BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Summer Transfers (2010)

Guest Wen Y Hu
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Echoing Majiball's sentiments- great to have you back Wen Y Hu.

With regards to the Beattie link, as far as I know replacing Roberts has not dropped off Sam's agenda. If that were the outcome by the beginning of August, I would see it as a good move. Stoke are clearly wobbling on price and want rid so patience needed all round- the potters have blinked once so can be made to keep blinking.

Similarly with Lewandowski. Dortmund have had a long clear run and failed to clinch the deal so Rovers playing a long game on this could well work.

Unlike many on here, I am feeling pretty confident at this stage that the squad on 2 September will be stronger than the squad which has just finished tenth. Guti is the key- if he comes then a jigsaw will seadily fall into place as the summer wends its interminable way to transfer deadline day. And technically we are still a month away from the transfer window opening.

Just one comment on Dos Santos, I think he could be pretty good paired with Davies at Notlob if Coyle gets the rest of the team playing the way he had Burnley set up.

was it sam who made the big money signing of elmander

I think that was Megson or Sammy Lee i.e. post-Sam. He has signed some crap strikers, but many managers have over the span of their careers. Diego Forlan was awful for Man Utd, as was Gary Birtles and Berbatov. And the media's favourite cartoon dog Harry Redknapp has forked out for some right turnips.

For the record, I'd like Beattie, but only if he was to replace Roberts. And he doesn't have too many pie and pint parties with Dunn. Banjioni is, and always will be dire.

Did Sam not take Eudir Gudjohnsen To Bolton?

Colin Todd mate he signed Jaskalininen to.

Allardyce bought ricketts transformed him into a PL striker and got him capped by england and sold him for a fair whack to middlesborough. Borghetti just couldn't adapt to the EPL however he was aa born goalscorer just too slow for the league. Davies on a free and got him to be one hell of a target man. Vaz Te came through the youth system after being signed on a pre season to portugal one time.

But Roberts has pace, Beattie is slower than my nan on red bull.

Here here can anybody out there tell me if Beattie is any better than our current forwards.

Are you not supposed to buy players who the manager thinks will improve the current playing squad. Beattie is a donkey whose premier league record is crap.

If we can't afford to buy somebody then I Would take a punt with somebody like Boyd on a free, and not a donkey like Beattie.

Here here can anybody out there tell me if Beattie is any better than our current forwards.

Are you not supposed to buy players who the manager thinks will improve the current playing squad. Beattie is a donkey whose premier league record is crap.

If we can't afford to buy somebody then I Would take a punt with somebody like Boyd on a free, and not a donkey like Beattie.

Yes, who the manager thinks, not you. If we sign Beattie its becasue Sam wants him.

was it sam who made the big money signing of elmander

No twas Megson. £9m rising to something like £12m :lol:

All managers sign the odd bad player. I think Sam likes to get the defence side sorted 1st (which we probably have more or less) - so now for the midfield & strikers.

I also think Kalinic will come good!

I think people are getting a bit carried away here. In all likelihood, the links to Beattie, Benajani, et al. are just lazy journalism (not directed at you Nicko). So shouldn't we refrain from slating the manager until we sign one of these guys?

Also, bare in mind that we only have two strikers at the club at the moment; Kalinic, who clearly has talent but is still very young, and Roberts, who is the epitome of the old barn-door-banjo adage. So even if we do bring in one of these guys as cover, I don't think it's the end of the world provided they're not our marque striker signing of the summer.

Anyway, we're only a couple of weeks into the transfer window and we seem to have lost our marbles already. They don't call this silly season for nothing...

I'd be happy with Beattie, local lad who will fight for the team, he is Sams sort of player, big strong and can finish, he does lack pace but for around £1m he would be good.

The only fighting Beattie will do is outside the Kebab shops in Darwen Street.

I'd be happy with Beattie, local lad who will fight for the team, he is Sams sort of player, big strong and can finish, he does lack pace but for around £1m he would be good.

Its hard to cut through all the cr@p thats being written on here currently, but that just about sums things up for me.

Local lad, probably give that extra 15-20% for that reason, and worth a gamble.

Benjani , Beattie and Boyd - not a great bunch to choose from is it , but we dont have great amounts of cash , i would go for Boyd every time because he's younger hes more prolific ans he's probably the cheapest option too and i wont even mention " re-sale value " <_<

on a seperate note according to the Mirror , Wenger may release Armond Traore , good young player would like to see him and Olsson in tandem down the left at Rovers

Benjani , Beattie and Boyd - not a great bunch to choose from is it , but we dont have great amounts of cash , i would go for Boyd every time because he's younger hes more prolific ans he's probably the cheapest option too and i wont even mention " re-sale value " <_<

on a seperate note according to the Mirror , Wenger may release Armond Traore , good young player would like to see him and Olsson in tandem down the left at Rovers

Worth a pop if wages can be kept reasonable, he looked fairly good at times for Pompey when on loan.

It's not the likes of Forest we should be comparing against, look at Fulham, Newcastle, West Ham & Everton, They all have the bright lights of the big city with the nightlife and the classy restaurants. We've got the Postal order and Tasty Spot.

To be fair, I liked the Postal Order for the hour or so I was there a few months ago. I'd take it over the "nightlife" in the Big City anyday. Then again, I am a 44 year old father of 2 so I qualify as boring.

It may be. I personally wouldn't be opposed to Beattie for the reasons stated by others, but I think a transfer fee of a million is overstating his value. Stoke should be happy to let him go on a free, or a nominal transfer fee, and get him off their books. Then he'd be worth a gamble.

This is the reason why they have money to spend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Morgan_(businessman)

I'm impressed. Steve Morgan sounds like a class act. And the prior owner certainly had is heart with the team to sell for 10 pounds, plus 30 million in guaranteed team investment.

Unlike many on here, I am feeling pretty confident at this stage that the squad on 2 September will be stronger than the squad which has just finished tenth. Guti is the key- if he comes then a jigsaw will seadily fall into place as the summer wends its interminable way to transfer deadline day. And technically we are still a month away from the transfer window opening.

I'm with Philip on this one. The indications are that the squad will be stronger than next year, one way or the other. JW and Sam deserve boatloads of credit.

Yes, who the manager thinks, not you. If we sign Beattie its becasue Sam wants him.

And if Sam wants him I'll trust Sam's judgement, regardless of the transfer fee involved.

Archived