BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Summer Transfers (2010)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly you've always had an issue with the clauses but the fact remains we've done well out of them. Citeh fans at work are convinved we got the sale of the century when we got £17m for Santa Cruz. Similarly with Duff £17m for a player that never once lived up to expectations after leaving us was great business for us.

Yes I do have a problem with get out clauses, although, I do see why the club would want to insert one with certain players and I would explain what I mean by that if necessary.

The problem is that firstly, they put the future of our player, in the hands of another club's manager and as long as that player is with us, there are doubts continually about his immediate future. He could be gone within days and there's nothing that we can do about it. It must be very difficult for the manager to plan ahead while players are rumoured to be leaving.

Secondly, I've seen no evidence that get out clauses actually benefit the selling club financially. Can you give me that evidence? We did well financially with RSC and Duffer because they were wanted talent at that time. We would have got that cash, get out clause or not - in my opinion. In fact, who's to say that with certain players, the buying club wouldn't have gone even higher? No, I don't see any proof of us getting a higher fee because of that clause. So I don't see how we have "done well" out of those clauses, as you say we did.

Just a minor point about Duff leaving. If that clause hadn't have been in place, he wouldn't have left rovers. Even with the clause in place and Chelsea reaching the target figure, Duff said he wouldn't have insisted on talking to Chelsea. In other words, it could be argued that the get out clause, inserted by the club, actually cost us his services. Granted, there aren't many players like that, but in this case that's what happened.

I'd much prefer we took a chance on some unknown quantity from Scandinavia than blew money away on transfer fees/agent fees/Premiership wages on Benjani & Beattie, who their clubs can't wait to boot.

And if Beattie really only wants to play for us again does it not say a lot for his motivation when he gets here?

Local guy,his club,point to prove against Pulis and some Rovers supporters from first stint here. And helps with

local resurgence of the Club(Lancaster, QEGS,youth team,role model,fan)At a million plus reasonable wages its a very good deal.

And if Beattie really only wants to play for us again does it not say a lot for his motivation when he gets here?

Local guy,his club,point to prove against Pulis and some Rovers supporters from first stint here. And helps with

local resurgence of the Club(Lancaster, QEGS,youth team,role model,fan)At a million plus reasonable wages its a very good deal.

Ya gotta love nostalgia ;) sign him up not.

Yes I do have a problem with get out clauses, although, I do see why the club would want to insert one with certain players and I would explain what I mean by that if necessary.

The problem is that firstly, they put the future of our player, in the hands of another club's manager and as long as that player is with us, there are doubts continually about his immediate future. He could be gone within days and there's nothing that we can do about it. It must be very difficult for the manager to plan ahead while players are rumoured to be leaving.

Secondly, I've seen no evidence that get out clauses actually benefit the selling club financially. Can you give me that evidence? We did well financially with RSC and Duffer because they were wanted talent at that time. We would have got that cash, get out clause or not - in my opinion. In fact, who's to say that with certain players, the buying club wouldn't have gone even higher? No, I don't see any proof of us getting a higher fee because of that clause. So I don't see how we have "done well" out of those clauses, as you say we did.

Just a minor point about Duff leaving. If that clause hadn't have been in place, he wouldn't have left rovers. Even with the clause in place and Chelsea reaching the target figure, Duff said he wouldn't have insisted on talking to Chelsea. In other words, it could be argued that the get out clause, inserted by the club, actually cost us his services. Granted, there aren't many players like that, but in this case that's what happened.

The get out clauses are in the main put in by the agents and in cases such as Bellamy on his insistance, sometimes, as in the case of Bellamy, the player will not join or sign a new contract without these clauses, like it or not, we have to live with it these days and even without the clause, then we have the Webster effect, we cant win whichever way!

The get out clauses are in the main put in by the agents and in cases such as Bellamy on his insistance, sometimes, as in the case of Bellamy, the player will not join or sign a new contract without these clauses, like it or not, we have to live with it these days and even without the clause, then we have the Webster effect, we cant win whichever way!

The first sentence is just wrong Kelbo. Get out clauses are used by the clubs to protect the huge lay out on the top players contracts.

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH :lol:

Go and ruin another club with that nonsense!

Why didnt we try to get Thomas Hitzlsperger on a free transfer?

We'll get these questions whenever any mid to lower table club signs a player. Maybe Sam had no interest in signing him. There must be a reason for him to have been freed by Lazio and only to make 6 appearances since January.

I always liked the look of him when he was at Villa but Lazio have let him go pretty easily so that makes me wonder what has gone wrong with him.

Anyone from the club reading the last few pages knows there will be a big fans' backlash if Samba gets sold to West Ham for anything under £15m.

Imagine Big Sam selling Samba when hes struggling big time to identify a decent striker, maybe we arent out the woods just yet.

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH :lol:

Go and ruin another club with that nonsense!

mhead is entitled to his opinion, therefore it's not 'rubbish'.

I appreciate that we could possibly do a lot better than Beattie but I see where mhead is coming from, I'd rather have a lad playing who actually supports the club and wants what every other Rovers fan in the stadium wants than somebody like Benjani and co who couldn't give two hoots about the club. Beattie would graft for the team and wear our shirt with pride just like Dunny.

I believe that's what gives Dunny that little bit extra, he's a Rovers fan and plays for the club he supports so he goes the extra mile.

Beggars can't be choosers JAL and I'm afraid we as a club are more towards the the beggars end of the scale rather than the choosers. In an ideal world we'd go out and sign a 20 odd goal a season striker who has it all, but the only players who will as good as guarantee you that are Rooney, Drogba and Anelka and I'm afraid we just cant afford them.

I might got shot down for saying this, but I think I'd swap Samba for a £10 million top class striker.

Even if Samba left, we'd have Nelsen, Givet and Jones fighting for two places, plus Hanley and Zurab for cover.

I think Samba improved massively in the second half of last season, he's undoubtedly one of our most important players...but central defence is an area where we do have a number of good players. Probably the only area of the pitch where we can lay that claim.

I might got shot down for saying this, but I think I'd swap Samba for a £10 million top class striker.

Problem is that we couldn't get anyone who's actually worth £10M to come to us, even if we got the money.

Even if Samba left, we'd have Nelsen, Givet and Jones fighting for two places, plus Hanley and Zurab for cover.

I think Samba improved massively in the second half of last season, he's undoubtedly one of our most important players...but central defence is an area where we do have a number of good players. Probably the only area of the pitch where we can lay that claim.

Has a bid gone in or is this just a message board rumour?

I wouldn't look to deep into it but if a bid did come in Samba has a lengthy contract so it would be a lucrative deal for the Rovers.

As for the choice between Samba and a top quality striker? Bring it on!!!

The first sentence is just wrong Kelbo. Get out clauses are used by the clubs to protect the huge lay out on the top players contracts.

Get out clauses are put in by both parties, Santa Cruz and Bellamys were on the players insistance!

Just a rumour as far as I'm aware, I'm just musing out of boredom.

At least your honest LeChuck! Reel 'em in.

It only takes one post on here for everybody to get all het up about a player leaving, I mean, I've even agreed to trading him for a top class striker! I bet the Spammer who started it all off is wetting himself about it right now.

The best thing is that the rumour started on this this message board will turn up in a tabloid somewhere in the next few days...

mhead is entitled to his opinion, therefore it's not 'rubbish'.

I appreciate that we could possibly do a lot better than Beattie but I see where mhead is coming from, I'd rather have a lad playing who actually supports the club and wants what every other Rovers fan in the stadium wants than somebody like Benjani and co who couldn't give two hoots about the club. Beattie would graft for the team and wear our shirt with pride just like Dunny.

I believe that's what gives Dunny that little bit extra, he's a Rovers fan and plays for the club he supports so he goes the extra mile.

Beggars can't be choosers JAL and I'm afraid we as a club are more towards the the beggars end of the scale rather than the choosers. In an ideal world we'd go out and sign a 20 odd goal a season striker who has it all, but the only players who will as good as guarantee you that are Rooney, Drogba and Anelka and I'm afraid we just cant afford them.

Sorry, just dont buy this local lad, supports the club, so he'll try harder nonsense. Signing Beattie will push Rovers firmly back into the relegation dog fight purely based on his ability or should say lack of it.

Take Guti and the difference he (Guti) has that extra yard in his head, James purely relies on his physical attributes to get him by and as hes approaching 33 years of age those physical attributes are beginninmg to desert him which makes him a no brainer.

Beatties best spot at Ewood would be to sit in the stands and cheer the lads other than that play for the opposition as then we know we'll be on our way to victory because hes that impotent in front of goal.

If Sam thinks Beattie has his head screwed on enough to come to Ewood, that will be good enough for me.

I don't like get out clauses but I am grateful for them having given us the chance to have watched Bellamy and RSC fleetingly playing for Rovers.

If Sam thinks Beattie has his head screwed on enough to come to Ewood, that will be good enough for me.

I don't like get out clauses but I am grateful for them having given us the chance to have watched Bellamy and RSC fleetingly playing for Rovers.

If Sam thinks Beattie is good enough for Rovers then obviously Sams struggling!

Get out clauses are put in by both parties,

That's what I've been saying, just before you said that they are used mainly by the players. Try to keep up Kelbo! :)

Santa Cruz and Bellamys were on the players insistance!

How do you know Santa Cruz insisted on his get out clause? How do you know it wasn't by both parties, or indeed by the club?

How do you know Santa Cruz insisted on his get out clause? How do you know it wasn't by both parties, or indeed by the club?

Noone knows. But if Santa Cruz didn't want it, then the club would have had no reason to want it themselves. So it would seem more likely that it was Santa.

Archived