BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Away - Monday 11 January 2010

Sorry Le C City may be "ordinary" tonight but Rovers are simply embarrassing.

Rovers have shown they can pass the ball between the boxes, they have proved beyond doubt there is no creativity in the middle and this game emphasises just how inappropriate an Andrews/NZonzi central pairing is.

Andrews is a nonety, simply he is a complete waste of space, NZonzi is out of his depth doing two jobs.

Why oh Why Allardyce goes with Andrews is an enigma. Surely, the only way to have approached this game is 4-4-2. He could easily have played Reid instead of Andrews, he could have played a member of the youth team instead of Andrews.

Instead, he puts this muppet in the team. Rovers are in big big trouble. Tonight, its the wrong team, wrong formation, wrong tactics and wrong in each and every we we have approached the game.

Allardyce and co are close to losing my support. The longer he persists in playing defensive formations when the team DOESNT ALLOW it the easier I find it to no longer support him.

I cannot wait for the next 45 minutes. If he doesnt make wholsesale efforts to change this morbid, rancid and plain bloody boring football then come Thursday we will be out of the cup semi's and then on Sunday Ewood will be reverberating at the sound of "Allardyce OUT".

Something has to give spectacularly. Its either Andrews or Allardyce.

#

Simples.

I didn't say we weren't embarrassing, I was just trying to deduce why that is.

Even if we didn't have creativity in central midfield it would be totally pointless - who would they play the passes through to when there is no pace?

I hope we go to that 4-3-3 'emergency' formation and give it a go, I don't see how else we can recover some pride here.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't watch the half-time synopsis.

What really worries me is that we probably can't afford to change the management team and if we did who hell would be interested? Look at the names suggested at Burnley, not good at all.

We look like a side that has sold its very best players and not replaced them. Our midfield is shocking, absolutely no support for Di Santo.

(Please don't use that word again) the league cup! There's a very good chance we are going down on this form.

Can't argue with any of that. Thank God for Pompey, Wolves and Hull or else the relegated clubs might easily all come from north of Manchester. I've had that horrible relegation fear since the Stoke match. This transfer window is crucial. We've no money and over the past 2 years the club have cashed in on all our better players.

SA needs to perform miracles and unearth a gem or two that no one else has spotted and who doesn't want a fortune in wages. Good luck Sam. :(

Sam's obvious plan (adopted by most of the struggling lower orders) to keep it tight, quieten the crowd and keep City down to one goal or less for 75 mins before changing to an attacking formation has gone to pot with the second goal. HT now needs to see the changes rather than the last 15 or Citeh are in the top 4.

Who do we get in if we get shot of Allardyce though?

By the time we got someone in the transfer window would be almost shut.

I was happy with him last season, he did a solid job then. But this season has been so poor for all sorts of reasons, I'm hoping he thinks it's not worth the candle at the end of this season and goes on medical grounds.

Good question, but I think it's something that we need to start planning for.

Agreed, he did a good job in scraping points and keeping us up, but he's done nothing this season except prove time and again he is not the man to take us forward.

The end of the season might be too late - we might be appointing someone to get us promoted from the Championship ....

Who do we get in if we get shot of Allardyce though?

By the time we got someone in the transfer window would be almost shut.

I was happy with him last season, he did a solid job then. But this season has been so poor for all sorts of reasons, I'm hoping he thinks it's not worth the candle at the end of this season and goes on medical grounds.

This is my worry also, there really is no one good around who is proven at this level who would come to us.

Makes you want to cry doesn't it,its bloody awful this...hardly a shot on goal from Rovers.

You may recall the “Room to let comment” passing the grave yard in moss side, maybe we should have gotten in, we’d have been spared this pal! :lol:

im only listening on the radio... but from what I can hear, we are sh1t!!!

I'm not surprised the scoreline is as it is... it will double in the second half if we carry on. Jason Wilcox is saying that we are doing well... whatever!!!

not had a shot on goal... not really put a good passage of play together, half arsed lacklustre performances from some of our more important players... bobbins!!!

Doubt he can, we gave Sam a contract that makes him virtually unsackable.

Speechless, we lasted 12 mins v Villa, 10 mins today, game over at that point both times.

Instead of playing one up front away from home why don't we just concede the 3 points before kick off?

At least we won't pick up further injuries that way.

Not even in the warm up.

<_<

Precisely.

Once we concede away from home (usually within ten minutes) we're screwed because we have NO PLAN B and no way back into the match.

I can't watch the half-time synopsis.

Yup, raving about Micah Richard's goal. Anyone can run forward and shoot when the opposition refuses to tackle you.

I also loved the way Andrews let Richards sprint past, then kinda floated off to the side as if he was doing something else.

Yup, raving about Micah Richard's goal. Anyone can run forward and shoot when the opposition refuses to tackle you.

I also loved the way Andrews let Richards sprint past, then kinda floated off to the side as if he was doing something else.

He does this all the f'in time! Why can Allardyce not see this and yet it is plainly obvious to everyone else. I would seriously play the Under 18's on Thursday night and tell them there are spots to be won! Then the first team will see some passion!

We're snookered now. 2-0 down at half time. If we go 4-3-3 what damage do you think Petrov and Bellamy are going to do down the wings?

I can't see it being any worse than the current formation. I would be tempted to get either Nelsen or Givet off and put Chimbonda at left back.

Givet is a complete waste of a player at left back, he's not pacey enough to deal with wingers and he offers nothing going forward.

Guest Kamy100

Very very poor again, the worst of it is that City haven't been that great, not even got out of first gear and they are 2-0 up. Said time and again, hoofing balls up front away from home does not work, especially against technically superior sides.

All very depressing.

Come on at least show some fight, Hoillett and Niko coming on, at least that is a positive move.

Archived