BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Freeze? More Like Big 3

Smacks of desperation.

Randolf,

You do surprise me, you must have a very short memory, who was it now, I have forgotten for a moment, but one Championship club at one time were so desperate to get people through the turnstiles, they gave 7,000 season tickets away!

I wonder who that could have been? :rolleyes:

It's a good deal for people who want to go to these games but TBH my first thought was "why buy a season ticket?" I'm sure we will continue to buy our STs but the level of discounting and packages around these days will I feel encourage fans to just buy tickets on a match by match basis. I'm sure someone will come up with the maths to prove me wrong, and I'm sure the ST still makes good sense, but this was my first thought on seeing the offer.

Blackburn End Lower

£29 for Cat B, £35 for Cat A.

Season ticket - £199

The price of a PL game is now pretty well established as £10 / 12 perhaps a bit more in some areas.

No it isn't. As a season-ticket holder, you probably won't realise what matchday prices are, but these promotions only apply to a smattering of games throughout the season. Ordinarily, unless you are a senior citizen, club 16-21 member, or a junior, the lowest price in the ground is £17, in the Riverside, for a category B game (keep in mind, even the Sunderland game, bizarrely, was a category A game). The Riverside can only seat a few thousand and has a rubbish few, so most seats in the ground cost £28 or £29 for category B games, the lowest category. Except for the wings of the Jack Walker, at £22. For category A games, even the Riverside costs £28.

Matchday prices

Thanks for that stuwilky and bluebruce. Obviously I'm wrong, interesting though about the impression I've gained plus I don't expect to pay more than £10-12 to watch a PL game at Ewood but that is only because of the ST deal.

If you just fancy 7 or 8 games a season, against lower level opposition, it makes sense to wait for the offers. But if you want to choose when to go then a season ticket is really the best option. Also the £10/12 per game figure may rise due to the fact that some people will buy the £30 block but not go to all games. There will also be people who have bought season tickets at the amazingly low prices who don't go to all games. I would think that £150/199 is within most peoples budgets, but not £350/400. It will be interesting to see what the average seat value is at the end of the season. I think this has been mentioned in the past.. about £13 i seem to remember(obviously this includes concessions).

Do people think that there will be another offer this season? The last few games are against bigger clubs and we still have 2 of the "whole Darwen End" teams to play. One against Man U; the other? Chelsea? Everton? I can't see it being Arsenal as this is the last home game of the season - unless a rearrangement has to take place.

If you just fancy 7 or 8 games a season, against lower level opposition, it makes sense to wait for the offers. But if you want to choose when to go then a season ticket is really the best option. Also the £10/12 per game figure may rise due to the fact that some people will buy the £30 block but not go to all games. There will also be people who have bought season tickets at the amazingly low prices who don't go to all games. I would think that £150/199 is within most peoples budgets, but not £350/400. It will be interesting to see what the average seat value is at the end of the season. I think this has been mentioned in the past.. about £13 i seem to remember(obviously this includes concessions).

Do people think that there will be another offer this season? The last few games are against bigger clubs and we still have 2 of the "whole Darwen End" teams to play. One against Man U; the other? Chelsea? Everton? I can't see it being Arsenal as this is the last home game of the season - unless a rearrangement has to take place.

only man utd are getting the whole of the darwen end,no other team is getting it

I popped into the ticket office a day or two before the Sunderland game, to get a child`s ticket for the Darwen End. The ticket would`ve cost £15. Instead, i bought a child`s half-season ticket for the Darwen End for £25. An abso-bloody-lute bargain if you ask me!!! :tu:

only man utd are getting the whole of the darwen end,no other team is getting it

After Thurs why not give us the Darwen End and let the Mancs have the rest? At least Ewood would be full.

I popped into the ticket office a day or two before the Sunderland game, to get a child`s ticket for the Darwen End. The ticket would`ve cost £15. Instead, i bought a child`s half-season ticket for the Darwen End for £25. An abso-bloody-lute bargain if you ask me!!! :tu:

As long as you don't mind your child hating you forever cletus! :rolleyes:

As long as you don't mind your child hating you forever cletus! :rolleyes:

:lol::lol: It`s ok Gord, he`s not mine he belongs to the gf.

He actually enjoys coming to Ewood with us. He used to go to Notlob with his mate & mate`s dad. Says he hated it.

He`s a Man United fan at heart :(, but we`re working on him. He`s got a Rovers shirt & half-season ticket at Ewood & says he supports Rovers except when they play United.

Archived