BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Search For A New Coach

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont they have to advertise by law?

Do they heck. When was the last time you saw the Rovers job advertised in the Citizen?

Sbragia is clearly not coming then.

Soooo......

1. Striker(s).

2. Midfielder(?)

2. First Team Coach type.

3. Academy Director Type.

4. 'Tache.

A bit to do then shall we say.

Do they heck. When was the last time you saw the Rovers job advertised in the Citizen?

Sbragia is clearly not coming then.

Soooo......

1. Striker(s).

2. Midfielder(?)

2. First Team Coach type.

3. Academy Director Type.

4. 'Tache.

A bit to do then shall we say.

You forgot...

6. Number 5

Also available are...

Match Day Concourse - Kiosk Staff

Match Day Concourse - Kiosk Supervisors

Match Day Concourse - Section Managers

Match Day Concourse - Cooks

Blues Bar - Bar Staff

Blues Bar - Food Service Staff

Programme Sellers

So it looks like there maybe a shortage of people to dole out the pies and pints again come August.

But this one "Match Day Concourse - Cooks"-Are we to expect an open kitchen on the bottom of the Riverside? An 18 inch wok with a Thai stir fry and Sticky Rice being prepared at half time?

Or is cook a pseudonym for microwave switcher-on-and-offer?

No chance for Incey then... ;)

Ince would be lucky to get the Matchday Lottery seller position.

Surely a joke we have to advertise for a coach, a premiership team having to advertise on own webite for a coach i don't know if i should laugh or cry.

Probably something to do with conforming to IIP.

Are we not after a chief scout too?

What is going on at rovers regarding the recruitment of SAMS backroom staff ?

He was known to have plenty of coaches at Bolton but now is he struggling to employ anyone at rovers because the season is now fast approaching and sam needs to get his backroom staff sorted out. This can just be as important as the players.

We are probably making staff cuts due to the credit crunch or keeping our powder dry.

He needs to get this sorted surely Sam has got contacts in the game

If this had been happening under Ince, this thread would be 80 pages long already.

Personally, I think it is unbelievable that a manager with Sam's experience in the top flight has to put an ad in the job centre for a 1st team coach. Why don't any of his past coaches want to come here? Why isn't he plucking a bright young coach from somewhere?

Maybe thats the way the club have to do it to get the man they want???

It will be advertised in many other publications and coaching circles and could be the club cant for some reason contact the man they want!!

I know of lots of A license coaches but they need Football League or Prem experience unless they have other bits to their bow!!

And it appears as though a pro license is required preferably, so the standard of coach would be quite high!!

Minimum level is A license!

Maybe the people Sam knows are tied up, but there is a range of storming coaches who would not otherwise be aware that the role is up for grabs? After all who had heard of Arsene Wenger or even Carlos Quiroz before they were hired by Arsenal and Man Utd respectively?

What's so wrong with an open advert for a position? :angry:

Either the guy who is coming needs to respond to a publicly placed ad to help his escape from club X, or

Rovers are genuinely interested to see whether some good candidates appear from out of the blue, quite possibly from overseas.

Highly unlikely the club/Sam doesn't know who would be available and could do the job.

I would think the answer is, as suggested, legal. I don't know UK employment law and there seems to be some disagreement, but it would make sense. The part about not being able to contact who we want and needing them to contact us is another.

But I also don't see what we have to lose by doing it. Maybe it gets us some extra applicants we wouldn't otherwise get. If not, then we haven't lost anything. Only downside to this is forum clowns overreacting, but they'll always find a reason to do so anyway.

Archived