• Created
  • Last Reply
El-rio Van Heer-den is my guess.

El-Rio ooooh

El-Rio ooooh

He wears the blue n white

He makes Bentley look sh!te.

His name's El-Rio and he is an African,

He might be rubbish cos we bought him from Belgium.

And when he tries he really shows you all he can,

El Rio Rio is a black South African.

On another forum I post on, in the transfer thread a Brugge fan said:

My teams best player going to Blackburn Rovers ... Elrio Van Heerden, remember that name ...

To which an FC Copenhagen fan replied:

He played for FC Copenhagen, good little player, but will NOT set the PL on fire.

Both are fine by me, even if we've just signed a "good little player" on a free, thats decent business.

Call me naive but I'm always excited when I hear we've signed someone I've never heard of! Maybe its the pleasant surprise we got after signing unknowns like Samba and Nelsen. I hadnt even heard of Santa Cruz until we were linked with him. Obviously it's better to sign someone you already know is good but I'm resigned to the fact that Rovers will have to keep 'pulling rabbits out of hats', as Hughes used to say. It was depressing as hell last Christmas when we didnt bring anyone good in as we all knew we desperately needed to strengthen the squad.

I'm with those on here who are looking forward to seeing what Van Heerden is all about. Let's hope he brings out the best in Benni as well as doing well himself.

Guest Wen Y Hu
As someone said earlier.

He was c**p at FCK. He couldnt handle the physical side of the Danish Superleague, so I guess he will have a hard time in the PL.

Hope I am wrong and that the belgian league has improved him a lot.....

Oooerr. Would that make him FCKin c**p?

Sorry, everyone. A Danish joke.

:wacko:

Does anyone (Iceman?) know if Elrio will be playing for South Africa in their friendly with Poland this weekend?

He is part of the 23 man squad selected for the confed cup. Those 23 players will be at the Poland game, and im sure Elrio will play some sort of part yes. If you manage to watch the game, keep an out for Teko Modise who wears number 10. He will deffinately play alongside Steven Pienaar. Another player to look out for is Simphiwe Tshabalala who is an all action left winger.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was at the City game on Saturday (in the Jack Walker upper, near the 'posh' seats) and decided to stay up at half time. To my surprise I looked over and spotted Elrio sat by himself...then he got mobbed by a few fans, but as he was going to sit back down I noticed him limping a bit. Then when he did sit down he put his feet up on the railing bits they have in front of the seats in the directors box, and he had a cast (one of the material ones...like cisse had on his leg) over his foot (can't remember which one!). Just wondered if anyone knew he was injured?...or maybe if it happened while on international duty?

Archived