BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slating other journos again? Tut tut, but it was Caicedo that Andy Burton mentioned not Sturridge anyway.

Andy Burton isn't a journo.

Sturridge was the ONLY player ever mentioned between Man City and Blackburn Rovers...weeks ago.

Keep up.

I dont think this January window should be introduced ever again. Its just a waste of everybody's time, and the only one happy with it, is Stroke Boy!

Not much transfer activity, by any of the teams around us. stoke, pompey, and spurs but its not anything to write home about. My only concern is that we did not get a replacement in for for Emerton. Maybe the signing of Diouf will be the Emerton replacement, now that Roque is staying.

I don't know why, but that made me laugh...

Will try to sift through the wreckage.

Funny line for the Burnley haters. The Setanta cameras can't make it to cover the West Brom game live...

Honest.

Good that Roque stays...but Rovers will NEVER see £20 million for him again. Could it still not happen in the summer?

That's the way it goes.

The thing I am happy about, is we stuck to our guns and didn't let Player Power win.

How many times have we been able to say that before? (Not friedel, not bentley, not bellamy, not shearer)

Thank you Rovers. Thank you Big Sam.

Roque do the business in the next 4 months and you can go in the Summer.

There is a twist in that 17.00 has been and gone but no sign of official confirmations of Queresma, Keane or Arshavin.

OK there is a lot of snow in London but could it be that all three of those deals are not happening?

Couldn't care less where Keane is but it would be a shame not to see the skills of Arshavin at Arsenal and Queresma at Chelsea- both of whom are amongst the great crowd pleasers of current footballers on their day.

Andy Burton isn't a journo.

Sturridge was the ONLY player ever mentioned between Man City and Blackburn Rovers...weeks ago.

Keep up.

He presents news stories, that makes him no less of a journalist than Jeremy Bowen. He is a reporter, which is a journalist in my opinion. Anyway, I'm aware of the Sturridge story but you were directly attacking a fellow journalist and used young Daniel as a claim that he made (or at least strongly implied it), Burton said he believed th player was Caciedo rendering your tirade of unprovoked abuse pointless; just saying if you're going to attack people at least get your facts right. Although I'm with you on the fact that whole thing was a bollards story on SSN part.

No more nicko either in that scenario

That may not be the case - after all there would still the summer transfer rumours etc. Anyway Journo or not, I am sure that most of us on here consider Nicko a friend - some may not believe all of his post etc so be it that is a person choice. (Though in my view that is down to them not knowing how the media system works getting stories etc)

There is a twist in that 17.00 has been and gone but no sign of official confirmations of Queresma, Keane or Arshavin.

OK there is a lot of snow in London but could it be that all three of those deals are not happening?

Couldn't care less where Keane is but it would be a shame not to see the skills of Arshavin at Arsenal and Queresma at Chelsea- both of whom are amongst the great crowd pleasers of current footballers on their day.

There will be 10-12 deals that have gone through in the Premier League and not been picked up yet.

Many more at lower levels.

I know of one Premier League club who have THREE ongoing and none of them have come out yet.

So an awful lot of slack has been cut here...

I wouldn't say the window is shut just yet.

The thing about the Arshavin one is that they can hardly cite snow as the reason it hs not gone through. He has been in London all bloody day.

Good that Roque stays...but Rovers will NEVER see £20 million for him again.

That's the way it goes.

Very true nicko but on the other hand, without him - at this late notice - we may never have seen the premier league again, what's the more important.

From Roque's point of view he needs to make sure he performs now to avoid the 1 season wonder tag and never get a move like this again.

so we won't getting anyone new in this window? this anoyes me like crazy, i need an explenation from the board!

givet? diouf? if emerton had only got injured a week earlier we would have acted. how are we supposed to get a new tugay for £2.5m and not sell anyone? im happy its over. devastated that emerton got crocked, but thats life. in terms of transfers we are stronger than in december. not every club can say that.... barcodes.

Keep up Pip- The FA have extended the dealine- with clubs simply having to prove that the deal was agreed in 'principle' before the 5pm close

Although I'm with you on the fact that whole thing was a bollards story on SSN part.

What.... is that you agreeing with... anyone?

By the way, are you Andy Burton in disguise?

On topic; can anyone send John Williams a list of players currently on a free? We need a right sided midfielder.

No, since the 18-20m clause activates in Summer. Of which we get 15m or so.

So no, we won't ever get 20m for him.

...and when the dust settles we will find out that only Spurs offered that amount and Roque was not keen.

So now the big challenge for Roque is to put in such a compelling second half to the season that Rovers get an offer of £20m so he gets his £5m....

Thankfully for Rovers such a challenge comes when we really need Roque in imperious form.

• Backroom

Ha ha Sam said we turned down bids for a couple of players, Stroke boy asked him who and sam shot him down

'I wouldn't disclose that to you'

Nice one Sam

Archived