BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadwood

This time last season we had a lot of talk about the deadwood at the club - a large number of players who offered little to the team.

We have now seen quite a lot of movement - Reid, McCarthy, Grella (hopefully!) gone. I would say we are now left with most justifying a place in the squad. There has been a definate improvement.

Personally I would try and shift Chimbonda (we do not even need to replace him imo) who will be on big wages due to his transfer history. And with a string of poor performances and injuries Emerton seems vulnerable, which is surprising.

For me the likes of Diouf, Roberts, Andrews and Jacobsen are worth retaining but saleable for the right offer.

What are other people's thoughts?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This time last season we had a lot of talk about the deadwood at the club - a large number of players who offered little to the team.

We have now seen quite a lot of movement - Reid, McCarthy, Grella (hopefully!) gone. I would say we are now left with most justifying a place in the squad. There has been a definate improvement.

Personally I would try and shift Chimbonda (we do not even need to replace him imo) who will be on big wages due to his transfer history. And with a string of poor performances and injuries Emerton seems vulnerable, which is surprising.

For me the likes of Diouf, Roberts, Andrews and Jacobsen are worth retaining but saleable for the right offer.

What are other people's thoughts?

I would look to shift Chimbonda and Diouf as soon as possible. We might need to keep Andrews and Roberts for another season.

Don't know about Emerton, we could consider an offer but he might be worth keeping in the squad to cover Grella and Reid's positions.

I'd try and get one of Brown or Bunn out as well. There has been interest in them in the past...

I would look to shift Chimbonda and Diouf as soon as possible. We might need to keep Andrews and Roberts for another season.

Don't know about Emerton, we could consider an offer but he might be worth keeping in the squad to cover Grella and Reid's positions.

Really? I think Diouf has been one of our better players recently and also versatile. Hoilett and Olsson are promising but Diouf's experience on the wings is very useful imo. He causes other teams many more problems that Emerton does.

I suppose the caveat to that is he seems to be embroiled in this legal case which could impact his career at Rovers.

Diouf breaks down more attacks than he starts. There's something to be said when your winger's best quality is his ball-retention. Sadly, I think we'll be seeing the likes of Diouf and Andrews for another season, at least.

For now, I would be wary of letting any of our experienced midfielders leave. Diouf whilst frustrating at times still possesses quality and we know he can, occasionally, make an impact in games.

No qualms over letting Chimbonda leave though, not a first team starter plus wages could be better used elsewhere.

Now that Lawrence chap would be a decent acquisition IMO, nice all 67.

Its a no brainer, rid the club of Grella, Brown, Chimbonda and Andrews.

Keep Roberts until January to keep him on his toes.

We so desperately need a supplying midfielder of the calibre of Reo Coker.

Zurab is deadwood more than anyone. Sell him, Chimbonda, Judge and Brown and don´t even need replacement.

It's that long since I've seen him a Rovers shirt I forgot about Zurab.

Now that Lawrence chap would be a decent acquisition IMO, nice all 67.

Its a no brainer, rid the club of Grella, Brown, Chimbonda and Andrews.

Keep Roberts until January to keep him on his toes.

We so desperately need a supplying midfielder of the calibre of Reo Coker.

I thought he was going to go to Wolves, now heavily linked with Celtic, and he wants to go, not sure but i think it's around the same fee as Beattie.

Diouf, Chimbonda, Brown, Zurab and Judge are all players that should be moved on. I would have added Pedersen to that list, but that's in the past now. As much as I would like Keith Andrews to move on, I would be worried about the amount of players that we would have in the midfield when it comes to injuries and suspensions. Getting rid of those players would generate some more funds and free up wages, seeing as we are somehow skint again this summer.

I'd keep Judge as a wildcard. Doubt his wages will make a difference and gives us another option in midfield. Give him half a season to prove himself, and if not send him on his merry way.

OK, then, we've several folks posting who should leave. Anyone found clubs for them?

Thought not ... <_<

Fair point, but I am not asking who will be sold but who we should try to sell. It's a hypothetical question of opinion, and unless I am wrong that is what the messageboard is 99% composed of...

If we limited ourselves to the facts then the whole messageboard would be virtually redundant.

OK, then, we've several folks posting who should leave. Anyone found clubs for them?

Thought not ... <_<

If you dont like the thread then dont look at it and dont make your pointless comments. You would have probably said nobody would pay for Shefki Kuqi or Grella too - but as it showed, there is always another club out their willing to take them!!

As for the list I made

Reid >> DONE

Di Santo >> DONE

Grella >> FEE AGREED

Zurab >> READING Want but trying to talk the price down

Brown >> No news yet - but im sure Championship clubs will want him if the price is right

Judge >> Told he can go - plymouth interested

Chimbonda >> No news yet - but again im sure clubs would take him if the price was right

If you dont like the thread then dont look at it and dont make your pointless comments.

woooooooooooooooooooo don't get your knickers in a twist!!

Chimbonda will the hardest to shift I would think, he will be getting a decent wage which most will not want to match.

It's that long since I've seen him a Rovers shirt I forgot about Zurab.

I thought he was going to go to Wolves, now heavily linked with Celtic, and he wants to go, not sure but i think it's around the same fee as Beattie.

woooooooooooooooooooo don't get your knickers in a twist!!

Chimbonda will the hardest to shift I would think, he will be getting a decent wage which most will not want to match.

No. The hardest to shift would be Julie. Given a pay rise to Premiership wages (presumably) but nowhere even close to Premiership standard. Who would take him on? Nobody in the Premiership and too expensive for div. 1 or 2.

We are stuck with him to the end of his contract. Luckiest man in football.

In terms of pound for pound contribution the first person we need to shift is Rigters. Isn't he on 10-15K or something ridiculous for someone buried so deep in the reserves team? A man who, I believe, couldn't even impress Southend on a trial?

He'd be ahead of the 7 Hughesy mentioned for me, but I like his list apart from that.

In terms of pound for pound contribution the first person we need to shift is Rigters. Isn't he on 10-15K or something ridiculous for someone buried so deep in the reserves team? A man who, I believe, couldn't even impress Southend on a trial?

He'd be ahead of the 7 Hughesy mentioned for me, but I like his list apart from that.

Ah! but he qualifies as homegrown, so maybe worth his wages for now. ;)

It would be nice to get shut though.

Archived