BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers In Stockholm

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

If I'm honest I can only for sure point out Nelsen, Grella and Pedersen and possibly Chimbonda (?) in the hat.

Is it Kalinic at the cash machine and Emerton stood at the back?

Surely they should have changed their money beforehand or at least away from the airport/port?

I suppose they don't have to worry about such things...

I hope that they have a nice break anyway. Sweden is supposed to be a really lovely country.

Guy at the front isn't a reserve or youth team player, not 100% sure but it looks a bit like the Rovers kit man.

From those you can see I'd say Nelsen, Grella, Gamst obviously, I think the guy in white is Di Santo, is the guy at the cash point Dunn? Also I think the guy in the hat is Chimbonda. Also I don't think it is Emerton at the back not sure who it is though

Here is the article translated: (Not perfect I know, blame Google Translate)

Premier League teams Christmas parties are known to go wild for.

Last night Blackburn flew to Stockholm to party away.

football stars stuck right after the meeting with Liverpool.

Blackburn players were in obvious good spirits when they came to the airport late last night.

Directly after the 0-0-match against Liverpool in the afternoon, they pulled to Blackpool, where they flew to an exclusive private jet to Stockholm.

When they came out into the arrivals hall they went straight up to the ATM to withdraw money before the Swedish night at Stockholm's nightlife. They went too loudly up and hugged friends who was waiting for the football stars.

Then they took into the center of Stockholm to party in a couple of the hottest clubs. According to data Sportbladet was the famous club in Stockholm V and famous White Room.

"Unfortunately with Martin"

Blackburn's Swedish back Martin Olsson is however not on the trip to Stockholm. He has had a heavy period during the fall and did not come to play so much. But teammates complained that Olsson was not on the trip to his homeland.

- It is sad that Martin could not come up with. But it was a bit short on time, he could not, "says one of the team coaches to Sportbladet and continues:

- But it's very nice to be here. Morten Gamst Pedersen've fixed everything. He is Norwegian, so he feels pretty good to Stockholm.

Luxury boat on the schedule

During flash visiten in Stockholm Blackburn players will also have time for a visit to the luxurious Sturebadet.

After the Christmas party making in Sweden Blackburn go back to England for next Saturday to play an important game against Hull.

Blackburn's Swedish back Martin Olsson is however not on the trip to Stockholm. He has had a heavy period during the fall and did not come to play so much. But teammates complained that Olsson was not on the trip to his homeland.

Hence his lack of form, he's had a heavy period...

Sorry, couldn't resist...

;)

Errr I don't get this. Elsewhere there are comments about having a hard week, 120 minutes against Chelsea, 3 games in 7 days and now it appears most of the squad is on the p!ss in Stockholm? We have a very winnable away game against Hull on Saturday and the first team are out partying. I just hope nobody raises the "it's been a hard week" arguement again for the rest of the season

so proffesional athletes have bodies that cant recover from playing footy but can recover from travelling abroad and getting lashed and partying in the week of an important game???? :blink:

they have the summer to celebrate christmas? they have the lifestyle of riches surly it cant be hard to be disiplined and focus on the fitness and proffesionilism of their chosen trade,its not like they dont know they will be playing at christmas is it?

Why are people making an issue out of it? This happens every year and every club has these parties. If we lose on Saturday then you can maybe start complaining!

I haven't a clue. A trip literally right after the match... I'll bet they're back now and training.

Archived