BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

ewoodpo

Arsenal V Barca, I'm rubbing my hands together that could be one hell of a game or two.

I'm a little dissapointed that Arsenal drew Barcelona as I have a bit of a soft spot for them. But for a neutral, that is going to be some game...

Looks odds on to be a United vs Barcelona final again!

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

English sides kept apart until the final - can see 1, if not 2 making it anyway!

Id go with Barca (2nd leg at home is crucial), United, Lyon & Inter

Making it United v Lyon & Inter V Barca

United V Barca Final in Madrid........

Ah - It's in Madrid.

The worst thing for all Madridians would be to see their biggest enemy Barcelona rising the Champions League trophy which they thought they would be getting at their own home turf Santiago Bernabeu!

What an absolutely delightful prospect.

Now I am not loosing my marbles however , I noticed this article in the Guardian this morning. If the FA decide to bring this in my question is would it boost our chances of making it to the promised land . http://m.guardian.co.uk/?id=102202&story=http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/14/premier-league-play-off-champions-league

Funny that Liverpool object, I would have thought the rapidly declining Merseyside power would welcome it as a lifeline to the champs league.

• 2 weeks later...

Bayern 2-1 Man United

Not the greatest performance by Man U. They seemed to sit on their lead. A fluke free kick lets the Germans back in it then some well dodgy defending for the last 10 mins gifted the game. Gomez should have scored before Olic did. I won't shed any tears if it's a stalemate at Old Trafford.

How much in tomorrow's papers will be dedicated to Rooney's injury?

Lyon 3-1 Bordeaux

This one is all to play for too.

How much in tomorrow's papers will be dedicated to Rooney's injury?

The Sun already has "England Sweat On Rooney Injury" today is the last day of March, the World Cup Finals are in June lets not panic without knowing what the injury is, but I do hope he is out when Utd play at Ewood

You can all blame me......

Early evening pint at the 'Tuesday club' in the local and as news of Rooneys early goal came on Sky sports news I said "the best thing about Rooney and the World cup is that apart from his dodgy metatarsels he looks indestructable". :rolleyes:

btw... I did go on to suggest ironically that it's in the stars that sick note Grella would prob crock him and put him out of the world cup in a week or two..... lets hope one or the other is not fit. :tu:

You can all blame me......

Early evening pint at the 'Tuesday club' in the local and as news of Rooneys early goal came on Sky sports news I said "the best thing about Rooney and the World cup is that apart from his dodgy metatarsels he looks indestructable". :rolleyes:

btw... I did go on to suggest ironically that it's in the stars that sick note Grella would prob crock him and put him out of the world cup in a week or two..... lets hope one or the other is not fit. :tu:

Who is this Grella lad you speak of?

According to SSN - Rooney out for 2-4 weeks with a sprained ankle!

Big blow for United, with Chelsea & Bayern to play this next week - great news for us the week after too!

This is an absolute blessing for everyone; us, the other title contenders, Bayern, England.

The Arsenal-Barcelona game today should be a cracker, I'm looking forward to it.

Yep, I think Berbatov becoming the centre of attention means he does better in that side, so they are nearly as dangerous. It's a blow for them against Chelsea, but against everyone else they face between now and Rooney's return they should be fine.

Archived