BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Man Utd

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United have been pretty average to be honest however we've let them have all the possession. Our ball retention is simply appalling. We've managed to disrupt United quite well but we seem determined to surrender the ball every time. Such a lazy attitude to possession will punish us before the end of the game.

I am very pleased with the Rovers. Strong on defense and they're trying to create chances for Kalinic (who can score if they get the ball to him), without much luck so far. I'm feeling confident with this one, Rovers 2-0 United. Kalinic and Olsen.

United have been pretty average to be honest however we've let them have all the possession. Our ball retention is simply appalling. We've managed to disrupt United quite well but we seem determined to surrender the ball every time. Such a lazy attitude to possession will punish us before the end of the game.

We just get the ball and hoof it back up to Vidic, Ferdinand or Van Der Sar. Then the pressure starts all over again.

I am very pleased with the Rovers. Strong on defense and they're trying to create chances for Kalinic (who can score if they get the ball to him), without much luck so far.

Luck has little to do with it, it's the quality that's missing. We're both wasteful and clueless with the ball, and Kalinic often has no one around him for thirty yards.

Andrews Or Grella? Close call IMO, both as bad as each other. Infact Andrews probably gets around the pitch better

Theres only Nzonzi on our side that plays the simple pass

Nzonzi has killed several promising moves with his slowness of thought and action. He has to take the responsibility of moving the ball forward more often and more rapidly.

Luck has little to do with it, it's the quality that's missing. We're both wasteful and clueless with the ball, and Kalinic often has no one around him for thirty yards.

Not Kalinic's fault but if we are going to continue to play in that style by leaving one forward up on his own we may as well get Roberts on now as at least he'll do a better hold up job.

Kalinic needs people to commit themselves forward a little more and get up to support him a lot quicker otherwise it'll continue coming back at us for the second half as well.

Need to do one of the two in my opinion or eventually they'll break us down.

Archived