Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if we do actually manage a win on sundayi will not be giving paul ince any credit whatsoever, it will be the players' efforts and performances which will have won the game. afterall, it was the players fault on saturday for losing, nothing to do with the clowns team selection, teamtalk, substitutions, tactics, decisions.

get out of ewood you silly cocky deluded @#/? manager, and take your league 2 approach and dated backroom staff with you. we'll keep keith andrews though, he is better than reid.

don't even get me started on his decision to sign robbie fowler.

ince out.

Someone who has lost a grip on reality. There seems to be plenty on here.

And what do you mean by - "Anybody that disagrees with your view?"

its quite simple really, you have a view and people disagree, so you say they have lost grip on reality!

Are these new quotes, or am I just behind the times.

"But for some reason, unknown to me, the players didn't listen. Straight from kick-off, we said go into their half but we decide to go back.

"Then Keith (Andrews) and Danny (Simpson) think they are Brazilian down the right hand side and after that we don't get out of our box. It was very disappointing in the second-half."

:lol:

Ince pleads for patience

Good bye.

"Then Keith (Andrews) and Danny (Simpson) think they are Brazilian down the right hand side and after that we don't get out of our box. It was very disappointing in the second-half."

Maybe if Keith was playing in his correct position in the middle then he would know what to do.

He was our only creative player the whole match, I don't know why he took him off. But its no excuse from Ince blaming the players which HE bought.

Here's a thought. If Ince thought he hadnt had enough time to find a replacement for Bentley, why didnt he keep him at the club till January, so he would have had time to find a replacement without loosing his presence...?

It occured to me earlier...

Of course they are going to boo, it was disappointing

Yes? Why was it disappointing...?

But let's not be under any illusions. We have not spent the most amount of money in this league, probably the second lowest

And...? Didnt stop Sparky being a success, and it's not like he needed to do allot to change the squad from last season. He replaced the GK with a good enough one, and only had to sign a RM to replace Bentley and didnt do it...?

As I said before, we are changing things at this club and it will take time

Excuses excuses...

I have been booed all my life, I have been in the game 20 years and boos don't worry me. But we will go again

Yes, but you have been in management a year and a half. 18 and a half years in football means nothing if you don't replicate it in your management style... This almost sounds like a excuse btw... Well you signed on as a manager! :huh:

That Rev would depend almost entirely on the budget to spend in January. If we have anything like what the sums suggest we should have to spend, then we should be an attractive proposition for a good number of managers. We're only really a Bentley away from a team that finished 7th last year, and probably all things considered should have made 6th. With that in mind, and with some cash to spend, we should be able to attract someone of a decent standard. The likelihood is it'll be Allardyce - which makes good sense on most levels.

I guess another question would be, if Ince gets us a couple of wins between now and January and manages to keep us in with a decent chance of survival, who amongst us would trust him to spend the money correctly during the window to ensure we see the job through? Given his albeit short record with us in the market, it is definitely something I don't feel that we should risk.

Dead right. If we came good between now and Christmas(unlikely) would Ince spend our limited resources wisely or waste them? Evidence points to the latter.

Really can't see us bringing an additional coach in, no matter who it is - would be tantamount to admitting what plenty people have been suggesting/wishing/moaning since Day One of the Ince tenure. At the very least, it would send out the wrong message & risk unsettling the balance between manager/board etc.

Think one of the biggest problems - football aside - is Ince's personality; to the general public, he seems polarising and there is a perception of him as wavering between being 'one of the lads', aloof/arrogant or plain t'ick. Hughes was a model of calmness, intelligence, dignity, and discipline. Whilst not expecting them to be similar, I'm wondering whether Ince has the professional distance that's needed to convey leadership and management whilst juggling his approach to suit different players? I've actually been in PI's company a few times, and he's actually more shy/nervous/aloof than his persona suggests, and he certainly doesn't come across as arrogant, obnoxious or aggressive as one would have felt from his 'old days'. For the record, I probably shared the general perception of him that most Rovers fans had previous to him coming here; based generally on his time with United & England.

Football aside, Hughes' forte IMO was dealing with different players different ways to the benefit of the team. Goal setting, performance monitoring, emotional support (Savage's personality and post-injury shenanigans and Bentley's-off-field problems in particular), man-management, inspiring (Bellamy, Roque, Benedict), discipline etc. were exemplary under MH.

I can't help wondering if Ince comes across to the players as being somewhere between the antagonism of Souness and the 'fish out of water' of Kidd? Kidd/Harford were too familar/level with the players and they took the mickey out of them, Souness still wanted to get out on the pitch and break legs.

Bottom line, I fear he falls somewhere between the traditional roles of coach (one of the lads, good football head, tactics etc.) & manager (supporting/advising/constructively criticising, PR, strategy, leadership) to the players.

Until he sorts this out, and the players he has under him - therefore proving his managerial credentials - then he hasn't even earned the right to be rewarded with any financial support.

Leeds put 5 past Frank Fielding today. How the hell is it he isn't in our starting XI?! :rolleyes::lol:

Paul Ince, take notice! ;)

On a side note, if Ince dumps Brown for Gueret, i think many of us should have reason for anger! http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1952...4512332,00.html

Perhaps the 'many of us' you mention can't see past this story for what it is though, especially the ones assuming it's another 'favour for a friend' without knowing how good our level of goalkeeper support is - or isn't :o

I'd suggest Brown knew his card was marked when he wasn't going to be the automatic choice when Bradley left, and Ince wouldn't bother too much if he went. However, I'd be surprised if he moved for another goalkeeper given the 'potential' we have past Brown.

Second goalie is always a hiding to nothing generally - so why bring another in? However, IF he did bring a goalkeeper (IMO we wouldn't need one) whose only claim to fame is being arrested right after a match, from his old club, I'd possibly be a bit miffed too....

Unlike many on this board I don't see motivation or man management as the cause of the now precarious position. Rather it is the failure to win against some of the moderate opposition in home matches and the feeble efforts against 3 of the Big 4. This stems from the failure to replace Bentley with anything other than the lightweight and generally ineffective Villaneuva. The repulsive Pennant, supposedly the January target for Ince is certainly not the answer.Ince has compounded this deficiency of midfield creativity and width by moving the attacking full backs into midfield. Now the team has less thrust on the wings than a Reliant Robin, opponents find it easy to limit Rovers to little or nothing by way of clear-cut chances from open play. The improvement in set pieces evident against Sunderland is long overdue but will not be enough to win more than the occasional match - not the 8 or so now probably required to stay out of the bottom 3. I see no sign from Ince's comments that he even identifies the problem. His vague ramblings about "change" are meaningless and probably picked up fom the Obama campaign. The only "change" fans see is a team that fails to make any impression particularly at home. And I wouldn't bet on the away form holding up for much longer as confidence drains away. Williams took the soft option in the summer and if he shirks the next one the club will condemned to oblivion. But for those assuming BFS or Curbishley would ride to the rescue - be prepared for disappoint. I have it on very good authority that Curbs would not consider anything other than a very big job in the North. And I suspect BFS might also be a "no thanks" though rather less politely put.

Willy Guéret Age 35

Senior clubs

1991–1995 Red Star 93 - 6 caps

1996–2000 Le Mans - 17 caps

2000–2004 Millwall - 15 caps

2004–2007 Swansea City - 132 caps

2007– Milton Keynes Dons - 33 caps

Whoo! Buy him... Buy him now!!! :rolleyes::huh:

It's weird to think he's under the radar when we've signed Robbo, Bunn, and have Brown as another deputy. I'm sure the Paulettes will say it's an okay signing and won't break the balance (see Andrews), but it would be another unnecessary lower league signing.

Blimey Dingle are you a professional shrink by any chance? You seem to know a lot about the character and personality of a host of Rovers managers past and present! From the fragile nature of Ince`s mental state to the clearly deranged Souness, the weak Kidd and disturbed Harford but how Hughesy was a model of discipline and understanding counselling such tragic figures as Savage and Bentley.

I am beginning to question my own sanity reading this message board. Perhaps you could offer some advice? Until yesterday I didnt think there was any real cause for alarm at Ewood; just fedup that we lost a game but nothing of the magnitude that has taken off since then. My only hope is that Ince succeeds in his job and given time I think he will because it would them mean that the club is in good hands and the post match analysis will make for better reading.

Advocaat has always sounded interested in the job and never ruled himself out.

Found some interesting quotes saying that had he taken over (before Hughes did), he would have been able to keep Barry Ferguson and get the very best out of him.

Unlike many on this board I don't see motivation or man management as the cause of the now precarious position. Rather it is the failure to win against some of the moderate opposition in home matches and the feeble efforts against 3 of the Big 4. This stems from the failure to replace Bentley with anything other than the lightweight and generally ineffective Villaneuva. The repulsive Pennant, supposedly the January target for Ince is certainly not the answer.Ince has compounded this deficiency of midfield creativity and width by moving the attacking full backs into midfield. Now the team has less thrust on the wings than a Reliant Robin, opponents find it easy to limit Rovers to little or nothing by way of clear-cut chances from open play. The improvement in set pieces evident against Sunderland is long overdue but will not be enough to win more than the occasional match - not the 8 or so now probably required to stay out of the bottom 3. I see no sign from Ince's comments that he even identifies the problem. His vague ramblings about "change" are meaningless and probably picked up fom the Obama campaign. The only "change" fans see is a team that fails to make any impression particularly at home. And I wouldn't bet on the away form holding up for much longer as confidence drains away. Williams took the soft option in the summer and if he shirks the next one the club will condemned to oblivion. But for those assuming BFS or Curbishley would ride to the rescue - be prepared for disappoint. I have it on very good authority that Curbs would not consider anything other than a very big job in the North. And I suspect BFS might also be a "no thanks" though rather less politely put.

Curbs and a very big job in the North ? Yeh well he could hang on till Fergie retires but I wouldn't advise it !

Archived