BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Top Ten Flops From Jan 2008/2009 Window

Bizarre that Diouf is the number one there...he only cost a million, and did a job to help us stay up. He's just dipped quite a lot this season. Surely the best candidate on that list for the number one spot was Savio Nsereko...nine million! And I'd never even heard of him...but if the author says he makes Corrado Grabbi look like an unmitigated success, he HAS to be horrific! In fact, I think this list is written in reverse...one should be ten and ten should be one. The list gets more expensive near the bottom.

Can't really argue with he rest, perhaps its a bit harsh on Woodgate.

Since you mention him I'll tell you a funny story about that lad. How many games did he play at middlesbourgh? 30+ a season. A chap I know from teeside uni used to be the flexibilty coach when he was there, they had him on a special training program which focused on increasing his core. It was felt that he always got his injuries because his core couldn't support the forces the limbs where under and so the limbs where always under to much strain. Hence why he was always injured. Spuds (and they really live up to that name here) sign him and then completely disregard his training program saying its not needed, whats Woodgate doing now?

SPUDS from top to toe that club, with the exception of Inglethorpe

Since you mention him I'll tell you a funny story about that lad. How many games did he play at middlesbourgh? 30+ a season. A chap I know from teeside uni used to be the flexibilty coach when he was there, they had him on a special training program which focused on increasing his core. It was felt that he always got his injuries because his core couldn't support the forces the limbs where under and so the limbs where always under to much strain. Hence why he was always injured. Spuds (and they really live up to that name here) sign him and then completely disregard his training program saying its not needed, whats Woodgate doing now?

SPUDS from top to toe that club, with the exception of Inglethorpe

Its a shame he has been plagued with injuries, always been a fan of his. IMO he is by far the most talented centre back England have but he when he starts to show his class he gets injured.

No surprise in what you said, Spurs have ruined many a player.

Its a shame he has been plagued with injuries, always been a fan of his. IMO he is by far the most talented centre back England have but he when he starts to show his class he gets injured.

No surprise in what you said, Spurs have ruined many a player.

King's up there, but we're hardly short of quality centre halves in this country now are we.

That list is comical.

Is it hell. Apart from the fact that he must have brittle bones Woodgate is another like Dyer and Jenas and Brown who are frequently lurking without intent around the England set up and for no purpose whatsoever except that they have become the darlings of the press and media for no apparent reason.

I wouldn't say Diouf was the number one flop, he played a vital role last season to help us stay up imo. This season however it looks like his legs have gone and he is well past it.

I wouldn't say he played a vital role, RVR. He was decent enough, but filled a void more than excelling in the position IMO.

He probably deserves to be in the top 10, but not number one.

I cannot wait to get rid of this guy because he offers next to nothing.

Archived