BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Summer Transfers (2010)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to say it 47er but 8-10 million? me think's you may be well OTT with that figure!

I was hoping for confirmation! The 2M for Benni and Grella is right (if he goes) and we would get around 5m for Roberts/Chimbonda and Zurab(if that's what the manager wanted to do) and we did finish10th! Just wondered if we had more dosh to spend than we are saying. Good tactics if so. Prepared to be shot down but living in hope!

What about Elfsborgs Denni Avdic? He's young and tall striker with an eye for goals, a bit like Crouch and Zigic.

Watch his goals on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku1Ytp1DdWU&feature=related

He's talented, but i would be astounded if his next move was to a Premiership club. He will move, but to Holland, Germany, Greece or Portugal.

I was hoping for confirmation! The 2M for Benni and Grella is right (if he goes) and we would get around 5m for Roberts/Chimbonda and Zurab(if that's what the manager wanted to do) and we did finish10th! Just wondered if we had more dosh to spend than we are saying. Good tactics if so. Prepared to be shot down but living in hope!

In which universe we would get £5M from selling Roberts/Chimbonda and Zurab? Roberts might be worth £1M, and the latter two we'd probably be happy to let go on free if anyone would take them off our hands.

Currently we have the benni money only - forget the 10th place - that money has gone.

So currently just over £2m, soon to be just over £4m if Grella takes a hike.

As for the others - Roberts £1m max, Zurab 750k, Chimbonda £2m max!

strong reports in my neck of the woods that Samba is near to completing a deal with west ham. I would love to have him here but i'm sure you lot will not be happy with this if it comes off.

Did those 'strong reports' say you had a spare £15m + too?! :rolleyes:

strong reports in my neck of the woods that Samba is near to completing a deal with west ham. I would love to have him here but i'm sure you lot will not be happy with this if it comes off.

After years of frustration and disapointment most on here and Rovers fans in general, understand where we are in the food chain and know that if certain clubs come for our players then they are gone.

West Ham are not one of those clubs.

Currently we have the benni money only - forget the 10th place - that money has gone.

Maybe 1M for Zurab who never let us down by the way, 1.5M for Roberts who played pretty well towards the end of the season and yes, I agree re Chimbonda. But even this would take "the treasure chest"(!) over 8M. Enough to do something good surely?

Before people jump on his back, my friend text me with the same thing the other day, and it is apparently strongly rumoured amongst Hammers that they're going for Samba.

I told him that West Ham may be strongly interested, but there is absolutely zero chance that he would move to them when he has far bigger fish to fry. When you think about it, going for Samba makes sense, because it's exactly the kind of arrogant move the Dildo twins would make.

Hughesy, why has the Benni money "gone"?

Before people jump on his back, my friend text me with the same thing the other day, and it is apparently strongly rumoured amongst Hammers that they're going for Samba.

I told him that West Ham may be strongly interested, but there is absolutely zero chance that he would move to them when he has far bigger fish to fry. When you think about it, going for Samba makes sense, because it's exactly the kind of arrogant move the Dildo twins would make.

I doubt they would spend 15 million for him. I even doubt they would offer more than 6-8 and at that price Id be shocked if we listened. However, I wouldnt be shocked if Samba found them "ambitious". Hopefully being made club captain will "matter" to him.

Oh yeah, I totally agree. But Sullivan is so arrogant that I reckon he's thinking Samba couldn't possibly turn down the opportunity to join such a big club as West Ham, even though they only narrowly avoided relegation last season.

Are you saying we hadnt budgeted for MGP's contract? He has received a wage rise?

Even if he has, he was on 30k a week at least and now isnt on much more than 40k without the bonuses, so in reality we should be losing out on about 10k a week on his contract as he was on the payroll previously too.

Though I would love to know the actual figures - I respect the fact that it would be madness for the club to disclose if it had more money for transfer dealings than the usual tuppence.

However - there is something wrong when the manager says (in the run up to the end of the season) that every additional place meant more money for transfers - that we had the Benni money etc etc. I think JW and SA need to talk more. It doesn't bode well when JW says we budget for 13th - finish 3 places higher - but have no additional money - the accountants can't be doing a good job.

As well as the transfer fee - we also saved Benni's wages for 1/2 a season - and effectively continue to do while no purchase for a replacement goes through.

I hope that the club have more money than they are saying - and that this is all a gambit to get players for the best price. If not - I fear for the future of the club - as we won't be in a position to reject decent offers for any of our better players (no matter what JW says) - with the obvious result being eventual relegation.

How good is he? How does he play?

He's kinda like a bull - an allround striker. Physically strong and a good finisher - pretty decent goal scoring record as well, for a mediocre team in the norwegian Tippeliga (highest level). -At least for 19-year old..

Another Sunday morning and plenty ot tittle tattle and speculation about figures and potential ins and outs.

Samba is Rovers CAPTAIN.

Wham might fancy him but the reality is they are £100m in debt, are a poorly run club, have to sell their best players and have no ambition apart from survival for the next two seasons.

What do wham offer Samba ? The answer is nothing at all. The club isnt bigger or better than Rovers and stage wise they dont provide a better option than Rovers.

Finally, they couldnt even afford him.

If wham consider Upson to be worth £7m then Smaba is worth treble that amount. The only way I could conceive the thought of Samba at wham would be Rovers taking Noble and Cole in part ex. Noble £4m and Cole £7m would be a suitable option oh yes PLUS £4m in cash as well.

Archived