SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince

Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

Looks like your in the minority on those thoughts.

Looking at it objectively and subjectively, positively and negatively, there is NOT a cat in hells chance of Ince pulling it around. There is even less chance of him being given time to exert even more lamentable excuses as to his current failings whilst he fails to realise the precarious placement our team finds itself in.

Not a cat in hells chance. Yes, that is certainly one way of looking at it positively. I have faith that we will hit some form again, which was gaining momentum before the international break, and get back to winning ways.

He employs the wrong tactics and uses 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 that simply does not suit Rovers with the current players that are fit.

He makes stupendously ridiculous substitutions that effectively weaken the team as a whole.

He also made some good ones which won us the match, see Sunderland in the Cup.

He does not appear to have the know how of how to get the best out of his players.

He is pig headed in his treatment of Vogel, when he COULD be the player we crave for the middle or at least until January arrives and/or Dunn gets fit.

He continues to play players out of position even though we have the personel to play in a balanced team.

He continues to isolate RSC leaving him up front alone and does not employ the players to support him. Using Derbyshire on the flank doesnt work, Andrews is NOT the player to be he link man, Grella is an unknown quantity who has shown both good and bad.

His signings have not exactly been the type to install a WOW factor, both for the fans and the team/squad.

If we splashed out 20M on a sack of sh!t superstar every time we could, we would be down already. He is playing it safe with his transfers. Sensible.

He has without doubt taken this club backwards and that is unforgiveable with the facilities, money and players he has at his call.

I'd agree that we have moved backwards, but I'm thinking of it as a one step backwards two steps forward kinda thing. He was never going to join and get us competing with the Top 4 even without considering two big players asked to leave before he got here/as soon as he got here.

That about sums it up from my point of view.

How can you say that is objective. :lol:

I'll add some comments...

My friend commented on how negative this board has become. Not so much hitting the panic button as repeatedly smashing it and shouting for Big Sam.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've no trouble of backing Ince, he will come good. Bloody hell give him a chance, its only November yet. We won't get relegated, I'm confident Rovers and Ince will turn it around.

This message board have gone sh1t in recent months. I know Rovers fans are negative, but come on guys! Just let it go and get behind the team and the manager!

I don't know what your name is about but maybe you should change it to 'Nero'. He too fiddled blissfully whilst the whole bloody lot went up in smoke.

I've no trouble of backing Ince, he will come good. Bloody hell give him a chance, its only November yet. We won't get relegated, I'm confident Rovers and Ince will turn it around.

This message board have gone sh1t in recent months. I know Rovers fans are negative, but come on guys! Just let it go and get behind the team and the manager!

Paal, my friend, it's a lot worse than you think.

I've really wanted Ince to succeed. not least because the it's two fingers up to the small minority of idiots here, and maybe, just maybe, he can pull the club together to start picking up points. But the probability of that happening, seems very slight to me, which is why so many have had enough and the Board must consider his position.

Sack him.

He is making a joke of the club. Useless pensioners for coaches and Robbie f***ing Fowler.

"you know", "you know", "you know" = "I haven't a f***ing clue what I'm doing"

The man is as dense as lead and way out of his depth.

Get rid, save the club.

Give us the reasons why you think Ince will turn this around...................................

1. He has been a manager with two seperate clubs, both times he was a success.

2. Macc were 12 points adrift of the football league and he turned it around- that takes a special person.

3. He has shown in flashes what his team can do.

4. The players have shown on numerous ocassions that they are behind him.

5. Paul Ince is a winner, as a player and as a manager, he will not take defeat lightly and will turn this around.

Name me a tournament in this generation which they have qualified for. Name me an occasion when they came as close as that time.

He started badly, it was his first ever management job but he improved fast.

Here's an article from 2002 if we're talking history:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/wales/2577591.stm

Can you name the manager in charge of Wales when they were the lowest ever ranking in their history?

Can you name the manager who with the most talented bunch of players the country ever produced failed to qualify for a tournament?

Finally did cut through all the rubbish and he actually won how many games as manager of Wales in 5 years?

imy

Our reserve team beat Sundelrnads first team away on Wednesday.

Yesterday, he removed our reserves from the team and put in International players against the same team and the team promptly lost at HOME.

He certainly turned us around alright ;)

The gap between midfield and the forwards is as big as ever UNLESS we play 4-4-2. 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 simply does no ood for our players.

I have no doubt Ince will be a good manager. He wont succeed with idiots like Matthias who has NOT got the experience of dealing with quality players. Knox has come out of retirement having had a lean spell at Bolton. These two need replacing immediately.

A coach such as John Calver (ex Newcastle) is the type of man that Ince needs beside him. Calver is a players coach, knows the new methods and has Premiership experience. He is exactly the type that will get the players back together and wil bounce off both players and manager alike.

13 games in and were questioning the manager?

This is Blackburn Rovers were on about, I like to think were better than that.

Alright yesterday was a poor 2nd half performance, but the 1st was as good as I've seen them all 2008, alright we did only really look threatening from corners and set pieces, but any Rovers fan had to be chuffed at half time.

The reassuring things for me where that Ince told the team what he thought of them, they all sheepishly ran off at the end obviously knowing that they had under performed and Ince should get them fired up for revenge at Spurs next week.

Hopefully we'll have Emerton, Nelsen, Olsson and McCarthy back and on our day are capable of beating Spurs, which I think would be the catalyst to a positive run. We won at Spurs and Pompey last year lets do it again this year!!!

One thing Ive learnt being a Rovers fan is that you've gotta remain positive or they'll seriously get you down

Phillip has already said how much hatred he had/has for Ince since his Man Utd days, that clouds your judgement and is something we should try not to do.

Err no Imy.

I pointed out that Ince hated Blackburn Rovers and that whilst I understood that in his days at the Mancs when Rovers were their number one rivals, the hatred he showed for our club two years after he had left them when he was looking for a route back to the Prem from Inter was unforgiveable.

1. He has been a manager with two seperate clubs, both times he was a success.

2. Macc were 12 points adrift of the football league and he turned it around- that takes a special person.

3. He has shown in flashes what his team can do.

4. The players have shown on numerous ocassions that they are behind him.

5. Paul Ince is a winner, as a player and as a manager, he will not take defeat lightly and will turn this around.

Can you name the manager in charge of Wales when they were the lowest ever ranking in their history?

Can you name the manager who with the most talented bunch of players the country ever produced failed to qualify for a tournament?

Finally did cut through all the rubbish and he actually won how many games as manager of Wales in 5 years?

Christ you don't half talk some nonsense.

Wales were 94th when Hughes took over. Yes he took them down to 113th; this was his first ever managerial assignment. However after this managed to take them upto the top 50 in the world, so I'd say getting them from 94th upto top 50 was pretty good going. This was pretty much the same group of players that were 94th in the world wasn't it? Not sure how many they won but they must have got a fair few good results to take them almost 50 places up the rankings (60-70 if you count the initial slide).

Do you know how many managers have qualified for a major tournament with the Welsh football team? One - in 1958. Sure they might have had Giggs, Bellamy (when he wasn't injured or sulking), Speed, Hartson but they also had numerous players from the lower divisions running throughout their first team too.

And:

1 & 2: The same point repeated twice. Success in the lower divisions doesn't count anywhere near as much as success at the top level. Or shall we trawl the Sunday Leagues for our next manager? Bear in mind MK Dons are the Chelsea of the lower leagues too. Here he's dealing with much better players, pitting his wits against much better managers and his inexperience is showing.

3: Flashes? You're really clutching at straws here. Every Premier League team in recent memory that's got relegated bar Derby has looked good in flashes. But the vast majority of the time we've been hopelessly inept.

4. How have the players shown this? Interviews? I haven't seen anything really convincing coming out of Ewood, sure if a player's put on the spot he's going to back him, that's a no brainer. That means absolutely nothing.

5. Paul Ince's record as a player was a winner - but that means very little in management. How many of the big four's managers were winners as players? He did well at lower league level but see point 1 & 2: means very little really. Sure he won't take defeat lightly, but again that means nothing.

imy it seems that you are too proud to admit you were wrong when you came out slagging everyone off just because they weren't totally confident in Paul Ince's abilities. Now you're trying to argue till you're blue in the face that the man can still do a good job...

we looked crap under both souness and hughes at times. He needs this season to build things unless things get totally desperate

you wanted hughes sacking 5 games into the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to say this, but do you think the race issue may buy Ince more time at the club? Do you think JW & co might feel it sends out the wrong message that Rovers sack a young black manager because of a rocky start? I have a feeling certain people in the media who backed Ince as black pioneer might turn on us. Not to mention some of the remarks made about Jack at the time of Ince's appointment.

Paal, my friend, it's a lot worse than you think.

I've really wanted Ince to succeed. not least because the it's two fingers up to the small minority of idiots here,

You mean the 'idiots' like myself who expressed grave doubts about his appointment from the off?

Macca you certainly have a strange way of admitting that events are validating my intuition and early evaluation of the appointment. Take some advice and never let your heart rule your head. :rolleyes:

In two minds about this. My heart says, 'go on Paul, you can sort it out' and thinks he may become a good manager, but my head is saying 'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!' Paul can either turn it around and flourish, or be another failed 'good young British manager' like Mickey Adams, Peter Taylor, Aidy Boothroyd and Iain Dowie.

We need to things around in the next 5 or 6 games otherwise it will be time to beg BFS to rescue us, however unpleasant that may be.

I hate to say this, but do you think the race issue may buy Ince more time at the club? Do you think JW & co might feel it sends out the wrong message that Rovers sack a young black manager because of a rocky start? I have a feeling certain people in the media who backed Ince as black pioneer might turn on us. Not to mention some of the remarks made about Jack at the time of Ince's appointment.

The massed ranks of press and media trumpeted the completely irrelevent fact that BRFC were the first club to appoint a black manager from the bloody rooftops..... as if it mattered one jot or iota! Given then that the colour of his skin did not come into his appointment so why should it come into his dismissal? I guess elements of the press might seek to sensationalise the issue with all sorts of innuendo but if BRFC were prejudiced about skin colour in any way then surely he would never have been appointed in the first place would he? Anyway to keep him simply because he is black is prejudice too isn't it?

Answer to your first question is Bobby Gould, he was a disaster and he sent Wales to their lowest ranking, Hughes took over when they were in that position and over 4 years turned the national side into a team which where only 90 mins away from reaching Euro 2004.

The manager with the best players never to qualified for a tournament was Terry Yorath.

Southall was probably one of the best goalkeepers in the world, Giggs was turning into a superstar, we had Speed and Horne in midfield with Hughes, Rush and Saunders to choose from up front. The defense was not the most talented but worked well together and that team who lost to Romania in 1993 was the greatest since the days of John Charles, That is fact!

For you 3rd question, Hughes did draw many games but the transition to how good he made Wales with the player resources is a credit, sounds familiar to what he did with us at Rovers perhaps?

Anyway Hughes is long gone from Wales and Blackburn so he is irrelevant to this topic.

Christ you don't half talk some nonsense.

Wales were 94th when Hughes took over. Yes he took them down to 113th; this was his first ever managerial assignment. However after this managed to take them upto the top 50 in the world, so I'd say getting them from 94th upto top 50 was pretty good going. This was pretty much the same group of players that were 94th in the world wasn't it? Not sure how many they won but they must have got a fair few good results to take them almost 50 places up the rankings (60-70 if you count the initial slide).

HOW MANY GAMES DID THEY WIN? HUGHES WAS MANAGER WHEN THEY WERE ON THEIR BIGGEST EVER LOSING STREAK, HE THEN FAILED TO QUALIFY FOR A TOURNAMENT, HOW IS THAT SUCCESSFUL? AVRANT GRANT WAS A SUCCESS LAST YEAR?

Do you know how many managers have qualified for a major tournament with the Welsh football team? One - in 1958. Sure they might have had Giggs, Bellamy (when he wasn't injured or sulking), Speed, Hartson but they also had numerous players from the lower divisions running throughout their first team too.

HOW MANY PL PLAYERS WERE IN THE FIRST TEAM, TOSHACK IS DOING THE BRILLIANT JOB BRINGING THROUGH SOME TOP YOUNG PLAYERS.

And:

1 & 2: The same point repeated twice. Success in the lower divisions doesn't count anywhere near as much as success at the top level. Or shall we trawl the Sunday Leagues for our next manager? Bear in mind MK Dons are the Chelsea of the lower leagues too. Here he's dealing with much better players, pitting his wits against much better managers and his inexperience is showing.

SUCCESS IS RELATIVE. I MENTIONED THE SURVIVAL IN THE 2ND POINT TO HIGHLIGHT WHAT A BRILLIANT JOB HE DID.

3: Flashes? You're really clutching at straws here. Every Premier League team in recent memory that's got relegated bar Derby has looked good in flashes. But the vast majority of the time we've been hopelessly inept.

THERE HAVE BEEN 13 LEAGUE GAMES? I MIGHT BE CONFUSED, FLASHES IN A DOZEN GAMES SO FAR WITH A SQUAD MISSING SEVEN FIRST 11 PLAYERS AT ONE POINT IS NOT TOO BAD.

4. How have the players shown this? Interviews? I haven't seen anything really convincing coming out of Ewood, sure if a player's put on the spot he's going to back him, that's a no brainer. That means absolutely nothing.

INTERVIEWS, LOTS OF THEM. SO WHAT YOUR SAYING IS THAT FACTUAL INTERVIEWS SHOULD BE DISCARDED BY PHILLIP AND HIS INNUENDO IS TRUE! :rolleyes:

5. Paul Ince's record as a player was a winner - but that means very little in management. How many of the big four's managers were winners as players? He did well at lower league level but see point 1 & 2: means very little really. Sure he won't take defeat lightly, but again that means nothing.

WHAT DID HUGHES ACHIEVE BEFORE ROVERS? INCE'S RECORD IS SUPERB HAVING BEEN A MANAGER FOR TWO YEARS, TO DIMINISH WHAT HE DID IS QUITE SAD.

imy it seems that you are too proud to admit you were wrong when you came out slagging everyone off just because they weren't totally confident in Paul Ince's abilities. Now you're trying to argue till you're blue in the face that the man can still do a good job...

I HAVE ACCEPTED TIMES WHEN INCE IS WRONG AND HE WAS ON SATURDAY BUT I WONT SLAG HIM OFF BEING PAUL INCE. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID HE CAN DO A GOOD JOB, BUT WHEN PEOPLE ON HERE STATE THAT HE HATE INCE SINCE HIS PLAYING DAYS... WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH BLACKBURN ROVERS!! HE HAS HAD 13 GAMES, NOT ENOUGH TIME TO SACK HIM- 5 GAMES AND LETS EVALUATE

SPOKEN BY THE BIGGEST BLACKBURN ROVERS "FAN"......OOOOOOPS YOU NEVER GO THO ,SO DONT GO SLAGGING TRUE ROVERS.....SUPURB EXAMPLE OF A FAN B):o

Stop shouting and slow down maybe people can understand what you are trying to say?

I have elderly parents who are virtually bed ridden which means I cannot drive 100's of miles up and down the country to watch Rovers live, I do try to watch them when they are local, e.g. West Brom game, does this mean that I am not a "proper" fan? I put in as much money into the Rovers coffers as I can be purchasing as much merchandise as possible.

If your churlish attitude is whats needed to be a Rovers fan then thanks but no thanks.

I guess elements of the press might seek to sensationalise the issue with all sorts of innuendo but if BRFC were prejudiced about skin colour in any way then surely he would never have been appointed in the first place would he? Anyway to keep him simply because he is black is prejudice too isn't it?

Indeed it is. Hence my concern.

Archived