BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Man Utd

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take 0 - 0 against Man U any day...

Well fought draw for the Rovers, Man U don't like nowhere near threatening enough without the presence of Rooney on the pitch.

I thought if we had managed to keep possession a bit more and made the passes count we could have just edged a win in the second half.

Excellent ground out result though for the Blues!!1!!!

A point against the top four is always a valuable one, but under the circumstances this was even sweeter. It would have been interesting to see us have a go, since this was a poor United side, but you can't fault our commitment across the pitch.

First class work by the Rovers. Great to see us frustrate the Mancs like that.

The defense was superb, Robbo did what he needed to do when called upon and the midfield improved appreciably when Dunn came on. Olsson looked a huge threat running at the Mancs. That was no 90 minutes of holding out at the Alamo- the match stats showed Rovers at over 50% possession after 85 minutes.

After having had massive doubts about Sam, I really feel the club is heading in the right direction now. Jones and Olsson have been revelations in this last third of the season whilst we have known all season that Nzonzi is a bit of a find as well.

Fantastic. Thought Givet and Jones in particular showed alot of composure when Samba went off. Jones' past month has been unbelievable. Rate him very highly. Though Kalinic tried hard in difficult circumstances.

Judging from the TV, there seemed to be a real buzz around Ewood today.

Good to get 90 minutes into Grella too.

Fantastic. Thought Givet and Jones in particular showed alot of composure when Samba went off. Jones' past month has been unbelievable. Rate him very highly. Though Kalinic tried hard in difficult circumstances.

Judging from the TV, there seemed to be a real buzz around Ewood today.

Good to get 90 minutes into Grella too.

Did I hear that was his 1st start in 2010? Shame that will be it for him now probably until after the World Cup ;)

The defense was superb, Robbo did what he needed to do when called upon and the midfield improved appreciably when Dunn came on. Olsson looked a huge threat running at the Mancs. That was no 90 minutes of holding out at the Alamo- the match stats showed Rovers at over 50% possession after 85 minutes.

After having had massive doubts about Sam, I really feel the club is heading in the right direction now. Jones and Olsson have been revelations in this last third of the season whilst we have known all season that Nzonzi is a bit of a find as well.

Hmmm...the TV had us down at 38% in the first half and the bbc say 44% for the whole game. Seems about right to me.

Smoss - you're an idiot.

Quite possibly.

Luck has little to do with it, it's the quality that's missing. We're both wasteful and clueless with the ball, and Kalinic often has no one around him for thirty yards.

I don't think we're clueless. But you are right that Kalinic has no one around him (other than when Diouf came on).

. . .

Absolutely. I am confident that Sam will be fielding an even stronger squad next season. Onwards and upwards. :rover:

This feels like a win wooooooooh!!!!!

It does feel good. Welcome to the idiocracy.

Telegraph stats:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/7578367/Blackburn-Rovers-0-Manchester-United-0-match-report.html

Possession 33%

Territorial advantage (whatever that means!) 52%

Shots on 1:4

Shots off 2:7

Tackles 20:10 .............gotta love that one!

but here is the scary bit:

successful passing 56:80

Bottle 80:20

OK I made that one up!

Archived