BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

I do agree with this - Cryer's contacts are mainly the club's senior management themselves and I'm certainly far more inclined to believe something he write as opposed to some speculating, mainly incorrect tabloid hack.

Because of this, Cryer is something of a 'Yes man' - he can't risk upsetting the apple cart.

Tabloid journos can afford to be a tad more gung ho.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bluerovers

Why would they go round seeking out whether this guy is a billionaire when this isn't remotely their concern?

They're not looking for a billionaire.

Complete assumption on your part, do you have anything to suggest that the trust just want the sale price an don't care further than that, or are you basing that solely on what YOU would do in their position? You also have no clue about the terms and conditions that Jack built into the selling on of Rovers by the trust.

I don't think this about money at this stage to be honest. It's not like we're selling a corner shop where the temptation is to sell to the first person who shows the cash. BRFC is a big and high profile business. We have history and more importantly we have standards and a reputation built up over a century of effort and investment.

The club has a soul in other words and when there are multiple buyers who all evidence the cash then the assessment of who to sell to takes a different turn. Are they like us?

When I've been involved in similar decision making I have been keen to find out who the buyer is on the inside and what it is that they stand for. I certainly didn't want someone who the staff and customers couldn't get on with and who would want to sweep away what the companies had achieved over the years. It's important to look for continuity and someone who doesn't need coercing to stick to a future path but embraces it willingly because they value what they have bought and all that brought it to where it is today. Tradition is a word that comes close yet it's the wrong word. Soul and personality is the closest I can get, but even that doesn't do it justice. So, are they like us?

Eventually all the various DD will have be completed and we will have a few buyers sitting round the table with us who we know all about and what resources they have, or don't have. Then it's eyeball time, who are we going to choose. I have a pretty shrewd idea who the second party may be, if I'm right then they/he are/is known for being an ethical outfit/person. I've never met Mr Syed and know nothing about him so he probably has had to work hard to convey his personality to the club. That takes time and it needs testing. When willing buyer meets willing seller then it's probably this kind of thing that will sway the decision, not the cash.

As fans we need to sit back and relax and let the process take it's course. JW and the Trust are custodians of the clubs spirit and soul and they know what to look for when it becomes time to pass the baton, let's leave them in peace to do their work and let's try not to upset the applecart in the interim with loose talk and speculation.

The prize is too big to screw up for some short term gratification of guessing/leaking details of the proceedings. So I applaud folk like Kamy and Cryer and the others who have so far played with a straight bat and who know far more than they put into the public domain. Long may it continue.

Guest bluerovers

It would be good to know how long the extension is.

Has this beeen mentioned anywhere ?

Replace the words "the extension" in the above sentence with "a piece of string" and you have your answer...

Complete assumption on your part,

You also have no clue about the terms and conditions that Jack built into the selling on of Rovers by the trust.

There is also nothing in the public domain to PROVE their are any conditions - so you too are assuming things!

Guest bluerovers

There is also nothing in the public domain to PROVE their are any conditions - so you too are assuming things!

And you're assuming I give a cr*p...

But seriously my post was supposed to be neutral, there could be conditions saying they can only sell to a Trillionaire Virgin Mary, there may be little or no conditions and the Trust just want rid to anyone who has the minimum £40m or anywhere in-between. It was TGM who stated the Trust just want to rid and would sell to anyone....

I don't think this about money at this stage to be honest. It's not like we're selling a corner shop where the temptation is to sell to the first person who shows the cash. BRFC is a big and high profile business. We have history and more importantly we have standards and a reputation built up over a century of effort and investment.

The club has a soul in other words and when there are multiple buyers who all evidence the cash then the assessment of who to sell to takes a different turn. Are they like us?

When I've been involved in similar decision making I have been keen to find out who the buyer is on the inside and what it is that they stand for. I certainly didn't want someone who the staff and customers couldn't get on with and who would want to sweep away what the companies had achieved over the years. It's important to look for continuity and someone who doesn't need coercing to stick to a future path but embraces it willingly because they value what they have bought and all that brought it to where it is today. Tradition is a word that comes close yet it's the wrong word. Soul and personality is the closest I can get, but even that doesn't do it justice. So, are they like us?

Eventually all the various DD will have be completed and we will have a few buyers sitting round the table with us who we know all about and what resources they have, or don't have. Then it's eyeball time, who are we going to choose. I have a pretty shrewd idea who the second party may be, if I'm right then they/he are/is known for being an ethical outfit/person. I've never met Mr Syed and know nothing about him so he probably has had to work hard to convey his personality to the club. That takes time and it needs testing. When willing buyer meets willing seller then it's probably this kind of thing that will sway the decision, not the cash.

As fans we need to sit back and relax and let the process take it's course. JW and the Trust are custodians of the clubs spirit and soul and they know what to look for when it becomes time to pass the baton, let's leave them in peace to do their work and let's try not to upset the applecart in the interim with loose talk and speculation.

The prize is too big to screw up for some short term gratification of guessing/leaking details of the proceedings. So I applaud folk like Kamy and Cryer and the others who have so far played with a straight bat and who know far more than they put into the public domain. Long may it continue.

This is a great post TJ. It gets exactly to the very essence of the matter, and for me describes perfectly how I see things too. I have thought this for some considerable time while sitting back and just watching the landslide of posts that between them all have just decided very little and simply created arguments and insults whilst not really ever getting close to the way you (and I ) see the important issues. Well done TJ!

EDIT: Oh yes, and I think your simile of the club's "soul and personality" is EXACTLY right, and is the most important long term consideration in this whole transaction.

This is a great post TJ. It gets exactly to the very essence of the matter, and for me describes perfectly how I see things too. I have thought this for some considerable time while sitting back and just watching the landslide of posts that between them all have just decided very little and simply created arguments and insults whilst not really ever getting close to the way you (and I ) see the important issues. Well done TJ!

EDIT: Oh yes, and I think your simile of the club's "soul and personality" is EXACTLY right, and is the most important long term consideration in this whole transaction.

I'm sure I remember you and Theno scoffing at the people who wanted to see the club sold on from the trustees Fife. "other people's money, eh Theno?" wasn't it? :)

Can someone tell me if it is usual for the prospective new owner to not have acutally met the board yet at this stage?

I dont know about anyone else but if I had 300 odd million to invest I would want to be there!

I would persume maybe Mr Ali is at the meeting via video conferencing?

Anyone know what the setup is likely to be?

I'm sure I remember you and Theno scoffing at the people who wanted to see the club sold on from the trustees Fife. "other people's money, eh Theno?" wasn't it? :)

One thing you have NEVER seen me do Den is scoff at the idea of Rovers passing on from the ownership of the Trustees. I have posted many times on the subject, and have always warned against the dangers of selling to unsuitable new owners that have only their own agenda in mind when purchasing. But I submit that that is a not scoffing at all. and is nothing more than wanting to see that (if posssible) Jack's wishes for the long term and conditions (again if any) that he laid down are GENUINELY respected and where possible met by any new owner. That's all..... and it is not scoffing.

Guest bluerovers

Everyone seems to be believing Syed's claims that he has some form of exclusivity on a deal, yet as far as I know he is the only one who has claimed it. I don't think the club have ever stated that there is any exclusivity clause.

That's because the club have said bugger all for a month now, and the last time they did it was just basically "the process is ongoing"

One thing you have NEVER seen me do Den is scoff at the idea of Rovers passing on from the ownership of the Trustees. I have posted many times on the subject, and have always warned against the dangers of selling to unsuitable new owners that have only their own agenda in mind when purchasing. But I submit that that is a not scoffing at all. and is nothing more than wanting to see that (if posssible) Jack's wishes for the long term and conditions (again if any) that he laid down are GENUINELY respected and where possible met by any new owner. That's all..... and it is not scoffing.

Do you feel the Trust are genuinely respecting Jack's wishes Fife? We seem to be demanding more of a new owner than we're getting right now.

Guest bluerovers

Of course they haven't, because there is a confidentiality clause that all parties are supposed to be adhering to.

That agreement was in place when the club did last comment though and I'd be suprised if it said that both sides could say NOTHING about what's going on, it would just prohibit releasing details of the finer financial details of any proposed deal.

Complete assumption on your part, do you have anything to suggest that the trust just want the sale price an don't care further than that, or are you basing that solely on what YOU would do in their position? You also have no clue about the terms and conditions that Jack built into the selling on of Rovers by the trust.

Firstly, and mainly really, if you actually took the time to read what I said, I said they're not looking for a billionaire.

This is almost certainly true - unless you actually think Jack there's a chance wrote into the will a specified amount that any new buyer must be worth?

Secondly, it's hardly like the Trust have been pumping cash in these last few years is it? Surely it would be utterly hypocritical for them to demand a new buyer pumps in hundreds of millions over the next few years like Syed has promised when they haven't been doing it themselves? Yes they need a buyer who has the capabilities to keep the club solvent but I very much doubt they'll need guarantees on what Syed has been telling the media in order to sell the club

Thirdly, before you joined someone called rivercider was a member on here who was pretty well credited as being quite close to Dan Williams who made the bid a while ago. The story he gave checked out with what nicko and one or two people "on the inside" here knew as well but which couldnt be disclosed due to a pre exsisting NDA. He basically stated that this myth about Jack's will having a big impact on the sale was baloney and there weren't really any conditions that any serious buyer would find difficult to meet.

So basically, you're wrong again.

That agreement was in place when the club did last comment though and I'd be suprised if it said that both sides could say NOTHING about what's going on, it would just prohibit releasing details of the finer financial details of any proposed deal.

I dont know why you find this difficult to believe bluerover. You should know that our club says less than Helen Keller about most things, about this I am surprised they say anything at all.

Guest bluerovers

Firstly, and mainly really, if you actually took the time to read what I said, I said they're not looking for a billionaire.

But again how do you KNOW this. I'm not saying they di, I'm saying I don't know whilst you are convinced you know what every member of the trust wants. Even if you are correct, so what? What is your point?

Secondly, it's hardly like the Trust have been pumping cash in these last few years is it? Surely it would be utterly hypocritical for them to demand a new buyer pumps in hundreds of millions over the next few years like Syed has promised when they haven't been doing it themselves?

No it wouldn't, simple as that. And why would it be judged on what the trust have done 'in these last few years', why not look at what they have put in (and Jack) throughout their ownership.

Yes they need a buyer who has the capabilities to keep the club solvent but I very much doubt they'll need guarantees on what Syed has been telling the media in order to sell the club

Never said they did, building strawmen aganin.

Thirdly, before you joined someone called rivercider was a member on here who was pretty well credited as being quite close to Dan Williams who made the bid a while ago. The story he gave checked out with what nicko and one or two people "on the inside" here knew as well but which couldnt be disclosed due to a pre exsisting NDA. He basically stated that this myth about Jack's will having a big impact on the sale was baloney and there weren't really any conditions that any serious buyer would find difficult to meet.

Again so what, you are arguing against a point I never made....

So basically, you're wrong again.

Let me explain this to you, if you read the post you are replying to you'd notice I made no positive statements, I was saying that I don't know but niether to you yet you are the one talking as if you do KNOW.

So how can I be wrong when the only statement I made was about you?

I dont know why you find this difficult to believe bluerover. You should know that our club says less than Helen Keller about most things, about this I am surprised they say anything at all.

Don't find it hard to believe, I was just answering only2garners point about not believing Syed until the club say something (that being that the club won't say anything)...

Is there definitely a deed or set of rules set out by Jack conditioning the sale of the club?

No one knows......except TGM who not only knows Jack's will better than his own diary, he has also done pschological tests on all the members of the trust and knows their evil motivations to sell to the first person who flashes £40m in their face.

Archived