BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cod: Modern Warfare 2

Do you play on xbox or PS3 Daz?

I love Cod 4 but the online issues have become unbearable since going back to it after Waw.

I agree that if they make dedicated servers for it then it will be close to the perfect game. Multiplayer for Cod4 really made online gaming what it is today so I'm sure this will be their main focus for MW2. I can't wait for the details to be released for this.

im a playstation lad, hate xbox and hate M/S... PSN is the same as my user name on here lol..

treyarch screwed WAW up, they where told by millions that we wanted another MW type game, WAW's maps where to dark. the tanks usless and unbeatable. they also screwed up COD3,

sadly COD4 was also let down by the hosting of the game (p2p does not work for FPS as to many people quit when they are getting spanked) and the lack of support. they also messed up when they made it global (americans) cause that caused some MAJOR lag..

have to say, iv still got COD4, but since iv gotten over the learning curve on Socom i dont play it any more and MW2 will have to be something special to take me off Socom

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant wait for the next instalment.. I enjoy playing both v.4 & v.5

The only issue i have is with the lag (PS3) It needs sorting as on my screen ive piled loads of bullets into the opponent then when you get the replay they've killed you & only shot them once!!!

Ive pre ordered the game off play.com about 2 months ago so hopefully i'll get a copy when MW2 comes out.

Cant wait for the next instalment.. I enjoy playing both v.4 & v.5

The only issue i have is with the lag (PS3) It needs sorting as on my screen ive piled loads of bullets into the opponent then when you get the replay they've killed you & only shot them once!!!

Ive pre ordered the game off play.com about 2 months ago so hopefully i'll get a copy when MW2 comes out.

your better ordering off shopto.net. they usually deliver a day or two early and dont take your money untill your order is about to be shipped.

i hated WAW, traded it in within 2 weeks, was utter shyte. MW was a great game, sadly was let down by shoddy hosts and DLGS ext ext. the only change a want for MW2 is dedicated servers. f thats the only new thing then ill be a very happy bunny

your better ordering off shopto.net. they usually deliver a day or two early and dont take your money untill your order is about to be shipped.

i hated WAW, traded it in within 2 weeks, was utter shyte. MW was a great game, sadly was let down by shoddy hosts and DLGS ext ext. the only change a want for MW2 is dedicated servers. f thats the only new thing then ill be a very happy bunny

Play.com are very reliable & they also dont charge you until the product is despatched.. Having to pay £45 for the game!

I agree with the dedicated servers as the online side of the game is what has made MW so popular!!!

Play.com are very reliable & they also dont charge you until the product is despatched.. Having to pay £45 for the game!

I agree with the dedicated servers as the online side of the game is what has made MW so popular!!!

never tried them for preorders TBH. always used shopto, mainly cause i get the game early, and if i havent recived the game within 3 days of dispatch they send a new one and recall the first copy.

just been on COD4, had a beast of a do :D took me over half hour to get the online to work though, had downloading game settings first, reboot of router, fixed that. then i couldnt connect to anyone, 2 router restarts fixed that. then i was able to connect to hosts but it wouldnt load past the setting up game part (as the round is loading in) yet another reboot. apparently its been like that for a few days now.

never tried them for preorders TBH. always used shopto, mainly cause i get the game early, and if i havent recived the game within 3 days of dispatch they send a new one and recall the first copy.

just been on COD4, had a beast of a do :D took me over half hour to get the online to work though, had downloading game settings first, reboot of router, fixed that. then i couldnt connect to anyone, 2 router restarts fixed that. then i was able to connect to hosts but it wouldnt load past the setting up game part (as the round is loading in) yet another reboot. apparently its been like that for a few days now.

I had problems for about a month with my ps3 trying 2 sign in! It took upto 20 attempts sometimes. I know u dont have 2 pay for the ps3 online network but xbox live dont have these issue's.

WAW to me has slower servers.. it takes longer 2 get in games & 2 search for games as well. When u invite friends on MW a sound is made when they arrive in your room.. on WW this doesn't happen & numerous times i haven't realised my friends have joined me.

• 2 weeks later...
Brilliant. I never buy special edition games, but this time I will make an exception. Always wanted some NV goggles, no real reason for them but what the heck!

Not heard any pices yet but i bet its expensive!!!

There's another package available with a steel tin game cover which is included within the prestige pack.

I wonder how the original call of duty will baud against the new version???

Not heard any pices yet but i bet its expensive!!!

There's another package available with a steel tin game cover which is included within the prestige pack.

I wonder how the original call of duty will baud against the new version???

i think for the prestige pack your looking at £200-£300 if not more, NVG's are'nt cheap..

the steel book will be just like all the other steel books out there..

the very first COD was a epic game, though if im honest i dont think many people will play it.

I'm really looking forward to this. I finally got COD 4 the other day and its amazing though I understand it's very short. Hopefully the sequel will much more meat on its bones.

online is class though, so the game never really ends

just read this

£54.99 Modern Warfare 2 to lead Xmas price hike

"Activision has confirmed that the eagerly-awaited Modern Warfare 2 will carry a hefty RRP of £54.99 ? and retailers have been warned that other publishers are likely to follow suit."

Activision got some balls calling for a Ps3 price drop,then two weeks later add £15 onto the price.and their using exchange rates as reasoning,the £ vs ? hasn't changed that much.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35050/5499-Moder...Xmas-price-hike

I've seen that too Daz:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a165504...unch-price.html

Activision has announced a high launch price for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 as publishers react to growing cost pressures.

The company has confirmed that the highly-anticipated first-person-shooter will carry a RRP of £54.99 when it is released this November.

The follows suggestions that consumers will have to pay much more to purchase many of the major releases in the fourth quarter of 2009, primarily because high development costs and unfavourable currency fluctuations are putting greater pressure on the margins of publishers.

Speaking to MCV, THQ's executive vice president of worldwide publishing Ian Curran said: "Exchange rates between the euro and the pound are making it very difficult for publishers to show an acceptable operating margin in the UK.

"You can't continue to trade as normal when the biggest territory in Europe has seen cost of goods increase by 30% due to the strengthening of the euro. Publishers somehow need to offset this drastic increase in costs. I'm not surprised to see the [Modern Warfare 2] SRP go up and I feel this will continue across more key titles."

Curran also said that take-up of next generation games is currently "slower than expected and therefore the opportunity to sell more units is limited".

He added: "The increase in cost of goods due to the weak pound has added to this burden, and therefore something has to happen to ensure publishers’ return on their investment."

Play.com are still taking pre-orders for £45 though.

I've seen that too Daz:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a165504...unch-price.html

Play.com are still taking pre-orders for £45 though.

do play still take your money as soon as you order? like argos, if they do you will only pay the price is shows when you pay.

the problem with it is that alot of people wont get it on release, they will just wait 6months for it to drop in price. AND the price increase is only in the UK

No idea. I was going to wait as I've just bought Windows 7 :(

If it's anything like CoD4 then the price won't drop much. I haven't seen it for less than £25 and it's nearly 2 years old.

Lets just hope that other publishers don't charge so much too.

WAW was £27 at Asda on release day - hopefully supermarkets will drive the price down. Wonder how many map packs we will get raped for?

Asda £27 price tag is for the weekend when the game is released but there usually cheaper than Game etc..

Play dont take your money until its despatched.. I pre-ordered MW2 back in march off Play.com

Archived