[Archived] Champions League

ewoodpo

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A front three of those guys would be something

Messi-----------------------Ronaldo

--------------Rooney---------------

Scary thing is, Barca have Messi-Zlatan-Henry, which is only fractionally short of the above.

Who the best player in the world is makes for a great debate. But if you ask who the best three players are, the debate worldwide ends at Messi, Rooney and Ronaldo (although I have suspicion three Spaniards and a Brazilian will be adding their names as candidates this summer).

Much as I dislike Ferguson, he spotted two of those three very young and developed them to their full potential which is an amazing legacy. Cristina is clearly regressing at quite a rate away from the cantankerous old Scot.

Agreed - Iniesta, Ribery and Aguero would complete the list of the finest players in World football at the moment for me.

Much as I dislike Ferguson, he spotted two of those three very young and developed them to their full potential which is an amazing legacy. Cristina is clearly regressing at quite a rate away from the cantankerous old Scot.

While I'm not sure you can accuse Ronaldo of regressing just yet, the rest makes for a great point. Remember Ferguson also wanted Ronaldinho before he went to Barca (obviously his talents were no secret at the time, but still).

Agreed - Iniesta, Ribery and Aguero would complete the list of the finest players in World football at the moment for me.

No Fabregas? I think he's a more complete player than Aguero at present, his goals/assists record (14/15) this season is outstanding.

Can't believe only Tugs has mentioned Iniesta. The guy is an unbelievable talent and the best central midfielder in world football IMO.

Certainly the top three on current form are Rooney, Ronaldo and Messi.

I guess it's all about positions and attributes as well though. I still think Villa is the best finisher in world football but he hasn't got the all round game of the three mentioned above.

Imagine a front five of:

--Villa---Rooney---

Messi-------Ronaldo

-----Iniesta

Phwoar!..you score three we'll score ten!

No Fabregas? I think he's a more complete player than Aguero at present, his goals/assists record (14/15) this season is outstanding.

Fair point, he did cross my mind but to be honest I even ranked Arshavin above him. I guess the only thing I could say in my defence is Aguero plays in a weaker side (relatively speaking).

All signs point towards Spain being nigh on unstoppable this Summer.

--Villa---Rooney---

Messi-------Ronaldo

-----Iniesta

Phwoar!..you score three we'll score ten!

Pretty incredible. I'd have to have Xavi in there though, he's probably my favourite player to watch at the moment.

Oops, forgot Fabregas, he's obviously make it.

Can't believe only Tugs has mentioned Iniesta. The guy is an unbelievable talent and the best central midfielder in world football IMO.

I guess it's all about positions and attributes as well though. I still think Villa is the best finisher in world football but he hasn't got the all round game of the three mentioned above.

While Iniesta is an incredible player, I prefer Xavi. You can watch him complete 90 minutes, be on the ball for most of it, and only misplace a single pass.

Also, I much prefer Torres to Villa. His all round game is better and I'd even suggest his finishing is as well. His goal record for LIverpool is absolutely phenomonal.

So far I have (not in order): Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo, Kaka, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Drogba and Torres in my top 10. Not sure who would be the last name in the list.

Scheijder was arguably the best player at the last Euros. He is undoubtedly one of the world's top midfielders, but not quite in the league of Xavi and Iniesta just yet. Maybe in a year or two that will be different.

Why Real let him go, I'll never know.

Also, I much prefer Torres to Villa. His all round game is better and I'd even suggest his finishing is as well. His goal record for LIverpool is absolutely phenomonal.

No doubt Torres' all round game is better but Villa is the better finisher. Take a look at his goal record for Valencia and Spain too. It's second to none. Torres gives defenders the run around and Villa's there to put them away.

As Tugs said I can't see anything other than a Spanish World Cup victory.

I'm also probably on my own but I believe Kaka to be slightly overrated. Great player but not what many in world football have hyped him up to be. Madrid fans are finding this out.

i dont get why for people picking their best player in the world 98% of the time its a attack minded player.

anyway out of the its Messi for me. he gives more/better wow moments. take last night, twice it seems he had no where to go and ends up scoring, okay he was lucks on both but still spectacular to watch

Archived