BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Man Utd

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fergie said on SSN that Rooney may not be fit for Sunday but will definately be okay for next week. I somehow don't believe him :rolleyes:

If he plays - we just go in strong on him - it will soon have him doubting his foot & maybe get taken off!

Will be interesting to see how flat United are on sunday, thankfully the red scum wont be as ###### up due to the earlier kick off so it should be good.

Feeling confident that even if Rovers go a goal or even two down, we can bounce back in this one now that the players know the pattern of play and are comfortable with it.

Only concern for Rovers is Robinson in the goals thank god he isnt going to South Africa. There should be some good banter from the Blackbun end directed to Fergie and his hordes so looking forward to the game now.

This would be my dream team. In that formation, I think the Rovers would be a handful for any PL team.

Your mid-field, while possibly OK coming forward is very weak defensively and I think Sam would think that too. Emerton I'd particularly single out. He simply hasn't been the same since his injury. This is a real worry because he's had a whole season to recover and he was always so reliable.

Shrek is a brill footballer and has great skill and attitude however a few brains added to the mix wouldn't go amiss. He insisted on playing when not quite right and then refused to go to the treatment room when he got injured again. Dumb.

I hope he insists on starting against us and then breaks down and comes off, that way they have one less sub to use.

Barby Top is due a good game so we could be screwed either way. If Jonesy manages to keep those two out of the game he'll be gone by the close season having already coshed the Chelsea attack :D

If we're on top top form then I can see a no score draw.

Us fans will have to be in loud voice to drown out the drunk plastics.

Prediction : the Darwen End guys win the battle of the voices and the team draws 0 - 0, which will be nice :rover:

On the flip side isn't it nice to have a footballer around who wants to earn his pennies properly and is passionate about what he does. I never liked Rooney before but now he's matured a bit he's a very good role model in the England camp. I don't think that should be understated. As far as brains go, he's about the best footballing brain around these days.

Exactly.

On the flip side isn't it nice to have a footballer around who wants to earn his pennies properly and is passionate about what he does. I never liked Rooney before but now he's matured a bit he's a very good role model in the England camp. I don't think that should be understated. As far as brains go, he's about the best footballing brain around these days.

Spot on.... A real team player, a real leader & a lad who just wants to play football to help his team! Perfect role model! Shame the England team doesnt have more.

• Backroom

I couldn't care less about his footballing brain, get Jonesy or Samba to take out his footballing ankle and it's game on.

The player I fear most is Valencia, we struggle at times with pace and he could kill us.

I think we'll put up a good fight but go down 2-1

At least Nani doesn't play like a traditional winger, he'll look to cut inside and won't hug the touchline like Bale did.

Valencia against Givet is definitely a worry though. Hopefully Ferguson will rest him and play Park instead.

Given our home record though, I think he'll see this as one of their hardest games in their run-in and play his strongest team, with the exception of Rooney.

Agree about the footballing brain bit El Tombro. But the daft part is that this is no good if he cannot get on the park through injury, discretion being the better part of valour and all that. IMO he should have gone straight to the meds for treatment to give himself the best chance of recovery for our game.

Also agree he's a role model now that he's grown up and I'll be cheering him all the way in the world cup - but on Sunday I'll be slagging him off everytime he gets the ball, such is my sad state of mind :rover:

Salgado could be a worry against an in form Nani, against genuine pace (as shown against Bale) his legs cannot handle it. If Fergie has done his homework he will target Salgado.

Both Givet and Salgado have their strengths but I can see Nani and Valencia ripping them to shreds on the wings though...

Both Givet and Salgado have their strengths but I can see Nani and Valencia ripping them to shreds on the wings though...

Yeah. Especially if they play like they did in the 1st half vs Bayern. Our only hope I think is to cut off their supply and boss the midfield, like what happened in the 2nd. Only problem is we don't exactly have Van Bommel and Robben...

At least Nani doesn't play like a traditional winger, he'll look to cut inside and won't hug the touchline like Bale did.

Valencia against Givet is definitely a worry though. Hopefully Ferguson will rest him and play Park instead.

Given our home record though, I think he'll see this as one of their hardest games in their run-in and play his strongest team, with the exception of Rooney.

But Bale is a left back? Nani will tuck in at times but instead of Bale we will have the even quicker Evra charging up the flank.

I truly hope they do play their strongest team, defeat at Chelsea, Out of Europe and then a battle at Ewood. They'll be very tired, drained and we wouldn't get a better chance to put one over them.

Since our premier league status is secured I would probably experiment and try out something new for this game. Just to try and nullify United and match our weaknesses with their strenghts.

I would go 4-2-3-1

Robinson

Salgado - Samba - Jones - Givet

Nzonzi - Grella

Diouf/Pedersen - Dunn - Olsson

Kalinic

Will give our back four and most importantly Givet and Salgado some needed support from Nzonzi and Grella and we will be decent at going forward with dunn, olsson and kalinic. Hoilett could maybe get a nod in front of diouf and pedersen to exploit the room both Evra and Da Silva creates when they bust forward.

Archived