SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Elrio Van Heerden

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As not to clog up Nicko's thread...

Hi there

Van Heerden is a good player, not as good as Modise, but he is quick and skillful. He is more of a right winger, who will take on players all day long. I would guess that he will be more of a squad player to be quite honest.

www.kickoff.com

Had a medical on Monday, and confirmed by his agent Rob Moore.

I am leaning towards Iceman, at least initially, in Elrio's role at Rovers. 4 Starts and 14 sub appearances in the 08/09 season at Club Brugge and no goals. He also hasn't recently (last 5 games) been called up for South Africa. However, he is an international, and isn't completely goal barren. Also, on a free, whats the harm? Some training with the squad, maybe a few ressie appearances. If he's good enough to start on the right, cheap solution to a bigger one of our issues. If not, some depth to our squad at the worst. I for one can't wait to see what he does.

Also, very excited to see Rovers out of the gate so quick. Shows some sort of plan, confidence and going for what we need.

25 caps for south africa must mean he in with a chance of going to the world cup , if that means the national team manager see's more of rovers games , that just might kick-start benni mac into action ? .....i see it has good business free transfer 2 year deal and if he stars at next years world cup , we can move him on for a fee

Well he can't be any worse than Mokoena - can he? :unsure:

Sounds like a good deal, if he can play all across midfield it looks like Sam's done a good bit of business.

There's an article on the Daily Mail website, saying he is similar in stature to national teammate Steven Pienaar.

Steven Pienaar doesn't score many goals but he's one hell of a player for his workrate and effort, if he's anything like him he'll be a great addition to the squad.

He sounds promising to me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...erden-free.html

Well he'll make the front line of the team photo, if he fails with the first team this year.

Thats the ball they use for the half time draw - isn't it?

looks like rigters.........bad omen, belgian league has to be preety poor what chance this fella being arond the first team or just another rigters?

Are we still paying Rigters?

I'd suggest that, in the prem, he'd somewhere in the stands trying that..... :lol:

Might want to correct myself a bit.

I did see Emerton put Sylvestre on his backside with a bit of trickery in a eufa game before his time at Ewood.

Judging by the videos on You Tube, this fella looks like he's got plenty of skill. Mind you, I can't helping thinking we've been here before with Villanueva...

At least he'll be part of a team that hopefully won't be kicking about at the bottom of the league and that will surely put him in a much stronger position than the likable Chilean found himself in.

Good luck to him – hope this proves to be a decent piece of business by Big Sam.

As someone said earlier.

He was c**p at FCK. He couldnt handle the physical side of the Danish Superleague, so I guess he will have a hard time in the PL.

Hope I am wrong and that the belgian league has improved him a lot.....

I wouldnt worry too much about injury records as this stage. Sam & his team are very good at getting to the bottom of any injury worries so will no doubt feel confident he can stay fit.

Good to see us moving so quickly... So far thats 1 in, 6 out (Mokoena, Tugay, Ooijer, Villanueva, Simpson, Kane)

As someone said earlier.

He was c**p at FCK. He couldnt handle the physical side of the Danish Superleague, so I guess he will have a hard time in the PL.

Hope I am wrong and that the belgian league has improved him a lot.....

Well he is older. And if there is one manager in the game that pays close attention to the physical side of the game its Allardyce. I imagine he is just cover for now (we have lost four midfielders in six months - Vogel, Mokoena, Tugay and Villaneuva).

Guest benmaxwell
Oh ye of little faith

Yep. Stand corrected... Although it was 2 year deal not a 3 year deal...

Another signing is imminent... Wont go into details... ;)

Archived