BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadwood

In terms of pound for pound contribution the first person we need to shift is Rigters. Isn't he on 10-15K or something ridiculous for someone buried so deep in the reserves team? A man who, I believe, couldn't even impress Southend on a trial?

He'd be ahead of the 7 Hughesy mentioned for me, but I like his list apart from that.

Forgot about him - thats how poor a piece of business he turned out to be.

With Sheff Utd possibly losing Kenny to QPR - perhaps they could make a move for Bunn to give us some extra readies to spend!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can have Brown.

Since he's been mentioned by a few on this thread as deadwood I'd like to see what people think about shifting out young Judge, should we sign Guti. Judge has done very well at Plymouth, first season he almost single handedly kept them up. Last year was perhaps the year for me that he should have gotten some time with us but alas he did not. Even so he did well at Plymouth in a team that just wasn't championship standard. So as opposed to just dumping him off perhaps he'd progress with a year or so alongside a very good midfielder ala Guti. He can play three roles right wing, Central midfield and in the hole (at a push).

He's hardly going to be a serious drain on our resources finacially qualifies as club grown and since he's hardly had the best of players to learn from in his time, might be worth hanging onto should Guti arrive.

What does everyone else think?

Does Rigters really qualify as Home grown? I thought he was about 23 when we signed him, so don't see how he does. But he's definitly deadwood.

Kish hopefully something can be sorted out as it would seem only Reading are interested, personnally as long as we get some sort of future fee I'd be willing to let him go cheap as his wages can't exactly be low.

Brown as mentioned is the other I'd look to shift again not really bothered about how much just we don't need him and wages saved will help. The last one for me is Chimbonda, I think he's a complete liability as he cannot do his main defensive job, stop crosses coming in. Must be on decent wages, again I'd be prepared to take a hit and anything around 1 million and he'd be off. However Jacobsen, could have a good world cup and then you never know, but we don't need all three of them and hopefully any money raised from either can be used to sign a left back, as we are very light in that area.

They can have Brown.

Since he's been mentioned by a few on this thread as deadwood I'd like to see what people think about shifting out young Judge, should we sign Guti. Judge has done very well at Plymouth, first season he almost single handedly kept them up. Last year was perhaps the year for me that he should have gotten some time with us but alas he did not. Even so he did well at Plymouth in a team that just wasn't championship standard. So as opposed to just dumping him off perhaps he'd progress with a year or so alongside a very good midfielder ala Guti. He can play three roles right wing, Central midfield and in the hole (at a push).

He's hardly going to be a serious drain on our resources finacially qualifies as club grown and since he's hardly had the best of players to learn from in his time, might be worth hanging onto should Guti arrive.

What does everyone else think?

Does Rigters really qualify as Home grown? I thought he was about 23 when we signed him, so don't see how he does. But he's definitly deadwood.

Kish hopefully something can be sorted out as it would seem only Reading are interested, personnally as long as we get some sort of future fee I'd be willing to let him go cheap as his wages can't exactly be low.

Brown as mentioned is the other I'd look to shift again not really bothered about how much just we don't need him and wages saved will help. The last one for me is Chimbonda, I think he's a complete liability as he cannot do his main defensive job, stop crosses coming in. Must be on decent wages, again I'd be prepared to take a hit and anything around 1 million and he'd be off. However Jacobsen, could have a good world cup and then you never know, but we don't need all three of them and hopefully any money raised from either can be used to sign a left back, as we are very light in that area.

The thing about Judge is, I don't mind keeping him around, but to me he's a similar player to Doran, who's probably ahead of him in the pecking order and who may come back to the club now that Reid and Basturk (probably) have gone. Can't see them both playing for the first team this year although I have no problem keeping Judge.

Even if Rigters qualifies as home grown he still has to leave. He's robbing us of somewhere between 400K and 750K a year. That's criminal.

No. The hardest to shift would be Julie. Given a pay rise to Premiership wages (presumably) but nowhere even close to Premiership standard. Who would take him on? Nobody in the Premiership and too expensive for div. 1 or 2.

We are stuck with him to the end of his contract. Luckiest man in football.

Well; to be fair, Fulham wanted him. So that leaves your argument void.

Chimbondas agent is in today LT saying Chimbonda isnt going to a request to leave in & he is happy to stay & fight for his place.

Im sure however we would listen to offers on him. Im open to letting either him or Jacob going too - we dont need 3, and Chimbonda is probably more versatile anyway!

As for Judge - what exactly has he done at Plymouth? Surely if he was that good then Plymouth would have offered him a deal!?

The thing about Judge is, I don't mind keeping him around, but to me he's a similar player to Doran, who's probably ahead of him in the pecking order and who may come back to the club now that Reid and Basturk (probably) have gone. Can't see them both playing for the first team this year although I have no problem keeping Judge.

Even if Rigters qualifies as home grown he still has to leave. He's robbing us of somewhere between 400K and 750K a year. That's criminal.

You see I see Doran as more of a traditional winger, quickish likes to run at players and whip balls in. Whereas from what I've seen and been told about Judge he's more of a midfielder, passes the ball round looks to get in good positions and play in quick balls. If anything I see Judge doing well in the middle where he played a few times for Plymouth and did well.

Also Doran needs real pitch time and to date has only played league one, so I'm not overally convinced he's ready as yet. I'd be looking to see if we could get him a champioship team, or a top 6-8 league one team so he can grow a bit more.

Chimbondas agent is in today LT saying Chimbonda isnt going to a request to leave in & he is happy to stay & fight for his place.

As for Judge - what exactly has he done at Plymouth? Surely if he was that good then Plymouth would have offered him a deal!?

Great. :rolleyes:

Versatile that he maybe if he doesn't stop crosses coming in he's not worth pish. Always turns his back, doesn't get close enough to his man and is just generally poor. He can't play effectively at left back as he lacks a left foot, something most came round to on here.

Hughesy, Judge was the main player in saving them from relegation in the previous season, surely that counts for something. Even last year as i said in a team that is made up of complete tosh, coached by an inexperienced and not very good man, stood out above the rest. Plymouth have no money as things stand have just been relegated, sacked a manager last season and another towards the end, they are broke. We'd want a decent fee for him, they don't have it.

I just think maybe he'd progress with a decent role model and someone who can actually play ala Guti. He's 21 not 22 till November so wouldn't take a squad place, unless needed to make the quota. He'd also give us some cover as a 3rd choice or so for the central role's that are a bit more attacking, Ped's Dunn & Guti (should he sign). He's also versatile.

Well; to be fair, Fulham wanted him. So that leaves your argument void.

Don't want him any more do they? An opportunity missed, never to be repeated.

Don't want him any more do they? An opportunity missed, never to be repeated.

That's because we told them he's not for sale :blink:

Point is tho; Fulham wanted him.

He's not got any worse has he? ("how can he??")

If we put him up for sale there's every chance that them or a smaller Premier League club would still come in for him.

But that's not happening is it because the club want him to stay.

Think you need to take your Keith "hate specs" off for this one. You're beginning to sound a bit like the other bell ends on here.

It's a shame FM isn't real sometimes, and we can't just make up a manager for Real Madrid and make them buy all these players for inflated fees. :lol:

I'd probably keep Judge for the home grown rule. Especially since all we seem to produce are central defenders at the moment.

Problem is that we need someone to buy them all.

You're not allowed to say that kind of thing, Billy.

I got into frightful trouble over it:

If you dont like the thread then dont look at it and dont make your pointless comments. You would have probably said nobody would pay for Shefki Kuqi or Grella too - but as it showed, there is always another club out their willing to take them!!

As for the list I made

Reid >> DONE

Di Santo >> DONE

Grella >> FEE AGREED

Zurab >> READING Want but trying to talk the price down

Brown >> No news yet - but im sure Championship clubs will want him if the price is right

Judge >> Told he can go - plymouth interested

Chimbonda >> No news yet - but again im sure clubs would take him if the price was right

:(

Now I've remembered Shefki ... :wub: I miss him

Bit worried about Chimbo 'fighting' for his place. Is he any good at fighting? Don't mind him staying if he plays like he did when he first came, but there was a distinct lack of enthusiasm in his last couple of games, and as Majiball says, most annoying when he turns his back on the ball.

At least the list is a bit shorter than in previous years, something to be thankful for.

Hi All,

I personally felt a little sorry for Zurab he actually has never done too much wrong its just simply we have been so strong at the back and with the emergence of young Jones and Hanley surely there is no point in him staying and fighting for his place??? I would have loved for him to go to Reading permanently - Surely he cant be on massive wages though as we would have let them have him for £0 just to clear wage bill a little more.

Along With Zurab I wouldn't mind if: One of Brown or Bunn, Lars Jacobson, Vince Grella, Righters, and Emerton all left to free up wages - Shame as Grella when fit looks a decent midfielder and Brett has been a great servant... Hope he has a good world cup and gets snapped up but since his injury hasn't been the Brett of old I don't feel..

Thanks.

Along With Zurab I wouldn't mind if: One of Brown or Bunn, Lars Jacobson, Vince Grella, Righters, and Emerton all left to free up wages - Shame as Grella when fit looks a decent midfielder and Brett has been a great servant... Hope he has a good world cup and gets snapped up but since his injury hasn't been the Brett of old I don't feel..

Thanks.

I agree with one of Bunn or Brown, but personally I'd get rid of Chimbonda ahead of Jacobsen. Also Emerton may not have had a massive impact last year but he did miss pre-season, I reckon with a good pre season under him then he will be better next season.

There's no need for Jacobsen or Chimbonda. Like I said, Salgado & Emerton cover the right-back slots, and we have Givet & Olsson for left-back (provided we don't sign a recognised one).

Olsson should only go lb if we have an injury crisis of the same proportions as the black death.

The reasons for this are simple:

1) He is a good left midfielder.

2) He is not a good left back - one step up from Simpson imo.

3) Pedersen is better in the middle then on the left.

As for Jacobsen / Chimbonda debate I think we only need one of them. I prefer Jacobsen as a player and a person but we really need cover for the lb position as Emerton can do an excellent job at rb, so Chimbonda would just stay due to his versitility for me.

Also if we do play the wingbacks formation I think Emerton would be the natural choice on the right. It's all about, for a small squad like us, having versatile players, and Emo can play rb well, cm well and rm ok, so he'd definately stay for me - I'd be looking to trim the wage bill elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Sam giving Zurab a nudge.

It's true what he says though, he has to think of his career, I'm sure he'll do the sensible thing and stick out on 20k a wek for another season. ;)

Poor conduct by Sam there. Zurab's always given 100% for Rovers and hasn't kicked up a fuss, to my knowledge. He doesn't deserve Sam telling him to bog off in the media. A quiet word behind closed doors would suffice, but it's still Zurab's prerogative where he plays and how much he earns.

I think that Sam is out of order doing it in the press. Zurab is a half decent player who always gives his all.

Sam to say what he did is wrong , it's humiliating for Zurab .

Ps I'm not a Sam hater

Sam giving Zurab a nudge.

It's true what he says though, he has to think of his career, I'm sure he'll do the sensible thing and stick out on 20k a wek for another season. ;)

Desperate measures from Sam to float a story like this.

And I think this illustrates just how tight money really is at the club. It also shows how worried Sam really is about the lack of movement on the transfer front and the lack of cash in the bank.

Zurab has been a good servant and very professional but it does make you wonder whether he's taking the p!ss a little bit...

I agree with the last comment he does need to go, his professionalism has never been in question and yes he has been a good servant to the club but he does need to go for 2 reasons 1. he is 28 so has another 5 good years in him and can be good for another lower level team 2. he will never get as good terms elsewhere and his agent probably knows this even I think Reading wanted him back after he had a good spell there also in fairness he should be doing the same with sick note vinny grella

I think that Sam is out of order doing it in the press. Zurab is a half decent player who always gives his all.

Sam to say what he did is wrong , it's humiliating for Zurab .

Ps I'm not a Sam hater

He's stating the obvious, as proffesional as Zurab has been the guy is picking up a wage when he has no chance of making the team, barring a huge disaster with our defence. He was in talks with Reading but couldnt agree personel terms, then he comes back to us?

We dont need him or want him, he needs to suck it up and move on which I'm pretty sure Sam would have told him to his face anyway.

Would we be bothered if he had said it about Grella, another player picking up a wage for nothing. It is ridiculous that these football players are able pick and choose moves because it suits them.

He's stating the obvious, as proffesional as Zurab has been the guy is picking up a wage when he has no chance of making the team, barring a huge disaster with our defence. He was in talks with Reading but couldnt agree personel terms, then he comes back to us?

We dont need him or want him, he needs to suck it up and move on which I'm pretty sure Sam would have told him to his face anyway.

Would we be bothered if he had said it about Grella, another player picking up a wage for nothing. It is ridiculous that these football players are able pick and choose moves because it suits them.

Quite apart from it being a bit out of order to try and force a player out in the press the risks are massive. Zurab is a nice guy and respected. Some of his team mates are going to be appalled by this.

Don't see what the advantage for Sam and Rovers is here. Best we can hope for is getting a moderately well paid player off the wage bill, but I can see this backfiring hugely. Sam has done brillinatly for us but this seems completely unneccessary.

Don't see what the advantage for Sam and Rovers is here. Best we can hope for is getting a moderately well paid player off the wage bill, but I can see this backfiring hugely. Sam has done brillinatly for us but this seems completely unneccessary.

Slightly over the top repsonse, backfire hugely how?

The player is sitting there taking a wage for nothing, he has practically zero chance of breaking into the first team has had a chance to move on and been unable to agree a move because of his personel terms.

However small the saving on the wage bill given the fact we are running a 90% wage bill to turnover which has been discussed to death all over this forum, wages like these need to be put to better use.

Nice guy, sure he is, good pro, sure he is, usefull to Blackburn Rovers he certainly is not.

Archived