must be having quite a chuckle everyone someone gets reeled in and makes a serious reply to one of your posts.

Explain "dispicable behaviour"...

Don't get sucked in, he's clearly on a wind up.

Ince's comments in the LET defy belief....

But let’s not be under any illusions we have not spent the most amount of money in this league, probably the second lowest.

“As I said before, we are changing things at this club and it will take time.

Well he had money to spend but couldn't spend it on any of his so called priorities at the time. Firstly a replacement for Bentley. And why, FFS, does he want to change so much from a team that just finished seventh. Does his 4th division back up team know more than the 5 men holding UEFA coaching badges that he followed?

I lose the will to lve after reading his comments. BFS would be like a breath of fresh air right now.

Ince's comments in the LET defy belief....

I lose the will to lve after reading his comments. BFS would be like a breath of fresh air right now.

Just what I have been saying on the other thread......I am getting more and more worried with each passing week about what is going on at our club.

Archived