BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Haye

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beating a man 11 inches taller and 7 stone heavier is one thing - but to do it one handed takes some doing! Bring on the Klitchsko's.

I take your point but it would have been much more impressive if the Russian with a forehead like a woolly mammoth had been a boxer.

I take your point but it would have been much more impressive if the Russian with a forehead like a woolly mammoth had been a boxer.

To be fair Theno, you can only fight who`s put in front of you.

I always thought Haye was an over-hyped pretty boy, but the boy done good ;)

Haye definitely isn't over-hyped - he's earned a decent reputation by taking difficult fights in difficult circumstances. He went to France to fight Mormeck and won, took the Maccarinelli fight and steamed through him, then fought Valuev in Germany. He's been in trouble quite a few times due to his dodgy chin but has always come back stronger.

If anything people didn't hype him up enough before fighting Valuev - most people I spoke to thought he had no chance.

British boxing very much on the up at the moment. Credit to ITV 4 for their Big Fight Live coverage, but as soon as someone does well they jump ship to Sky. Carl Froch will be next......

Carl Froch wishes he could jump ship to Sky! He couldn't get anyone to televise the Taylor fight and the Dirrell fight was on some weird PPV channel. His promoters/management seem to be idiots so I'd imagine negotiating with them would be arduous.

It's a shame really because he has been involved in some cracking fights recently (Dirrell excepted). Considering how good the Pascal fight was, it was criminal nobody picked up the rights to the Taylor fight at least.

To be fair Theno, you can only fight who`s put in front of you.

I always thought Haye was an over-hyped pretty boy, but the boy done good ;)

Quite right cletus. I was denegrating Valuev rather than criticising Haye. He's an excellent boxer. Whether he's naturally big enough for the haevyweight division I'm not sure.

Quite right cletus. I was denegrating Valuev rather than criticising Haye. He's an excellent boxer. Whether he's naturally big enough for the haevyweight division I'm not sure.

Fair point Theno ;)

• 9 months later...

I didn't know people still followed and watched boxing.

I know - I love the sport but the first post on this thread is indicative of its problem - it's too bloody pretentious. Yes Audley will be outclassed, but its an interesting fight, especially in this country, so it's one that's worth making. Boxing fans always take themselves too seriously.

I know you're an MMA fan AR, so I wont need to point out the differences between the two.

If he doesn't fight one of those two after this he'll have let himself and the country down badly though.

I don't think there's any lack of bottle to fight the Klitschko's from Haye's side, they just haven't been able to make it happen. The fact that he's taken a fight with Harrison probably shows how frustrated he is.

I just think that the whole will he wont he with the brothers has been a game plan. He has set his stall out and it looks more and more likely that they will come to him and more on his terms. Last year he would have been walking into the lions den. 2 more fights down the line in the heavyweight division and getting his body accustomed the weight gain has been very beneficial. Just hoping that fraudley dont land that lucky punch or all of the waiting for vitali and wladimir could be wasted!!

R.I.P boxing... :angry2:

Of course it's annoying, but one stupidly made fight doesn't kill a sport. Otherwise the one to do it would be the Margarito - Pacquiao fight. Haye's bluster with the Klitschko's was just to drum up noise and spread his name internationally; he's ducked three opportunities to fight one or the other brother. Thus his subsequent claims that he'd never fight Audley because he isn't a worthy opponent were never to be given any weight, and this fight was expected.

There have been great fights this year, regardless of those that haven't been made. Froch's loss to Kessler was engrossing, and just last week Ricky Burns won an amazing upset against Roman Martinez to gain a world title. And there are tons of interesting fights being made. Katsidis vs Juan Manuel Marquez is a potential fight of the year, and with Berto - Aydin on the same card it's a must see. Ward - Direll is coming soon, Alexander - Bradley is scheduled early next year, Amir Khan may fight Marcos Maidana, Saul Alvarez is taking on Carlos Baldomir, Jean Pascal is fighting Bernard Hopkins...

Haye Vs Harrison certainly generates interest but it seems lose-lose for Haye. If he wins nobody will be surprised and it won't really enhance his rep, if he loses his rep is in tatters.

He wont lose, he'll destroy Audrey.

I'm sure Haye would love to have a go with either of the Klit bros but they like to pick their fights these days, at some point the organisations will need to organise some mandatory fights.

What's MMA?

• Backroom

He wont lose, he'll destroy Audrey.

I'm sure Haye would love to have a go with either of the Klit bros but they like to pick their fights these days, at some point the organisations will need to organise some mandatory fights.

What's MMA?

I'm well aware he won't lose, but that doesn't make my point any less valid. Audley has everything to gain and nothing to lose, Haye has the opposite.

I'm well aware he won't lose, but that doesn't make my point any less valid. Audley has everything to gain and nothing to lose, Haye has the opposite.

No, your point is valid. I do think the workout will do Haye good as I doubt he'll get big fight before next April plus he gets to knock Harrison out which will be a magnificent sight.

Mixed Martial Arts.

Go to youtube and type in UFC and watch.

Think I'll stick the the Queenbury rules!

Archived