BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

I asked Paul Plunkett how come the LT said the mystery bidder was looking through the books and now they are saying that nobody else can and he replied... Because there is no exclusivity .... there never has been

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If WGA have been given an extended period for d.d., it means that they must be almost whiter than white. Clearly, the Trust / Board / Roth's feel that Ali is the real deal.

I suspect that this means things are closer than we thought otherwise, why do it if there are other viable purchasers supposedly straining at the leash.

I think Ali has them in the palm of his hand.

Like I said - and it's only a guess - Syed has probably paid the £25000 that gives him exclusivity. Technically the second group are in due dilligence, but that doesn't give them access to the books.

The only other alternative, is that the second group are not in due diligence.

Or that WGA or Ali Syed has misstated or misunderstood the whole tiered DD concept. Didn't Shah do the same at one point? Until the Trust speaks, we can't be sure as to who is doing what, when and how.

Other than a direct quote from his camp yesterday saying he wasn't.

Wasn't that quote from Mukesh's camp, not Anil's? The Ambani brothers are not a united front.

I asked Paul Plunkett how come the LT said the mystery bidder was looking through the books and now they are saying that nobody else can and he replied... Because there is no exclusivity .... there never has been

Various media releases said he had exclusivity, Syed himself told the BBC amongst others.

Someone is being economical with the truth, or it was "the truth at the time" :D

Wasn't that quote from Mukesh's camp, not Anil's? The Ambani brothers are not a united front.

Certainly not Rovers. :rover:

Exclusivity means that nobody can buy it except Syed, it's like a right of first refusal.

Yes but also they claim nobody can look at the books.... :wacko:

"This enables WGA to continue to explore the financial situation of the club while ensuring that no other bidder can buy it or look into its books"

I am guessing this is probably a question for Philip or maybe Kammy would WGA have paid an additional fee to extend the exclusivity?

I think the Trust would be terrible businessmen and women if they didn't charge some sort of fee for it. They're not doing it out of kindness that's for sure.

Paul Plunkett has it 100% correct, there are different levels of DD/Exclusivity, it is complicated, but basically If WGA statement is true then it does not mean that other bidders can't enter into DD, just means they can't reach to the level of DD/Exclusivity that WGA have reached. I hope that this makes some semblance of sense.

Hopefully the club will release a statement to clarify the situation.

Paul Plunkett has it 100% correct, there are different levels of DD/Exclusivity, it is complicated, but basically If WGA statement is true then it does not mean that other bidders can't enter into DD, just means they can't reach to the level of DD/Exclusivity that WGA have reached. I hope that this makes some semblance of sense.

Hopefully the club will release a statement to clarify the situation.

Is this entire DD/Exclusivity thing like getting Judo belts?

If WGA press release is 100% factual and posters practical knowledge on here are accurate as to the time scale for due diligence on a company the size of our club, the only reason I can think of is that as some have alluded to we are unique in business terms of being owned by a trust

I doubt many legal/financial teams have come across this before, the terms of Jacks trust deed may well be causing a lot of head scratching.

We only have the word of a poster some time ago on here (rovercider) that there was nothing in the deed that is detrimental to a sale and a brief statement from JW some time ago, I believe.

Archived