BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

Good its over.

Stroke boy you made my coming home early worth it, you truly are the funniest thing on sky sports news!

Glad RSC stayed, 4-3-3 from now on with our midfield deficiencies.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on things as always Nicko, you can now go enjoy a pint or two.

Keep up Pip- The FA have extended the dealine- with clubs simply having to prove that the deal was agreed in 'principle' before the 5pm close

I wonder how many clubs are now changing the times on their fax machines!!!!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What.... is that you agreeing with... anyone?

Yes, if you took off your nicko-tinted glass for 5 minutes and actually read my posts you'd see that I'm quite level headed, or you can continue to just read anything I type as some kind defermation of nicko's character and slate every post I make (as I suspect you'll continue to do).

By the way, are you Andy Burton in disguise?

Why, because I don't join in with the lame (and nonsensical) "stroke boy" moniker? I prefer jokes to have some basis in reality, like if Burton actually resembled someone having a stroke....ADHD boy and I might join in.

On topic; can anyone send John Williams a list of players currently on a free? We need a right sided midfielder.

diouf-senegal.jpg

...and when the dust settles we will find out that only Spurs offered that amount and Roque was not keen.

So now the big challenge for Roque is to put in such a compelling second half to the season that Rovers get an offer of £20m so he gets his £5m....

Thankfully for Rovers such a challenge comes when we really need Roque in imperious form.

Or he could pay **** all season and we decide that we have to sell him for 7-8m to get a dud, big wage earner off the payroll.

Is stroke boy the one with the two phones who keeps making rubbish up? The mental scot? or the ex blue peter?

Who is gilbert and sullivan?

Yes, Stroke boy is the geek with the phone talking crap...If you are serious, Gilbert & Sullivan were late 19th century Opera writers..for Eg. The Pirates of Penzance and H.M.S Pinafore etc... :unsure::rolleyes:

Would be fairly daft to say anything else..... I agree though, there's too many poor sides at the moment for us to go down. However, we need to get ourselves up the table soon - or else we will be stuck down there.

No Arshavin move, according to SSN (AP press note)

...and when the dust settles we will find out that only Spurs offered that amount and Roque was not keen.

Or we find out that we got multiple offers over that amount, but weren't able to get in a replacement.

Nicko, you can now go enjoy a pint or two.

About midnight...maybe.

There is so much still to come out.

How can anyone know who has exhcnaged e-mails with the FA?

The whole deadline thing has to be scrapped.

There is so much scope for nonsense here.

One person in an FA office on the biggest day of the year...come on.

About midnight...maybe.

There is so much still to come out.

How can anyone know who has exhcnaged e-mails with the FA?

The whole deadline thing has to be scrapped.

There is so much scope for nonsense here.

One person in an FA office on the biggest day of the year...come on.

Any possible insight as to what clubs are trying to still do deals, for who (from what you've heard, please)?

Any possible insight as to what clubs are trying to still do deals, for who (from what you've heard, please)?

Your mob were still trying to do three...may have...may not.

Nobody knows...

No specific deadline.

I think there have been something like 30 deals collapsed today - some so late they were ridiculous.

The game's gone mad.

Summer window only, ending on the day before the Prem kicks off or scrap window all together and extend the cup-tied rule to the Premiership so you can't play for more than one team in one season would be my choice.

agreed. that would probably get the prices down on some players aswell since the clubs have more time and less preassure to deal in the summer. maybe players would respect their contract a bit more alo.

SSN confused over Arshavin deal now, suggesting it may be back on again. Surely if the sticking point was what he personally owes to Zenit, then how does that satisfy the dispensation for exceptions? There won't be any emails from Zenit agreeing because of the sticking point mentioned, and Arshavin was in London so they can't use the weather as an excuse either. Basically unless it was done and no one has confirmed, it's time SSN to give up the ghost on that story.

Your mob were still trying to do three...may have...may not.

Nobody knows...

No specific deadline.

I think there have been something like 30 deals collapsed today - some so late they were ridiculous.

The game's gone mad.

Rovers?

Any idea who the two players subject of a bid are that BFS was talking about?

So is this the right thread to discuss our happiness with Rovers' transfer dealings in the window? Or is there another one for that? I get confused.

Obviously pleased Santa Cruz is staying but the Emerton loss and not bringing anyone else in has left me feeling a little worried. Still no right back, and no back up creative central midfielder other than the Dunn who's fitness is about as reliable as a Bendy Bus in a snowstorm.

Good that Roque stays...but Rovers will NEVER see £20 million for him again.

Makes no difference, I don't believe for a second we would have seen half of that money reinvested in the squad anyway.

The board need to be asked some tough questions - When's the next chance to do that?

Archived