BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Elrio Van Heerden

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously why dont you take this into another thread where you can all argue about the rights and wrongs of agents, journo's and the rest. FFS!

Apologies Hughsey. All that kind of talk is distracting from the conjecture on hear. Best just stick to unconfirmed rumours :unsure:

Guest benmaxwell
Daily Mail claims that Elrio Van Heerden has agreed a move to Rovers...

And as if by magic... His Wiki page is changed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elrio_van_Heerden

He hasn't even arrived in England yet, but the Mail says he has signed, so it must be true...

So Ladies and Gents, over the last few pages we have been talking about him, and then suddenly a article appears on the Daily Mail website confirming we have signed him.

This messageboard is starting to look leakier then a 90 year old OAP who has been on the razzle...

And as if by magic... His Wiki page is changed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elrio_van_Heerden

He hasn't even arrived in England yet, but the Mail says he has signed, so it must be true...

So Ladies and Gents, over the last few pages we have been talking about him, and then suddenly a article appears on the Daily Mail website confirming we have signed him.

This messageboard is starting to look leakier then a 90 year old OAP who has been on the razzle...

To be fair that wiki page references the Daily Mail and it could have just as easily come from here anyway....

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/...lackburn+Rovers

VanHeerden.jpg

Only looks about 4ft tall!

Says he has a similar stature to Pinaar

Guest benmaxwell
To be fair that wiki page references the Daily Mail and it could have just as easily come from here anyway....

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/...lackburn+Rovers

Yeah... A site that is directly quoting the Daily Mail as it's source...

Blackburn boss Allardyce snares Bruges' Van Heerden on a free The Daily Mail - Blackburn 23:29 1-Jun-09

Like i have just told modes i am pretty certain he hasn't even arrived yet, let alone signed... Unless Sam hopped on a plane after the Spanish match he viewed, i can't see how he can have signed yet!

Like i have just told modes i am pretty certain he hasn't even arrived yet, let alone signed... Unless Sam hopped on a plane after the Spanish match he viewed, i can't see how he can have signed yet!

Well no one can until July 1st anyway right ot does that nor work with free agents I suppose?

Well no one can until July 1st anyway right ot does that nor work with free agents I suppose?

Under FA rules, after a specific date in the season (I think about 2 months after the close of the January window, so beginning of April) It is not possible to register a new player at your club, although this player can effectively sign a binding contract, it is not official until July 1st when the transfer window re-opens. So yes he can sign & the club can announce it, but most tend not to, as negotiations can take a while and its usually mid to end June before most deals start getting done.

I hope I've got this right (pretty sure I have anyway) and also that this clears it up!!!

looks like rigters.........bad omen, belgian league has to be preety poor what chance this fella being arond the first team or just another rigters?

He Was S++t in FC Copenhagen some years ago, i really dont want this to happen.

He Was S++t in FC Copenhagen some years ago, i really dont want this to happen.

So i take it you have only seen him in an Fc Copenhagen shirt? Have you seen him for South Africa?

So i take it you have only seen him in an Fc Copenhagen shirt? Have you seen him for South Africa?

I haven´t even heard the name before week ago. Is he any good? Scoring record it´s not greatest. He´s free so probably worth for look but I´d like to have one name who rings the bell and makes excited. Nicko, I hope this Bafana wasn´t the mystery man..

Guest Kamy100

Lancashire telegraph also rumning this story, say that van heerden is a free agent and has signed a two year contract.

I haven´t even heard the name before week ago. Is he any good? Scoring record it´s not greatest. He´s free so probably worth for look but I´d like to have one name who rings the bell and makes excited. Nicko, I hope this Bafana wasn´t the mystery man..

Hi there

Van Heerden is a good player, not as good as Modise, but he is quick and skillful. He is more of a right winger, who will take on players all day long. I would guess that he will be more of a squad player to be quite honest.

www.kickoff.com

Had a medical on Monday, and confirmed by his agent Rob Moore.

Oh ye of little faith

Exciting stuff that we will be able to watch him during the Confederations Cup and he won't have the time to gain weight because he have to play football all summer.

Welcome Elrio Van Heerden!

Kind of scary how much some board members seems to know.

Archived