BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Search For A New Coach

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Met Kean (he was with Chris Coleman) in a bar in Weybridge last year. Spoke to them both for a while - from what I can remember, Kean was a decent guy.

No idea on his coaching credentials though!

For some reason, I remember a quote about Kean and Coleman's partnership during their successful period (when Saha was leading the line) at Fulham.

"Coleman convinces the players to run through brick walls for him and Kean then convinces them that it's actually a better idea to run around them."

Has a reputation as a thinking coach, not a shouter and bawler.

Steve Kean appointed 1st team coach..

previously worked at Fulham, Real Sociadad and Coventry.

Must be a mate of Cookie's then?

Kean is one of Chris Colemans brigade, was respected at Fulham and was coach at Sociadad when Coleman was there, so must have followed him to Coventry!!

Doh, read all of thread before replying, yeah good idea.

Steve Kean was on SSN little while ago, saying that he hopes to complement Big Sam's technical side of the game by working closely with the players and using his experience abroad to help the foreign imports settle in.

The reports on Steve Kean are very encouraging indeed, been told we are extremely fortunate to get him and his experience in Spain will helpus as well as they are light years ahead of England in coaching methods!!

Lets hope he sorts it for us!!

Just a note here, if Gudjohnsson at Coventry is a real talent, I am sure we will be aware of that now with Kean coming from Coventry!

• 9 months later...

Kilmarnock chairman Michael Johnston is confident of luring Steve Kean, despite Blackburn telling him their first-team coach is going nowhere.

Blackburn chairman John Williams dismissed any prospect of Kean leaving Ewood Park, saying in the Scottish Sun: "I'm not denying there has been contact from Kilmarnock. But Steve doesn't want to go anywhere and he's very happy here.

"People tell me there have been stories about him being unveiled by Kilmarnock this week. But that's wide of the mark. He's staying here.

"He's our first-team coach, a key member and we'd like him to stay.

"More importantly, he wants to stay."

Lets hope its true.

He's supposed to played a big role in sorting out our defence and is one we should be looking to keep.

He is worth keeping hold of, just in case Sam departs or gets to ill to continue in the future.

From the quotes, JW sounds like he is pretty adamant that he is staying.

However, potentially if he was to go, it would be a big blow for us. He is widely respected as a very good coach and Sam desperately wants him to keep him.

Archived