SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince

Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

Check your history mate, Hughes as manager of Wales went through the worst period in their ENTIRE history, they lost virtually every game. Close to qualifying- did they qualify?

Toshack took over an aging side, with the youth team desimated and under developed (ring any bells)

I have already mentioned the prejudices, you are getting confused with what the word means, I am clear about it and will continue to use it.

I agree, there are and were too many people on here 'predjudiced' against Ince. IE they have prejudged him without evidence, nothing to do with racism. Take a look at the word and understand that it really does not automatically mean anyone is calling anyone else racist. That should be made ABSOLUTELY clear.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, there are and were too many people on here 'predjudiced' against Ince. IE they have prejudged him without evidence, nothing to do with racism. Take a look at the word and understand that it really does not automatically mean anyone is calling anyone else racist. That should be made ABSOLUTELY clear.

Summed up nicely.

I am glad you mentioned the 'box' as maybe you could put your prejudices against the man in there and then maybe, just maybe base what you say on what he does as manager of Blackburn Rovers FC.

If Rovers had appointed John Coleman, I'd have been just as dismayed.

As for judging Ince on what he's done so far - well, where do you start? Currently in the bottom three, he's lost the dressing room, bullying players, inept performances and playing players out of position.

Tremendous stuff. :rolleyes:

As for judging Ince on what he's done so far - well, where do you start? Currently in the bottom three, he's lost the dressing room, bullying players, inept performances, and playing players out of position.

Lost the dressing room?

Bullying players?

Evidence please, it has been a busy weekend I have quite clearly missed the incident.

Check your history mate, Hughes as manager of Wales went through the worst period in their ENTIRE history, they lost virtually every game. Close to qualifying- did they qualify?

Toshack took over an aging side, with the youth team desimated and under developed (ring any bells)

I have already mentioned the prejudices, you are getting confused with what the word means, I am clear about it and will continue to use it.

Name me a tournament in this generation which they have qualified for. Name me an occasion when they came as close as that time.

He started badly, it was his first ever management job but he improved fast.

Here's an article from 2002 if we're talking history:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/wales/2577591.stm

I agree it should be made clear and it's good that you've done so.

But it wasn't about being "prejudiced", it was simply expressing disappointment we had appointed a man with no top level experience. If we appoint some bloke down the pub as our next manager, would you expect there to be a load of "wait and see" postings, or a stream of disgruntled ones? Granted that's an extreme example, but we fans are entitled to express our disappointment if we aren't confident that the new manager has what it takes to do a good job.

As for judging Ince on what he's done so far - well, where do you start? Currently in the bottom three, he's lost the dressing room, bullying players, inept performances and playing players out of position.

Hmm, in the bottom three yes, inept perfomances yes but not every match by any stretch of the imagination, players out of position only out of necessity and ,lets get this right, Warnock isn't playing out of position playing in midfield, that where he started his career. He may have been playing at left back recently but that does not mean he can't play in midfield which has already been shown (although not yesterday). The rest is just inane bullsh@t as usual.

Lost the dressing room?

Bullying players?

Evidence please, it has been a busy weekend I have quite clearly missed the incident.

The cover-up begins... :rolleyes:

The players hate Ince. Preston Blue knows a player who said as much. There was a poster from Clitheroe who spoke to a player before the season started who said that most of the players were disilliusioned.

Philipl has contacts at Rovers who said that players stormed out after a heated discussion with Ince.

No reason for them to lie at all.

Prejudice just about sums up your attitude to Mark Hughes - one of the most successful managers that the Rovers have had. I have no prejudice to Paul Ince in that I have an open mind and judge him purely on results. While I accept he has tried to change the style of football the simple fact is that 3 points from the last 21 is relegation form. Having watched this club be relegated in 65/66, 70/71, 78/9 and 98/99 you'll forgive me if I express concern that the manager might not be up to the job. I admit to be being prejudiced against relegation - I've suffered it four times before and not enjoyed it! I will be at Tottenham next week and Portsmouth the week after hoping that he can turn things around but at some point, if results continue to go badly, someone is going to have to make decisions for the good of the club.

Hmm, in the bottom three yes, inept perfomances yes but not every match by any stretch of the imagination, players out of position only out of necessity and ,lets get this right, Warnock isn't playing out of position playing in midfield, that where he started his career. He may have been playing at left back recently but that does not mean he can't play in midfield which has already been shown (although not yesterday). The rest is just inane bullsh@t as usual.

Open your eyes, man.

As for inane bullsh!t, that's what Paul Ince epitomises.

The players hate Ince. Preston Blue knows a player who said as much. There was a poster from Clitheroe who spoke to a player before the season started who said that most of the players were disilliusioned.

Philipl has contacts at Rovers who said that players stormed out after a heated discussion with Ince.

Yes but there are people on here who will make up such rubbish or twist things to show that just to prove themselves right. Evidence, real and unbiased please. And don't tell me philipl has contacts, I just don't believe it.

no offense mate but those sources aren't bulletproof...

not calling them liars but its their word against ours

He is much better as a left back, Chris Sutton started his career in defence (and was actually quite good there when called upon) but did we win the title with him playing centre back?! Why not play Vogel? Why play Ooijer at left back? Why not give Villaneuva a go in the hole behind the striker, it's plainly obvious he doesnt have the pace to go on the wing or the strength to play in centre midfield. It's not out of necessity, there are injuries but he's making the situation much worse.

I have no prejudice to Paul Ince in that I have an open mind and judge him purely on results. While I accept he has tried to change the style of football the simple fact is that 3 points from the last 21 is relegation form. Having watched this club be relegated in 65/66, 70/71, 78/9 and 98/99 you'll forgive me if I express concern that the manager might not be up to the job. I admit to be being prejudiced against relegation - I've suffered it four times before and not enjoyed it! I will be at Tottenham next week and Portsmouth the week after hoping that he can turn things around but at some point, if results continue to go badly, someone is going to have to make decisions for the good of the club.

You are absolutely right about this.

Yes but there are people on here who will make up such rubbish or twist things to show that just to prove themselves right. Evidence, real and unbiased please. And don't tell me philipl has contacts, I just don't believe it.

You're calling Philipl a liar then.

no offense mate but those sources aren't bulletproof...

not calling them liars but its their word against ours

All is not well at Rovers which leaves me to think that Ince's attitude has had a poisonous effect on team morale.

didn't have any ambitions? bit like when we play a top 4 club

Uh no. I'm pretty sure he said he would take them when it was necessary, not that he wasn't going to. It's like this.

Imagine you are a junior employee of a big company, you don't think you'll be an executive for at least a few years so you get stuck in and work hard.

That's the scenario he was in. Why would he need Uefa badges for MK Dons? As soon as he knew we were interested in him he went off to Wales to start a course.

I agree there are those that prejudged Ince before a ball was kicked but that's not the case with the increasing numbers wanting him removed now.

The reason I and many others want him out is that there has been a downward spiral from day 1 culminating in yesterday's debacle - it was the final straw and the 'light bulb' moment for the majority of supporters.

People shouldn't kid themselves that there's been a slow changing of culture and style, it was poor route one for 70% of the match yesterday and the best we've played all season IMO has been just OK apart from Grimsby at home and Everton away. Bad luck? 6 of our 13 points have been the direct result of good luck due to poor refereeing decisions. Injuries - to a point yes, but two of those are sicknotes anyway and the rest are 'niggles'. I'd be prepared to wager there wouldn't be that many if we were performing well (Spurs treatment room virtually emptied when they sacked Ramos).

It's a long road back and I and many others are now convinced that Paul Ince cannot lead us back.

Change is the only option.

Hughes did well for us on a tight budget, but now he has a lot more to spend he does not seem to be doing so well for City, like Sam at the Barcodes.

Eh? The arabs took over on the last day of the last transfer window and now he cannot spend another penny until January when the transfer window opens! What are you trying to say?

I've no trouble of backing Ince, he will come good. Bloody hell give him a chance, its only November yet. We won't get relegated, I'm confident Rovers and Ince will turn it around.

This message board have gone sh1t in recent months. I know Rovers fans are negative, but come on guys! Just let it go and get behind the team and the manager!

I've no trouble of backing Ince, he will come good. Bloody hell give him a chance, its only November yet. We won't get relegated, I'm confident Rovers and Ince will turn it around.

This message board have gone sh1t in recent months. I know Rovers fans are negative, but come on guys! Just let it go and get behind the team and the manager!

Some sanity at last.

Come and sit in the small group over here... :closedeyes:

Just let it go?

We are in the relegation zone. We have been putting in hopelessly inept performances. We have a manager putting half the team out of position. Our defence is the joint worst in the league. We've picked up 3 points from the last 21 available.

I'm confident Rovers can turn it round, but Ince has not shown one reason why he's the man to do it, and many reasons why he isn't.

Looks like your in the minority on those thoughts.

Looking at it objectively and subjectively, positively and negatively, there is NOT a cat in hells chance of Ince pulling it around. There is even less chance of him being given time to exert even more lamentable excuses as to his current failings whilst he fails to realise the precarious placement our team finds itself in.

He employs the wrong tactics and uses 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 that simply does not suit Rovers with the current players that are fit.

He makes stupendously ridiculous substitutions that effectively weaken the team as a whole.

He does not appear to have the know how of how to get the best out of his players.

He is pig headed in his treatment of Vogel, when he COULD be the player we crave for the middle or at least until January arrives and/or Dunn gets fit.

He continues to play players out of position even though we have the personel to play in a balanced team.

He continues to isolate RSC leaving him up front alone and does not employ the players to support him. Using Derbyshire on the flank doesnt work, Andrews is NOT the player to be he link man, Grella is an unknown quantity who has shown both good and bad.

His signings have not exactly been the type to install a WOW factor, both for the fans and the team/squad.

He has without doubt taken this club backwards and that is unforgiveable with the facilities, money and players he has at his call.

That about sums it up from my point of view.

That would be all well and good if we had the luxury of time.

We're a club in a precarious position and have been for several years. We're punching well above our weight and need an excellent manager to help us keep that up. We had that in Hughes.

The signs that Ince would not be that man were there in the Summer and have been ever since. We can go back and forward over speculation and whether there's any truth in it, and whole nothing can be proven (as Bryan said, no one at the club is going to come out and say it are they?), it would be churlish in the extreme to bury our heads in the sand and pretend that the stories that several people have heard coming out of the club aren't true. We cannot afford to wait too long. Relegation could easily spell oblivion, there's plenty of examples out there to show how wrong it can go.

Le Chuck echoed my thoughts exactly on the other thread. If Ince is to stay (and I'm not against that just now) someone needs to wrest back control of the backroom staff situation and start bringing in people who know and have suceeded in this league. If nothing else, coaching staff appointed by the club and not the manager will make the transition smoother if we do eventually decide to give Ince the bullet.

I think Ince probably has 5 more games. Home defeats are always killers for a manager under pressure - Ince is probably lucky that we don't have many coming up, and the only one in the near future is one that he'd likely be forgiven for not winning.

It's a tough run of fixtures - a couple of wins in the next 5 PL games would be a good return considering the opponents. It's hard to see us being out of the bottom three come Christmas Day.

Archived