BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The "Impartial" Bbc

dixonbrfc

Robo was very sound on MOTD2.

Did you see the clip showing saves that all the prem keepers had made this season? For Robbo they showed some powder puff Arsenal effort that my Great Grandmother could have smothered.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see the clip showing saves that all the prem keepers had made this season? For Robbo they showed some powder puff Arsenal effort that my Great Grandmother could have smothered.

WTF you numpty, he was refering to his effort as a pundit.

Say hello to my ignore list

WTF you numpty, he was refering to his effort as a pundit.

Say hello to my ignore list

Robinson was very good talking on MOTD2, but then he's apparently a very nice guy too. Very down to earth I felt, a change from all those who think they are it on Saturday night. But then I like Lee Dixon too and if only we could see the back of Colin Murray the programme would be good overall most weeks. I know he's popular with some but I still can't warm to him.

I don't know if anyone has ever noticed that the BBC basically make up their stats on their website. I remember us losing at Villa and they said we'd only had one shot on target - despite scoring and having a penalty saved.

There is a great example of them making their stats up here:

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/12869411.stm

Crewe scored 8 (no own goals) and had 7 shots on target apparently.

Just to point out, a penalty is not classed as a shot on/off target. Always been like that.

I don't know if anyone has ever noticed that the BBC basically make up their stats on their website. I remember us losing at Villa and they said we'd only had one shot on target - despite scoring and having a penalty saved.

There is a great example of them making their stats up here:

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/12869411.stm

Crewe scored 8 (no own goals) and had 7 shots on target apparently.

Just to point out, a penalty is not classed as a shot on/off target. Always been like that.

They probably mean Crewe had seven extra shots on target as well as the goals scored.

If not, and penalties don't count (there were two pens), the stats should have shown six.

Robinson was very good talking on MOTD2, but then he's apparently a very nice guy too. Very down to earth I felt, a change from all those who think they are it on Saturday night. But then I like Lee Dixon too and if only we could see the back of Colin Murray the programme would be good overall most weeks. I know he's popular with some but I still can't warm to him.

imo Lee Dixon's the best pundit on MoTD by some distance. Chiles was a tough act to follow but Murray seems to be coming to a bit of late.

They probably mean Crewe had seven extra shots on target as well as the goals scored.

If not, and penalties don't count (there were two pens), the stats should have shown six.

The way I interpret them stats are that Crewe had 7 shots on target, of which 6 were goals. 1 was probably saved by the keeper so in total they had 7 shots on target. The 2 penalties are not included. So again, I don't see anything wrong with them stats.

Correct me if I am wrong, I may well be, but that is how I've always interpreted the shots on target stat.

Pathetic. Pandering to the big clubs? What, actually stating that the big clubs happen to play the best football and are consquently fighting for the championship? Get a grip. Arsenal drawing against Blackburn is 2 points dropped by Arsenal in any neutral's view. They did carve out around a dozen chances against us so where is the problem. We had very few attacks but did keep the ball well. Keeping the ball well doesn't tend to get into highlights.

Some people are so precious. We get as much coverage as any other team outside of the top 7/8 and guess what, they all complain about not getting enough coverage as well. 2/3'rds of the league cannot be all victimised and if being high in the running order of MOTD means that much to you then there are bigger problems.

I agree to an extent morten, the BBC is not anti Rovers, just anti any non 'big club' who arent 'plucky' like Blackpool.

Compare and contrast with Goals on Sunday, that concentrates on the ACTUAL match of the day and doesn't pander to the 'big clubs'.

Man United going 2-0 down and coming back to win 4-2 in April as they go for a title and West Ham fight relgation- without doubt that is the big event on the day and should be treated as such.

Man United beat Wigan 1-0 at home in September- should not be the main talking point and main game on MOTD- but usually is.

As the state boradcaster their coverage is appallingly biased.

The way I interpret them stats are that Crewe had 7 shots on target, of which 6 were goals. 1 was probably saved by the keeper so in total they had 7 shots on target. The 2 penalties are not included. So again, I don't see anything wrong with them stats.

Correct me if I am wrong, I may well be, but that is how I've always interpreted the shots on target stat.

That would make sense - but how the hell can a scored penalty not be classed as a shot on target?

That would make sense - but how the hell can a scored penalty not be classed as a shot on target?

It never has been classed as a shot on target, not sure why. Would be interesting to know if a free kick is classed as a shot on target?

I do know hitting the cross bar or post is classed as a shot off target.

These "rules", you could say, are followed by everyone, not only the BBC. So having a go at the BBC for the reason in which you did, is inaccurate.

Archived