BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Man Utd

I'm pretty torn on this game. I wouldn't be surprised if we rolled over for Sam's media buddy RFW. On the other hand, our home form should not be quibbled at and there could be a shock on the cards.

Let's go for:

Robinson

Salgado - Samba - Jones - Givet

Hoilett - Nzonzi - Emerton - Olsson

Dunn

Kalinic

Would love to see that team out, but I doubt Sam will go for it. If we do go behind early doors, then it is important that we keep the deficit to 1 goal, like we did against Chelsea. With United playing today, they may well tire towards the end and statistically they have been very poor in the PL after European games.

Big chance for Rovers to get something out of this game, and after our recent performance against Chelsea, I'm quite confident.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll agree with my fellow roverites here , utd arnt the same team without rooney , however , after tonights game i am sure fergie will be playing his mind games ,and putting pressure on the referee after being on the "wrong" end of a decision against chelsea and i would bet a lot of money utd benefit from a dodgy decision come sunday

Hopefully United are spent after tonight, and yeah Ferguson should not risk Rooney. We must, however, play a striker that can score, aka Kalinic. And we can win.

I'm pretty torn on this game. I wouldn't be surprised if we rolled over for Sam's media buddy RFW. On the other hand, our home form should not be quibbled at and there could be a shock on the cards.

Let's go for:

Robinson

Salgado - Samba - Jones - Givet

Hoilett - Nzonzi - Emerton - Olsson

Dunn

Kalinic

yep. That's easily our best team IMO. Hoilett and Olsson might not "be scoring enough" according to some people, but their job is to use their pace and dribbling abilities to create chances for Kalinic and Dunn - who can certainly bag a few. Diouf, Pedersen and Roberts are simply the inferior options.

I reckon it'll be Diouf, Roberts and Pedersen for Hoilett, Kalinic and Emerton. Not saying that's what I'd do, but that's what I think will happen.

Regarding the Rooney discussion above...he's been named in the starting line up tonight. I think that guarantees he won't be playing against us.

Sky news reporting rooney will start in the CL tonight.

To quote Ray Houghton who was commenting on our pompey game (which i went to), "when you keep telling your players/staff to get to 40 points there could well be a feeling that there season is done and they can switch off", certainly looked that way at pompey for some as well sadly so struggling to summon anything more than a draw.

From RFWs press conference ahead of tonights match.

"The United manager added: "We have made some good progress with the lad and the medical team have done fantastic, but I am not prepared to take a risk on a player who is not 100% fit.

They are looking more at the Manchester City game, maybe Blackburn as a substitute. That is possible. "

He lied! He lied ! I don't believe it.

Delighted United got knocked out. The look on all those plastic fans at Old Trafford tonight was joyous to behold.

Time for us to finish their season off for good then. I know it was a long, long time ago, but our 0-0 draw vs them was the game that relegated us to Division 1.

I remember it well - Fergie played dumb and said he didnt realise that was us down at the end of the game... :angry2:

Archived