BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pin Out, Grenade Lobbed.

Zulu

From an interesting article in the Independent.

From Chesterfield Davies went to Southampton, and thrived, but in July 1998 Roy Hodgson, then at Blackburn, paid £7.5m for him. It was an expensive price tag he never wore comfortably. "I never thought of it as a burden," he insists, "it's just that I was never happy in the dressing room. It was a poor dressing room, with too many cliques. Me and Chris Sutton didn't get on. It just didn't work out."

Discuss - but breathe first! :rolleyes:

Full article here - it nails old Purple Face comprehensively:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/kevin-davies-i-knew-id-be-booked-fergie-had-done-his-job-1803523.html

Lol, I know I'm replying to this but I doubt anybody really cares what Fat Davies thinks at the moment mate.

Maybe after Sunday people may care but Imo there is only one thing on peoples minds.

How do Boltoners view the East Lancs derby?

Do you have a team you would rather win or are you not that bothered?

Lol, I know I'm replying to this but I doubt anybody really cares what Fat Davies thinks at the moment mate.

Maybe after Sunday people may care but Imo there is only one thing on peoples minds.

I'm not that bothered, to be honest. As a neutral I'm really looking forward to watching it because the atmosphere, commitment and aggression will be great. Normally I would be hoping that the team most likely to go down would lose but there's not much in that, on current form. (That goes for us too, I guess.) All three of us are in the unfortunate situation of regarding PL survival as the cornerstone of our season sadly. I reckon this one's got 1-1 draw written all over it.

I'm more concerned that we don't get creamed by the Evil Empire tomorrow - not good vibes!

I'm not that bothered, to be honest. As a neutral I'm really looking forward to watching it because the atmosphere, commitment and aggression will be great. Normally I would be hoping that the team most likely to go down would lose but there's not much in that, on current form. (That goes for us too, I guess.) All three of us are in the unfortunate situation of regarding PL survival as the cornerstone of our season sadly. I reckon this one's got 1-1 draw written all over it.

I'm more concerned that we don't get creamed by the Evil Empire tomorrow - not good vibes!

Cheers Zulu, as a Darwener I have always had a dislike for Bolton (obviously) but no hatred so it was just interesting to get an outsiders opinion but an opinion from someone who new what it was about.

At the end of the day it's great for the fans that Rovers, Bolton, Wigan and inbreds are all in the same league, as this adds a meaning to the season for us. None of us can compete with the top teams at the moment so the local derbies are going to become more and more important imo.

Cheers Zulu, as a Darwener I have always had a dislike for Bolton (obviously) but no hatred so it was just interesting to get an outsiders opinion but an opinion from someone who new what it was about.

At the end of the day it's great for the fans that Rovers, Bolton, Wigan and inbreds are all in the same league, as this adds a meaning to the season for us. None of us can compete with the top teams at the moment so the local derbies are going to become more and more important imo.

Agreed. I hope all four stay up - at the expense of southern jessies such as Pompey and West Ham - and either Birmingham City or Wolves would just be the icing on the cake!

They are jelous because they dont understand the concept of a REAL derby match.Why? Because they dont have one.

they think they do and they believe they do but think about it.

DERBIES

rovers ....we dont care about them (its burnley)

utd....They have city ,liverpool,chelsea and arse to an extent (bigger games)

city....see above

Wigan.....they dont care about anything other than slagging the warriors.

who else is there bury,stockport ,oldham ,rochdale and they all have there own derbies.

BOLTON HAVE NOTHING ,NOONE,ZILCH.

BOLTON V HORWICH...oooops silly me .

keeping this on topic.....he only didnt like his teamates because they kept sending a taxi to corparation park to get him for training and take his brown bag wine off him.I dont care what the wino lard arsed lazy dolleper thinks or has to to say because he never earned the right to express any views on the rovers.

I've just asked a Notlob colleague of mine, he'd prefer the dingles to win as his aim this season is to finish above us.

MY point exactly..they live in the land of "we want a derby" BUT AINT GOT ONE!!!!

Does the light hurt your eyes? What are those voices telling you now? Get a grip son. :lol:

Sutton and Shearer didn't get on.

Cole and Sherringham didn't get on.

Cole and Souness didnt get on.

All of them still performed to the top of their ability.

The fact is we played Fat Kev as a footballer rather than a lump of a target man. He was pants at it!

Sutton and Shearer didn't get on.

Cole and Sherringham didn't get on.

Cole and Souness didnt get on.

All of them still performed to the top of their ability.

The fact is we played Fat Kev as a footballer rather than a lump of a target man. He was pants at it!

More fool you then. We've done quite well out of him, on the whole. (God, this is easy!)

They are jelous because they dont understand the concept of a REAL derby match.Why? Because they dont have one.

they think they do and they believe they do but think about it.

DERBIES

rovers ....we dont care about them (its burnley)

utd....They have city ,liverpool,chelsea and arse to an extent (bigger games)

city....see above

Wigan.....they dont care about anything other than slagging the warriors.

who else is there bury,stockport ,oldham ,rochdale and they all have there own derbies.

BOLTON HAVE NOTHING ,NOONE,ZILCH.

BOLTON V HORWICH...oooops silly me .

I think historically the rivalries have been Oldham and Bury for Bolton. Problem is, like us and the Dingles, due to the other teams being bobbins they don't get to play them much...

I think historically the rivalries have been Oldham and Bury for Bolton. Problem is, like us and the Dingles, due to the other teams being bobbins they don't get to play them much...

Not far off, Joey. For us it's always been Bury, Manchester United and Blackburn Rovers really. Before Abbey has a thrombie, I do realise that Burnley has always been the game for you guys and I also understand that, particularly in the last forty years, the Stretford Redsox have had bigger fish to fry. We also have a passionate hatred for Tranmere Rovers and Wolves, for some long-forgotten and unfathomable reason. Oldham has not really been seen as the big derby, no more than Burnley, Wigan, Preston or Blackpool. They all have a certain spice, of course.

MY point exactly..they live in the land of "we want a derby" BUT AINT GOT ONE!!!!

Thats a bit harsh. We have many a good derby game against notlob and usually a great atmosphere.

Up to this season we have had a rivalry with Bolton, now the dingles have come back that seems to be forgotten. the dingle game will always be bigger than any other but next season the dingles wont be about so I'd say our closest derby game will be the boys from Horwich.

Which part is meant to irritate Rovers fans? The fact that he didn't settle in the dressing room? Wasn't that obvious from his performances?

I'm not sure that any of it was meant to irritate Rovers' fans - although there has been one poster whose blood pressure appears to have been raised significantly. I just thought it was worthy of discussion, that's all.

Fair enough if thats what he thinks, personally I think he is covering up some of his poor performances by it. Either way I couldnt really give two, he's gone, we havent missed him, and we have a BIG game to concentrate on.

Thanks for the article though Zulu

That's a pretty good interview.

He's a nice bloke too. My girlfriend's friend asked for a shirt to be signed when he saw him picking up his kids.

He said he was in a rush but if he was ever near his house just knock on and if he was in he'd be more than happy to sign it.

So he went round and Big Kev was true to his word and signed the shirt no questions asked.

Top Bloke (although admittedly; poo as a Rovers player)

More fool you then. We've done quite well out of him, on the whole. (God, this is easy!)

He was bloody awful for us Zulu. One of the worst strikers to grace the blue and white halves, and that's saying something because we've had a few!

And for Davies to say it was because it wasn't a good dressing room with too many cliques... That's just unprofessional. When you're on the pitch you play for the club that spent £7.5mil on you, no one else has shown him that faith but Rovers.

Could it be that Sutton didn't get on with him because he was sh** and Sutton was 100x the player Davies was?

Archived