BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Man Utd

Reading this thread and the wide range of view and how people defend them it's no wonder I don't come on here much anymore. We all know the only one right is me. Really though I see far too much criticism, it's as if people watch too much of the top teams and expectations are way too high for us. I think it's best I just continue to watch when I can and leave this wide range of views alone

Oh I would have thought by now you would have realised that you cant criticise the way the team plays. Have you not noticed the decline in well thought out, constructive posts from some of our long standing members.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother hasn't properly watched a game of football in years. On Sunday he watched the game all the way through for the first time in years and was overjoyed to see the mancs suffer this loss of points (he hates the mancs). He said we played brilliantly and our defence was superb and the team should be proud of their performance. To each his own.

But if you can't find pride in making top teams drop points to us and be in the decent position we're in on a tight budget through sheer team spirit and gritty work then I simply feel sorry for you. I think it's embarassing for a Rovers fan to feel ashamed in front of others for taking points off the champions.

Interesting reaction from your brother. Clearly all those years he's spent in the footballing wilderness have affected his ability to recognise a decent game. If he classes our performance as "brilliant" I would suggest he's got serious problems and should probably spend a little of his time watching someone like Barcelona to get back in touch with reality.

I'm proud we took points off United, but not happy with the way we went about it.

Interesting reaction from your brother. Clearly all those years he's spent in the footballing wilderness have affected his ability to recognise a decent game. If he classes our performance as "brilliant" I would suggest he's got serious problems and should probably spend a little of his time watching someone like Barcelona to get back in touch with reality.

I'm proud we took points off United, but not happy with the way we went about it.

I think he's much closer to reallity than you are. People keep naming Barcelona as an example. Thats fine in a fantasy world, but they are a big time, wealthy club and out of all the big european clubs they stand alone at the summit. Maybe you would find a better comparison if you applied criticism to the Italian, German and English big City giants as well as Real Madrid who are all miles behind Barca with similar or better resources. A small town unfashionable English club surviving on a fraction of their budget is hardly a fair comparison is it now?

btw I suggest anybody with an avatar like yours is either seriously deluded or living in the past.

Why?

A small town unfashionable English club surviving on a fraction of their budget is hardly a fair comparison is it now?

Who would be a fair comparison? Bolton??

After the hammerings we took earlier in the season it was on the only way we could go about it.

We had to stop shipping massive amounts of goals against the big teams. Sam has worked a minor miracle in that department, we looked capable of conceding double figures earlier in the season. Now that we've got a strong defensive platform we can progress the attacking side of the game.

In a way it's similar to what Hughes did when he came here, he made sure we had a solid defensive foundation by any means necessary then expanded from there. Sam is obviously going to concentrate efforts and funds into getting creativity in the summer, but for now he's making the best of a less than desirable situation.

:rover: took me a day to recover from sunday,i was calling the manager no end when dunny was sub,my conspirace theroy was working,until i saw the utd team.what was fergie playing at,his 2nd best player on the bench,whilst his best was injured.the game started and i expected utd to score any time,it only looked like happening once and robbo was the match of valencia,only the ref could ruin it for us,and he played a blinder.once samba went off we offered little in attack,but the defence was superb.jones looks very good,and i rate hanson as his equal if not better :wacko::brfc:

:rover: took me a day to recover from sunday,i was calling the manager no end when dunny was sub,my conspirace theroy was working,until i saw the utd team.what was fergie playing at,his 2nd best player on the bench,whilst his best was injured.the game started and i expected utd to score any time,it only looked like happening once and robbo was the match of valencia,only the ref could ruin it for us,and he played a blinder.once samba went off we offered little in attack,but the defence was superb.jones looks very good,and i rate hanson as his equal if not better :wacko::brfc:

Can I ask a couple of questions (and I'm not being funny at all btw)?

Do you think Sam deserve credit for the weekend?

Also why have you got the :wacko: smiley at the end of your post?

I'll look forward to wagsters response Crazy. I think the :wacko: is because wag's not taken his medication yet.

You'll probably find that wagster will never give Sam any credit as he has a personal vendetta against him that he uses as an excuse not to go to Ewood. With season ticket prices so low it's mind boggling how somebody who has followed Rovers for such a long time can turn their back on the club for such a petty dislike for our manager.

It's great to see that many are coming to terms with Sam being the best man for us and hopefully us fans will show him more support in the not too distant future.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but I think at the end of the day we were all celebrating as if it was a win on Sunday. It wasn't ideal but it was a great point to pick up bearing in mind the rebuilding of the club has only been going on for a season and a half. It's going to be a long hard slog but we are going in the right direction under a manager who won't bankrupt our club.

I thought it was a nice touch that even though most of the united players got stick we gave giggs a good ovation when leaving the pitch. Some just Deserve it and he's one of their only bearable, unscowling players unlike rio who I'm covinced tried to belt the ball at olsson on the deck after he was fouled (he missed and hit Sam)

No idea why he got an ovation. He's never played for us. He hasn't won a World Cup for this country (the only other reason I'd applaud a player not in blue and white), so why did the majority clap?

No idea why he got an ovation. He's never played for us. He hasn't won a World Cup for this country (the only other reason I'd applaud a player not in blue and white), so why did the majority clap?

I clapped because he is a genuinely brilliant football player who has never spouted off in the press or made himself into a celebrity. It was also quite possibly the last time we will see him play at Ewood and, no matter who you support, he has been entertaining to watch. There's a lot of genuine respect out there for Giggs from fans of all teams. I don't see why we shouldn't applaud someone with his talent and application plus the loyalty he has shown over the years. He's a respectable figure worthy of admiration.

I clapped because he is a genuinely brilliant football player who has never spouted off in the press or made himself into a celebrity. It was also quite possibly the last time we will see him play at Ewood and, no matter who you support, he has been entertaining to watch. There's a lot of genuine respect out there for Giggs from fans of all teams. I don't see why we shouldn't applaud someone with his talent and application plus the loyalty he has shown over the years. He's a respectable figure worthy of admiration.

I know what you mean.

He is also one of the very few players that when he takes a corner at the BBE he does not get one "boo" or abuse aimed at him.

I didn't applaud him because after working on his new build house in Worsley about 5yrs ago I learned he is a first class prick and has no respect for anybody. We were also working on properties owned by Gary Neville at the time and I've got to say he was very down to earth and a genuinely decent person, but I still laughed when Givet did him!

After the hammerings we took earlier in the season it was on the only way we could go about it.

We had to stop shipping massive amounts of goals against the big teams. Sam has worked a minor miracle in that department, we looked capable of conceding double figures earlier in the season. Now that we've got a strong defensive platform we can progress the attacking side of the game.

In a way it's similar to what Hughes did when he came here, he made sure we had a solid defensive foundation by any means necessary then expanded from there. Sam is obviously going to concentrate efforts and funds into getting creativity in the summer, but for now he's making the best of a less than desirable situation.

Minor miracle is seriously over-egging it, but the whole coaching team has done well with the defence. BTW didn't Hughes achieved a similar impact in far less time during his tenure?

However, midfield and up front we are still awful .... totally devoid of creativity, and while BFS says we need a goalscorer, before that we need someone who can create decent chances for a striker to actually put away!

I'm not a fan of Allardyce (as I'm sure you've realised ;) ), and I still have reservations about the direction football-wise that he's taking us, but I have to concede that results alone dictate that he at least deserves a chance to see what he can do into next season.

I am expecting a change of outlook next season (i.e. far less negative against lower opposition, particularly at home), and I would also expect us to at least try to play a bit more football.

It's been a weird season in that when you look at the table and our results in black and white, it looks reasonable. When you've had to sit through some of those home games though, it's been painful!

:rover: i'm not going to say lard@rse does not deserve any credit,i thought fergie picked the wrong team,as for the smileys its my trademark :blush::brfc:

:rover: i'm not going to say lard@rse does not deserve any credit,i thought fergie picked the wrong team,as for the smileys its my trademark :blush::brfc:

Translated (removing double negatives...) 'i'm going to say lard@rse does deserve credit' :D

You do know Hughesy that it is perfectly normal to watch a game and analyse the performance of an individual irrespective of the result? For example if you asked pretty much any fan who watched the game they will tell you that Pedersen had a terrible game. By your logic we shouldn't point this out or talk about it because ultimately we achieved a good result?

My god it would be boring every week if all we did was praise or slate a result every week and did not delve deeper into specific individual performances.

The best post on this thread so far. We ALL enjoyed the result. We ALL have our opinions on how the game was played.

Has anyone been on a Manure MB to see how they are taking it. Cant imagine they'll be happy.

HANDBALL !!

HANDBALL !!

Handball!!!

I too can't stand Allerdyce or his tactics but you've got to give him credit, he's turned things around.

We're very difficult to beat at home and we have played patches of good football amongst the negative dross.

To repeat the comments above, I'm hoping that we might play a better brand of football alongside achieving good results. I'm perfectly happy with the team mixing up styles of play (as did Hughes and King Kenny)but I couldn't put up with awful football combined with terrible results.

Can anyone add the clip of Givet clattering on Neville onto one of those little moving image things please??

Reminds me of that hilarious clip which formed part of the opening credits for MoTD about 6 years ago where Flitcroft did a real Flitty special on Philip Neville and Neville screamed out of a mixture of fear, shock and suprise. Made the opening credits unmissable for me and my lad all that season. :lol:

I think he's much closer to reallity than you are. People keep naming Barcelona as an example. Thats fine in a fantasy world, but they are a big time, wealthy club and out of all the big european clubs they stand alone at the summit. Maybe you would find a better comparison if you applied criticism to the Italian, German and English big City giants as well as Real Madrid who are all miles behind Barca with similar or better resources. A small town unfashionable English club surviving on a fraction of their budget is hardly a fair comparison is it now?

btw I suggest anybody with an avatar like yours is either seriously deluded or living in the past.

Spot on.

Let's see how the Trotters get on tonight, and in light of it please all you moaners re-evaluate Sunday's magnificent effort by our lads.

Unlucky Morton, We're usually either bottom or second bottom of the passing sats every week. Every week it's either us or Stoke,

I have cut off the rest of your post as it is not relevant.Us and Stoke, eh? The two top teams in England performing sterlingly according to money spent I am sure you will agree.

Think of the money spent on under Sam. Think of the postion achieved. Think of the unfairness of your criticisms. Think of the context.

"I have dented Manchester United's title chances, of course I have" - Sam Allardyce.

In contrast, think of how annoyingly smug our manager can be.

Bloosy hell, Sam...

Archived