BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire Day

Quite by chance I've discovered November 27th is Lancashire Day, I'd not heard of this till yesterday. Apparently the day marks the sending of Lancashire's first representatives to King Edward 1st's parliament in 1295. Lancashire day was first celebrated in 1996. This is all I can find.

Quite by chance I've discovered November 27th is Lancashire Day, I'd not heard of this till yesterday. Apparently the day marks the sending of Lancashire's first representatives to King Edward 1st's parliament in 1295. Lancashire day was first celebrated in 1996. This is all I can find.

Where and how is it celebrated?

When do the dingles celebrate Yorkshire Day?

Where and how is it celebrated?

Every 27th November i proudly don my flattest of flat caps, put on my best braces, pants & ganddad shirt, saddle up my whippet & ride it into town. Once there, i join the annual 'Lancashire Day Parade' where we wave the finest black puddings at the watching throngs as we march past. After that, we thrill to the sights of the Lancashire Aerobatic Pigeon Society (LIPS) & then tuck in to a feast of tripe, offal, trotters & Lancashire hotpot.

Don`t we all do this? It`s tradition tha` nos ;)

Every 27th November i proudly don my flattest of flat caps, put on my best braces, pants & ganddad shirt, saddle up my whippet & ride it into town. Once there, i join the annual 'Lancashire Day Parade' where we wave the finest black puddings at the watching throngs as we march past. After that, we thrill to the sights of the Lancashire Aerobatic Pigeon Society (LIPS) & then tuck in to a feast of tripe, offal, trotters & Lancashire hotpot.

Don`t we all do this? It`s tradition tha` nos ;)

The Goodies were absolute shiiite, they make Lenny Henry look funny

TAKE THAT BACK SIR!!!! The Goodies are/were gods!

Sorry cletus I'm with scouse. Tim Brooke Taylor was singularly unfunny and Bill Oddie should be nicknamed Thrush....... Not cos he's famously into bird watching but because he's an irritating ####.

Sorry cletus I'm with scouse. Tim Brooke Taylor was singularly unfunny and Bill Oddie should be nicknamed Thrush....... Not cos he's famously into bird watching but because he's an irritating ####.

You obviously weren`t a child in the 70s gord.

Bill Oddie is god!

:o You are kidding... right? :huh: Oddie is infantile and doesn't have a funny bone in his body.

Correct, and he's a right cantankerous swine on Spring/Autumnwatch as well, constantly talking over his co-presenter. Glad he took a break from it.

Cletus, I saw that The Goodies was on UK Gold a few years back and thought I'd watch it cos I thought it was hilarious when I was growing up as well.

It was @#/?.

Archived