BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Man Utd

Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United

10-04-2010

For the first time since the Hughes' days rovers fans go into this fixture with that little bit of confidence. Rather than dread the moment that united put their 4th past us and their fanbase (in Lancashire) of 24 million come out and declare 'we iz well mint and you lost iz ######', most of us see a point as minimum from this game. United looked rudderless and a one man team against Chelsea, the only way United looked like scoring is if someone threw the ball into....oh wait... :S

With the Darwen end Massive moved and dispersed around the ground the Blackburn End needs to step upto the plate and provide the kind of atmosphere a Sunday 1:30 game is famous for.

Wayne-Rooney-celebrates-s-002.jpg

WAYNE ROONEY

Like every team that faces United at the moment, we pray that the man above is injured. 88 league goals this season put him even above Kalinic in the goal scoring charts, even when hughesy adds all of Kalinic's disallowed goals and woodwork hits as actual goals, he is still struggling to catch up to Rooney. If Rooney doesn't play it’s likely that United will go one up top with Dimitar Berbatov leading the line in his unique, languid style that evokes memories of bygone days, when strikers weren’t the all action machines they are now and played at a more serene pace

Nottingham+Forest+v+Blackburn+Rovers+Crling+L80ik80XQo1l.jpg

PHIL JONES

Exactly the kind of local hero who gets the masses salivating. Hard tackling, hard heading and no fancy passes make this man most Rovers' fans wet dream come true. Since his first league game against Chelsea the man has received plaudits that most Rovers players can only dream of, a place in Garth Crooks team of the week squad TWICE and praise from Mr Pundit himself, pundit Alan ‘Pundit’ Hansen (could have been Lawro though, not sure...)

THE MATCH

Blackburn to win 2-1, Roberts to miss 4 sitters to seal it at the death, Andrews to miss a penalty and Phil Jones to score a rocket of a header

Kalinic will also score and hit the post twice, putting him on 14 goals since Christmas

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good preview.

Interesting stat I heard during the Chelsea game was something like United have lost six games this season and four of them were the first league game after a midweek champions league tie. Let’s hope this happens again at the weekend.

United without Rooney should still have enough quality to see us off, but I think there is a good chance of a draw and that is what I am predicting. 1-1 draw, United taking the lead but we equalise late in the second half.

All the United fans I've spoke to are genuinely scared of their fate at Ewood, and rightly so, I fancy us to nick a 1-0 win.

Pretty much what i've been hearing as well and my father thinks we might sneak a win or a draw. Good to see him not as confident as usual and as a result giving me less stick about our upcoming match.

Sunday lunchtime fare, United, glorious after what should be easy fare versus the Germans from Munchen, will come to Ewood, more heavily supported than burnley (10000 locked out of the ground, 20000 stuck in the m25 whilst the m1,m2,m3 and m4 and m6 are clogged to the rafters, not to mention the airlines over booked and chaos from Dublin to Norway looking to take the plaudits of an easy win over Rovers.

United are in for a shock. without Shrek I agree, they are a different kettle of fish. They still have a threat in Nani, the wannabee clownaldo whilst in the dog eater (Park) he does create issues in the middle of the park and confuses defenders with his eye movement.

The united hordes, will be expecting to sing their way to victory whilst taking the pi$$ out of Ewood supporters and our famous blue and white shirts.

Fergie may well be downed by one of his closest allies in the league. Rovers will be up for an upset.

Can Rovers make it a hat-trick of the big 3 not taking anything other than the point they arrived with ?

I am going to stick my neck out and take Rovers to give united a hell of a fright. They will either come and destroy us in the first 15 minutes, especially if they lose on Wednesday OR Rovers will brow beat them into submission and take the game the whole way.

1-1 for me.

All the indicators are that Rooney will be back for the game in Munich. Here's hoping its 2-1 to Bayern at the end of normal time in the Allianz Arena...

I share the feeling of optimism that at the very least we will scare the red hoardes witless. Unfortunately, the officials will win this one for RFW, as they always do. Definitely a red card for a Rover as well.

Great preview to set the juices going!

All the indicators are that Rooney will be back for the game in Munich. Here's hoping its 2-1 to Bayern at the end of normal time in the Allianz Arena...

I share the feeling of optimism that at the very least we will scare the red hoardes witless. Unfortunately, the officials will win this one for RFW, as they always do. Definitely a red card for a Rover as well.

Great preview to set the juices going!

It was :blink:

But here's hoping it's 2-1 United at Old Trafford :tu:

man u to win 3-1 because everyone seems over-confident and they only got beat 2-1 by chelsea.

i think everyone is forgetting they are man for man better than us and have only had one dodgy game. united are good towards the end of the season, they aren't just gonna give up because rooney isn't playing, no matter what the media says. chelsea was a blip.

Guest roverspogges

Kevin Keegan moment coming up: I would love it if we beat united because my mate who supports them is a bit of a c#nt but my head says a draw at best, probably a defeat. My head says 2-0 united my heart says 1-1 and my alcohol fuelled brain says 2-1 rovers thus all but ending uniteds chances of winning the league.

Why?

We have nothing to play for apart from trying to finish as high as possible.

We are safe from relegation so the players will relax. We should of demolished Pompey on saturday but didn't because the players didn't seem that bothered.

I was joking. your post just seemed to be something that you should template for every game and therefore goes without saying.

Sam hinted after the Chelsea game that we would have another say in who wins the league, let's hope he and the player's do us proud.

Sam keep Jones alongside Samba. Please.

Calling the result, you would normally go away win, after the Pompey game I'm a bit unsure if we can score ;) so I'll say 1-1. :D

Good preview.

United without Rooney should still have enough quality to see us off, but I think there is a good chance of a draw and that is what I am predicting. 1-1 draw,

Fully agree. Feel upish for this one. I am so glad that we are not in a position to need points to make our premiership status secure. Full Marks to Sam for getting us here. We can no have a real go at United. If we get something off them and give them a fright - magnificent. If we get turned over it isn't that bad

Had loads of United Fans asking me to get them tickets (not doing), so dont be suprised to see lots of touts knocking around.

As for the game - at home we have been superb, however I have a horrible feeling they will do us early on...2-0 half time, 3-1 final score. Hope im wrong.....and as my predictions usually are wrong - im sticking to it! :lol:

Carlsberg don't do predictions.....but if they did!

Rovers Win 3 - nil, Rio Sent off in disgrace, RFW dismissed to the stands and the green and yellow army are sent back to London in their 4X4 knowing manUre have blown it.

Real world

We're gonna get Japped!

Archived