BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cod: Modern Warfare 2

So that would mean that Play would only be able to sell the game at the price you payed in March surely? That can't change the price now that you've already agreed to pay less.

www.find-games.co.uk is a good site for finding cheap games.

with any online retailer you pay the price of the goods as they are at the time the payment is collected, shopto, play, game, game exchange dont take your money untill you either go pick it up or its about to be sent to you. maybe ebay would be the best place, as you pay there and then they cannot change the price.

i understand the reason for bumping the price, it takes alot of work, man hours and all that to make a next gen game, and then there is the after launch support with patches, DLC ext ext. but why are they only bumping the prince in the UK? and for what reasons? exchange rates has naff all to do with it, look at when COD4 map pack was released, i belive it was 10 USD but was £7 odd for us, so we paid more than americans.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So that would mean that Play would only be able to sell the game at the price you payed in March surely? That can't change the price now that you've already agreed to pay less.

www.find-games.co.uk is a good site for finding cheap games.

£45 was the price Play was asking for back in March so i'm alright... If the price was 2 drop then Play would charge me the lower price. It has once happened 2 me b4 & play refunded me the difference.

do play still take your money as soon as you order? like argos, if they do you will only pay the price is shows when you pay.

the problem with it is that alot of people wont get it on release, they will just wait 6months for it to drop in price. AND the price increase is only in the UK

Play.com only takes your money upon dispatch but they won't charge you more than what you intended to pay if the price of the product subsequently rises.

• 1 month later...

this is now 42.99 at shopto.net (if anyone is goin to order it please pm me as my clan has a afiliate(SP?0 with them,

also the weapon list has been released

Assault Rifles * - FAMAS * - Bushmaster ACR * - M16 * - AK-47 * - Steyr AUG A2 * - Imbel MD3 * - FN 2000 * - G36C * - M4 * - G3 * - TAR-21 * - FN SCAR * - FN FAL * - L85 (SA-80)

Sniper Rifles * - SVD Dragunov * - Walther WA2000 * - Mk 14 Mod 1 Enhanced Battle Rifle * - Barrett .50 cal

Sub-Machine Guns * - FN P90 * - UMP .45 * - TDI Kriss Super-V * - MP5k * - Mini Uzi

Shotguns * - Franchi SPAS-12 * - W1200 * - Armsel Striker 12 Guage * - Remington 870MCS * - Winchester 1887 * - AA-12

Light/Heavy Machine Guns * - RPD * - MK46 * - AUG HBAR-T * - MG4 * - M240 Pistols * - USP .45 * - Glock * - M1911 .45 * - Desert Eagle

Melee * - Combat Knife * - Ice Picks

Explosives/Grenades * - C4 * - Frag Grenade * - Stun Grenade * - Smoke Grenade * - Semtex * - Claymore Mines

Gun Attatchments * - Red Dot Sight * - Heartbeat Sensor * - ACOG * - Silencer * - EOTech Sight * - Thermal Scope * - Master Key * - Extended Clip

Grenade Launchers * - GP-25 Grenade Launcher * - M203 Grenade Launcher * - AT4 Rocket Launcher (Heat Seaking/Lock-On) * - Stinger

Armor * - Riot Shield

Other * - Throwing Knife

P.s im on the ps3 so if this appears as one block of text please could a mod edit my post to show a list

• 1 month later...

Infinity Ward has just dropped the biggest bombshell to all pc gamers of the cod series in this game modern warfare 2 there are to be no dedicated servers it will be run the same way as it is on the xbox or ps3. Which in short means as a pc gamer you can no longer choose any server be it pistol only or 50 slot servers or servers with killcam, we all have the same choice now of pressing join now.

This is the biggest backward step i have ever seen any company take on any game for pc gamers and has already seen thousands cancel their pre-order subscription there is also an online petition which is up to 111684 signatures.

A lot of people who want to play this game or already play cod 4 or world at war will play on the console and will think well to hell with the pc version, you should feel let down too because instead of addressing problems with the ps3 and xbox versions of this game and making them better they have simply made the pc version weaker and now no-one will have any option as to how we play online only to press a join now button.

The only reason IW has announced this is because the thousands of PC users get to download their map packs free and consoles have to pay, more console users should complain about them having to pay and the lack of online options and understand that this isnt the way forward.

I for one was going to be purchasing the game on my PC for me and my PS3 for my son so as you can see im not just griping that pc have gone a step back but consoles should be brought forward, i have run my own COD servers for years out of my own pocket and now on the new one i wont get the chance (hence me feeling so strongly about it).

If anyone agrees and would like to sign the petition the webby is sign here

much obliged

I know these adverts are probably getting a little tedious, but if you haven't pre-ordered it yet, then do the site a favour and pre-order it from Play.com by using the links below, that way play give us a little money, which in turn pays our rather large hosting bill.

PS3

Xbox 360

PC

Has anybody else seen the leaked footage on youtube.

Somebody who got the game early filmed a live stream on a streaming site and it's been recorded and put on you tube, the video shows a couple of the multiplayer maps that haven't been showed yet and 2 3rd person shooter game modes that has surprised everyone (unless you already knew.)

Yeah I've got it Hughesy, there are great things about it but some very annoying things.

Co-op is fantastic and by far the best way to play the game, single player will be good when it patched but at the moment your team mates AI is shocking and they don't heal you etc.

The realism is excellent and you have to be very tactical to reach the objectives etc. I got it for £26 and it was well worth it for that, just needs patching.

After dropping Fifa 10 for Pro Evo (I've got both but only play Pro Evo now) I will be probably be dropping both of them for this for the next year, I've been plahying MW1 in preperation for this all week and I've somehow managed to becoming amazingly good at it. As such I want to start a clan or join a clan as playing it right now by myself online is good but not as good as it could be.

Anyone want to start one on the PS3 for MW2 for the mb and kick some little 12 year old yanks arse? :P

I'm being a very sad young man and i'll be waiting outside of Gamestation to collect my pre-order at midnight :S Very sad I know, even worse that I'm going to be tired because of it when I'm teaching the day after :S Think I need to work on my professionalism...hmmm!

I hope the hype surrounding the game doesn't leave me feeling underwhelmed when I finally get it. CEX in Camden have been selling copies of the game before release date at £75, they are supposadly US copies, with fake covers and no instructions. People on the AVForums have been buying them and posting pics of them with the game. I would never pay £75 to get a game two days early, especially when it looks like they've just bought a promo copy with fake covers and no manual.

Guest Kamy100

Summary of the offers so far:

Sainsbury's - £26

Asda - £32

Tesco - £26 (When bought with another chart game)

HMV - £9.99 (If you trade in one of Forza 3, Uncharted 2 or Tekken 6)

Blockbuster - £44.99 (Will price match HMV, Game or Gamestation)

Gamestation - £49.99 (Will price match Asda if you can prove that Asda has it instock).

Would be interesting to see how much Morrisons are selling this for, they are usually very competitive on price.

Archived