BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Evening With Simon Garner

18th June, in the Blues bar.

Brownie won't be happy.

Appropriate timing for some old rivalry tales.

Totally fine with it, Simon wanted to do The Hordens but I prefer players that have played no earlier than 93/94.

Besides he's already been at The Hordens.

Mr Brownie sir, probably not a snowballs chance in heck but Dave Whelan would be a great session to host. Ex player who's been close to the wheelings and dealings and behind the scenes stuff through the Uncle Jack era to his current exploits with Wigan. Stupid suggestion or in with a shout? He's a straight talker which is always good.

Possibly the wrong place - but I can't find another Simon Garner thread...

In todays Lancashire Telegraph my mate has informed me that if OC goes to Celtic he will put his name in for the job just to make sure they go down, and he was wondering if they would let him host the half-time draw when we play B*rnley :tu:

I know I should walk to the shop and buy the paper to get the full article, but I can't be bothered so if someone else has the full thing could they put it up?

Mr Brownie sir, probably not a snowballs chance in heck but Dave Whelan would be a great session to host. Ex player who's been close to the wheelings and dealings and behind the scenes stuff through the Uncle Jack era to his current exploits with Wigan. Stupid suggestion or in with a shout? He's a straight talker which is always good.

Interesting one that, worth asking the question. he can only say no.

Yes i'll be attending along with MarkBRFC71 as he kindly sorted out the tickets for this event...

A rough guess of around 70 went to the Gallacher & Wilcox event so hopefully more people will attend this time!!!

I wasn't overly impressed with the sound set up last time so maybe this will improve.

Is the free pint offer still on B)

• 2 weeks later...
Any interesting stories from the night?

Had an absolutely cracking evening!!!

The stories he told about Burnley had me in stitches.. not sure if were allowed to repeat them on here!

It goes to show that he cares so much about Rovers last night. Simon Garner is definitely a LEGEND. Top bloke!!!

What about the chap who said ''I've only two questions Simon, and one is, why isnt there a picture of you on the wall'' to which a couple of guys got up and pointed to Simon Garners picture on the wall, then the rest of the blues bar chanted to the chap ''Who are you '' Who are you '' Quality!

Archived