BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Search For A New Coach

Arsene Wenger or even Carlos Quiroz before they were hired by Arsenal and Man Utd respectively?

You mean Wenger who had coached Nancy and Monaco plus some Japanese side? Quite a few people actually.

Oh and Queiroz who had managed Portugal, Sporting and a couple other club and national sides? Again, lots of people.

I don't disagree with the club advertising, I don't see what harm it can possibly do.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think the answer is, as suggested, legal. I don't know UK employment law and there seems to be some disagreement, but it would make sense. The part about not being able to contact who we want and needing them to contact us is another.

Correct, Normally (Although Football isn't exactly normal...)

1. You cannot be accused of "Poaching" someone else's employee if they reply to an open advert and both parties are afforded more legal therefore contractual protection

2. Most companies HAVE to follow an HR policy for mostly legal reasons

3. You find out who REALLY wants the job and applying shows some level of commitment!

I see nothing wrong with following standard practice myself, but there you go...

According to the official site Ian Brunscill is still running the reserves.

They and an academy team played Glasgow Rangers at the weekend. :wacko: thought he had left.

Barry Whitbread the first team scout left.

The confusion may be that they both arrived from Liverpool last year.

The reserves played some good stuff under Brunskill last year so it would be a shame if he went.

Barry Whitbread the first team scout left.

The confusion may be that they both arrived from Liverpool last year.

The reserves played some good stuff under Brunskill last year so it would be a shame if he went.

Has it actually been confirmed anywhere that Barry has gone, I'm sure he has as it's been mentioned by a few but just checking we haven't assumed it from one person hearing a chinese whisper.

His place on the back room staff page had no photo last Thursday when I looked just the name, so you may well be right.

Sorry to dissappoint but Lamby was there last year. He was with Sam at newcastle went to the states, didn't work out, so joined Rovers with Sam.

He's been doing Reids Rehab with him and so on, good bloke too.

Carlisle have a very good academy actually. They did very well last year in the youth cup beatingMan Utd...they have very strong teams at most age groups...especially for a club so small....t

Producing players for Carlisle is one thing, producing players for the premiership another. Yes they may have made the quarters but I believe Plymouth did similar a couple of years back, thats just football.

We need someone with a track record at our level or at least a number two from an academy that is producing premiership players. Carlisle play in the youth alliance northern conference so don't even play regularly against teams of our standard, they play the likes of tranmere week in week out.

Given it will be at least 3 years before we see players coming through I would like to go with a man who has proven he can do the job required, before. If not we should be looking abroad because they are light years ahead of us on this, fact.

We've produced one player in ten years, we need someone who knows exactly what they are doing so we actually get some kids coming through that can cut it in the premiership.

Just as we needed a Sam when Ince left we need a SAM for the academy, someone who's been there and bought the T-shirt.

Carlisle maybe a good Academy (just so you know its not an academy its a centre of excellence big difference) but the premiership is a global league with all the nationalities playing in it so its not enough you need to produce players of the highest calibre, and Kinder has never done this so how do you know he can?

If I had my way he'd probably be Spanish.

Producing players for Carlisle is one thing, producing players for the premiership another. Yes they may have made the quarters but I believe Plymouth did similar a couple of years back, thats just football.

We need someone with a track record at our level or at least a number two from an academy that is producing premiership players. Carlisle play in the youth alliance northern conference so don't even play regularly against teams of our standard, they play the likes of tranmere week in week out.

Given it will be at least 3 years before we see players coming through I would like to go with a man who has proven he can do the job required, before. If not we should be looking abroad because they are light years ahead of us on this, fact.

We've produced one player in ten years, we need someone who knows exactly what they are doing so we actually get some kids coming through that can cut it in the premiership.

Just as we needed a Sam when Ince left we need a SAM for the academy, someone who's been there and bought the T-shirt.

Carlisle maybe a good Academy (just so you know its not an academy its a centre of excellence big difference) but the premiership is a global league with all the nationalities playing in it so its not enough you need to produce players of the highest calibre, and Kinder has never done this so how do you know he can?

If I had my way he'd probably be Spanish.

Kinder was at Rovers for ages at the academy, so I'm sure he has some experience of rovers etc, different nationalities etc.... -_-

Kinder was at Rovers for ages at the academy, so I'm sure he has some experience of rovers etc, different nationalities etc.... -_-

How does that relate to a proven record of producing players of the standard our league needs year in year out??? Thats the key point can he produce players for our first team of the quality we need?? Middlesbourgh have a good academy if you ask around but most of their kids are not good enough for the league is that what we want??

We already produce plenty of players for the lower leagues we need players for the premiership, so lets get someone who we know can do it for sure (because he's done it before, consistently).

You must understand where we the british rank as youth coaches, right at the bottom. I'm doing my next badge in Spain because its better by miles they've had ten years to refine the new methods, we haven't even got all our coaches re-trained yet and half of them still say its rubbish becuase we didn't need it.

Because no two ways about it if our academy doesn't produce this time round we will struggle to keep up with the rest of the teams in our league.

Archived