BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sahil Saeed,

Nice to see that little lad from Pldham Sahil Saeed turn up safe and well but am I the only one to sense something fishy about all this?

1. Why kidnap a little lad whose family live on a terraced street in Oldham? Surely there is much wealth both legit and otherwise amongst the Pakistani community in this country to pick out a much more lucrative target? Seriously wealthy pakistanis abound who make massive money / cash from the likes of restaurants, filling stations, shops, heroin, taxi's, computers, trafficking, import / export, medical and legal professionals etc etc. So why pick on this seemingly rather 'ordinary' family??

2. Sahils father went against Pakistani police advice by coming home for some used readies as it turns out that the grandfather in Oldham was in contact and being instructed of the terms and conditions of release by the kidnap gang! How did they get his phone number and why?

btw There used to be a limit to the amount of UK currency one could take out of the country. Has that been altered now?)

3. Readies in hand he then handed over the bundle in Paris and obviously under surveillance by the police of this country in cahoots with their oppo's in France and Spain.

4. The suspects in Paris turn out to be two Pakistani men and a Rumanian woman! Prob jumping to conclusions no doubt that she's one of the many eastern european beggars that surround La Gare du Nord etc but whatever just how does she fit in to all this?

I'm certain there is more to this than meets the eye. No doubt it will all come out in the wash.

Seriously wealthy pakistanis abound who make massive money / cash from the likes of restaurants, filling stations, shops, heroin, taxi's, computers, trafficking, import / export, medical and legal professionals etc etc. So why pick on this seemingly rather 'ordinary' family??

:lol:

Would you like to borrow my tin hat, Gordon? I give this thread 3 days, tops.

btw There used to be a limit to the amount of UK currency one could take out of the country. Has that been altered now?

I think I'm right in saying that you can only bring £10,000 in currency into the country, not sure about taking it out though.

It's very lucky that he was able to lay his hands on £110,000. I certainly don't have that amount lying around.

Ha wondered how long this thread takes.

I agree totally and iv always thought its very dodgy! For 1 his dad came back after just a few days, then he's spotted in Paris handing over 100k+.....they are all followed to Spain and then all arrested!

Something isnt right - and like Theno said - why target them? Sounds more like he owed money to someone for Drigs or something!

Apparently it is not unusual for emigrant families to be targeted by kidnappers on their return visits to Pakistan as they are deemed, by local standards, to be wealthy and the communities in which they reside over here are known to have communal funds available for investment that the kidnappers hope to see diverted as ransom payment. Whether you buy this assessment or not, please be careful not to be looking for "reds under the bed" - it is just possible that all is as presented.

Guest Kamy100

Great that the lad is freed, that is the most important thing.

Police have consistently said that the father is not a suspect. Like any father he has done everything to get his son freed.

Within the Asian community, especially with a high profile case like this it would be relatively easy to raise £100,000 from donations and people helping out, that is how the community works.

For people to suggests otherwise about this case without proof is ridiculous, when tragically Maddie McCann was kidnapped there was rightly sympathy and support for her family, but this lad is kidnapped albeit in different circumstances and allsorts of rubbish of rubbish is spewed without any proof.

This board used to be a fair place with reasoned debate, but nowadays threads are created/hijacked by people who have their own agendas.

It is all a bit weird though. If you could lay your hands on £100K like that, why would you be living in a tiny terrace in Oldham ?

Al least the little lad's OK.

Plenty of rich people are rich because they live austere lifestyles, so not weird at all.

Great that the lad is freed, that is the most important thing.

Police have consistently said that the father is not a suspect. Like any father he has done everything to get his son freed.

Within the Asian community, especially with a high profile case like this it would be relatively easy to raise £100,000 from donations and people helping out, that is how the community works.

For people to suggests otherwise about this case without proof is ridiculous, when tragically Maddie McCann was kidnapped there was rightly sympathy and support for her family, but this lad is kidnapped albeit in different circumstances and allsorts of rubbish of rubbish is spewed without any proof.

This board used to be a fair place with reasoned debate, but nowadays threads are created/hijacked by people who have their own agendas.

Don't be so touchy Kamy, the family could be any nationality but the whole business still wouldn't quite sit well would it? It's not spewing rubbish it's simply asking questions.

You make the kidnapping and raising of the ransom sound oh so normal with nothing out of the ordinary and nothing unusual but to the best of my knowledge this is a first. Just a good job the police managed to thwart the kidnappers and catch em red handed or it definitely wouldn't be the last. And rather than sweep it under the carpet clearing the issue satisfactorily so that there are no repeats should be of significant concern to you.

At this stage it appears that it's the european police that are to be thanked most.

As for your last sentence criticising the messageboard "This board used to be a fair place with reasoned debate, but nowadays threads are created/hijacked by people who have their own agendas." It appears even the readers of the Thunderer are of similar disunited in opinion. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article7066577.ece

Whilst the Telegraph mentions connections to his fathers debts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/7472560/Sahil-Saeed-due-to-fly-back-to-UK.html

This is an unusual crime that has made the headlines and until the full facts are revealed there are bound to be questions asked and eyebrows raised.

Everyone i`ve spoken to (about the subject) reckons there`s something dodgy about the whole saga :unsure:

....it will all come out in time.

Personally, i smell a scam & i wouldn`t be suprised if family were involved.

It seems I don't mix in such cynical company!

I recall similar suspicions surrounding the McCann family albeit in more difficult circumstances in that there was no ransom demand involved - I wonder how the immediate Saeed and McCann families feel about these unfounded suspicions, how it reflects on them and how we would feel in their position? I, for one, would be mightily p**ed off and more than a little angry at being judged by people who don't even know me.

Libellous defamation of individuals based on fragmented newspaper and television reports is not the same thing as a trial for a criminal offense in which complete evidence is presented before a jury.

Cynicism in folk today is reaching outrageous, Nancy Grace-like proportions.

Really Drummerboy? Well just make sure that you never get tried in a crown court. ;):rolleyes:

Wouldn't get tried in a crown court on the basis of "something fishy going on" and an uninformed hunch possibly borne from the prejudices of those with suspicions. There would be evidence in which case the situation is completely different.

Archived