BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes no difference, I don't believe for a second we would have seen half of that money reinvested in the squad anyway.

The board need to be asked some tough questions - When's the next chance to do that?

Stop going on about how the board are preventing us from buying players. If there isnt anyone out there worth buying then there isnt any point in buying them. This assumption that there are decent midfielders/strikers waiting to be bought for next to nothing across Europe is ridiculous and to therefore accuse the board of deliberately refusing to reinvest in the squad is stupid.

Which three were these again?

Hull City...Panucci...Anichebe and some centre half.

Panucci has not sorted out a pay-off at Roma, but who knows how long he has to decide.

Anichebe was on at 3...but nobody is saying if he has agreed to a loan.

And I have no idea who the other guy is.

It is ridiculous.

Rovers?

Any idea who the two players subject of a bid are that BFS was talking about?

I have a fair idea, but I don't want to add to the general confusion of the day.

Seriously, this is no way for a game to be run.

Deadlines that are not deadlines. Come on.

How can Arshavin NOT be agreed at 5pm and still be allowed to go through.

Does anyone actually run football?

Hull City...Panucci...Anichebe and some centre half.

Panucci has not sorted out a pay-off at Roma, but who knows how long he has to decide.

Anichebe was on at 3...but nobody is saying if he has agreed to a loan.

And I have no idea who the other guy is.

It is ridiculous.

Ah...thought you meant Rovers for a second.

Disappointed we didn't at least get someone else in midfield. This al-Muhammadi looked like he might've been useful.

Unless Roque's form improves DRAMATICALLY for the remainder of the season, not selling him for £18-£20 million was a mistake.

There's no two ways about it IMO.

Disappointed we didn't at least get someone else in midfield. This al-Muhammadi looked like he might've been useful.

That is the key word of the day.

Your only consolation is that so many others are.

Man City - no striker or centre half. Chelsea - no ressie keeper or new attacker. Arsenal - no Russian [yet]. Spurs - no height. Villa - no left back. Hull - no striker. Bolton - no midfielders. Stoke - no midfielder. Newcastle - no striker/no idea. Sunderland - no-one to replace Chopra [yet].

Garbage, garbage, garbage.

Does anyone actually run football?

Money runs football. If you've got enough of it, you can do whatever you like and rules don't apply. Spuds for example...

I hope that the transfer window gets binned at the earliest opportunity. I'm bored with the whole deal...

Stop going on about how the board are preventing us from buying players. If there isnt anyone out there worth buying then there isnt any point in buying them. This assumption that there are decent midfielders/strikers waiting to be bought for next to nothing across Europe is ridiculous and to therefore accuse the board of deliberately refusing to reinvest in the squad is stupid.

Spot on, all these people moaning we didn't buy a star midfielder and yet fail to name all these players that meet Rover's budget (in terms of free AND wages), is for sale and wants to come to Rovers.....

As Nicko suggested, the transfer deals are trickling in steadily from clubs up and down the country across all the leagues after the window closed.

One of course is Keane to Spurs which is being treated as undisclosed and unreported to the Stock Exchange. So its a second £15m "special" which costs Spurs cancellation of debts due but next to no cash now.

I'll take a tick on that one because I said before the window opened that Liverpool are cash-constrained and did not know where the money was coming from to pay the next instalments for Keane.

Incidentally, if Keane can change hands for £20.3m and £15m in the space of six months, I don't think we need fear getting a very decent sum for RSC in the summer no matter how he performs now.

As for Rovers, the reality of the window is:

Retained- RSC

Out- three youngsters to the football league (which is not bad)

Loaned out- Derbyshire and Judge

Extended loans- Gallagher (?), Fielding and there are two others aren't there?

In- Diouf

In - Loan with purchase option- Givet

At the start of the window I would have taken that as a very decent result for Rovers. The terrible news about Bert this morning of course sets it in a different light.

I can think of basically 19 other premierleague club's fans, who are disappointed with today. However, of those i think only the top 4 and maybe Villa who wouldnt be too bothered about whats happened or lack of transfer activity today. The difference with claiming a top 10 or a European place and relegation might be 1 or 2 signings which could have made a difference, and i say COULD!

This assumption that there are decent midfielders/strikers waiting to be bought for next to nothing across Europe is ridiculous and to therefore accuse the board of deliberately refusing to reinvest in the squad is stupid.

We're a PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM FFS - Why should we have to buy players "for next to nothing"?!?

We get £20m+ in TV revenue every season, never signed a replacement for Bentley, and our midfield is THE most threadbare in the entire league.

Why the hell aren't we trying to go in for players like Dacourt, Basinas - even Denilson (given Sam's reputation for bring in old boys)? There are countless other players we could - and should - have been trying to do deals for since January 1st. We can't just keep expecting to "get by". Our lack of ambition and investment almost deserves a return to the Championship.

Without any doubt we were. Unfortunately all three just didn't work out this afternoon.

Any chance we got faxes out two minutes prior?

Diouf is cover for bert right now, givet for anybody at the back. But there is still something missing in our squad

A midfield?

We're a PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM FFS - Why should we have to buy players "for next to nothing"?!?

We get £20m+ in TV revenue every season, never signed a replacement for Bentley, and our midfield is THE most threadbare in the entire league.

Why the hell aren't we trying to go in for players like Dacourt, Basinas - even Denilson (given Sam's reputation for bring in old boys)? There are countless other players we could - and should - have been trying to do deals for since January 1st. We can't just keep expecting to "get by". Our lack of ambition and investment almost deserves a return to the Championship.

Players wages cost nothing then do they? When will Rovers fans realise that as long as we can't fill our stadium, large portions of transfer fee profis will have to go and cover player wages. Assuming all the money that comes in through fees like Bentley should go straight back into buying players in a little naive and short sighted....

The fact is, our board want to sell so I can understand why they wouldn't want to pump millions in they won't see again. We are NOT a popular team with a huge fan base which makes selling us harder and our empty stadium means we can't cover wages so until we get a rich Arab to buy us or we get 30k every week at Ewwod, the fact is we will always have to buy cheap and sell high....

Archived