BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

On a far more serious note, I am digesting the content of a message I have received. It reveals that even our wonderful club attracts some individuals who are the lowest of the low.

I'm getting the impression that there is some objectional individual operating in the background today who has rattled a couple of members - unrelated to the main discussion of this topic.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, sorry Fife my apologies, I must have been thinking about this post:

Posted 12 August 2010 - 14:14 PM

thenodrog, on 12 August 2010 - 09:54 AM, said:

We have an increasing number of followers who exhibit the spoilt attitudes of cry babies.

If Jack Walker had said circa 1990 that he was going to put enough money into the then lowly and perrenially skint BRFC to rebuild the ground and the team into a proper Premier league outfit with a state of the art training facility and winning a few major trophies on the way as well as enjoying the occasionall foray into europe, but that after 20 years the club had to stand on it's own feet financially we'd all have snatched his bloody hand off.

People whinge about the trust but imo if Jack were alive today he'd have drawn the purse strings together too. Whatever he might have been he was certainly no fool intent on financial suicide.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fife Rover: 12 August 2010 - 14:18 PM

Absolutely spot on Theno (the whole post).

There really are some people on here that live in cloud cuckoo land. It would be easy to lapse into the "trendy way" and call them all the different varieties of fools known to man, as is the "norm " these days, but I will not allow myself to sink to that level. However what I woud like to put to these people that expect some sort of fairy godmother to wet nurse BRFC through every minute of every season and come up with the finance to pull them out of every unwanted situation is that they are quite simply deluded. All they need to do is ask themselves if they would do that (assuming they had the finances to do it) and for how long would their benevolence continue?

There is nothing easier to do than spend someone elses hard earned eh?

Well Den all I can say is that if you honestly believe that that post is intended to scoff at the "idea" of Rovers being sold to new owners per se, then all I can say is you have a very warped opinion. I have always defended the Trust in any posts I have made on the subject and have always urged caution in any move made by the Trust to sell the club. There are countless posts over the years that clearly show this, and in fact I have always made the point that rather than see the club in the hands of any type of bad owner, I would much prefer that it it remain for ever in the hands of the Trust.

However as it became clear in the last year or so that the Trust is quite determined to sell I have accepted the inevitable and as far the present ongoing negotiations are concerned I have been quite surprised and heartened to find that as far as any of us can see things appear to be being conducted perfectly correctly and with the future welfare of the club firmly in mind. We can expect no more.

Tgm if you reread your last post in conjunction with mine you will see the words "not true" don't apply.

I think you have got yourself into a bind of arguing for the sake of arguing and missing the points made by others.

On a far more serious note, I am digesting the content of a message I have received. It reveals that even our wonderful club attracts some individuals who are the lowest of the low.

Can you forward me that message?

What is going on here today? Very strange

Could you say who this is, I've had some colorful responses from someone recently but not on here. Be interesting to see if they are the same person. Via pm of course.

there are a few members on here, who i might report to either Glenn or Ste. imo, Kamy was treated like ###### by a few in the last or so days. kamy has been a breath of fresh air on this thread, but because things are not happening the way he said it would be, some feel the need to question his motives. im not saying this is the reason he left, but it would be a damn shame if it is the reason.

Sadly, for a whole host of reasons Kamy has had to step down and won't be around on the forums or the news any more. A sad day for the site. I'd appreciate it if you could all keep all your theories on why and any other debate about his departure to yourself. An whilst it saddens me greatly, it was done on the best of terms. We'll be ever indebted for his service here over the last few years.

The mods/backroom staff will be trying to provide some level of news in his absence, but if anyone thinks they have the skills and time to attempt to replace him as news editor, please PM me.

If I remember, did he not say that the site was keeping him away from his day job and he had to get back to that.

Tgm if you reread your last post in conjunction with mine you will see the words "not true" don't apply.

I think you have got yourself into a bind of arguing for the sake of arguing and missing the points made by others.

"Not true" that it's necessarily a £200m operation when people worth less than that (or as much as that - but who havent ploughed in their entire fortune) have successfully owned football clubs of a similar size to ours and provided far more in transfer fees than us over the last few years...it reads perfectly well.

The bit about the ideal owner being a billionaire means nothing - the ideal owner would be Carlos Slim Helu suddenly finding a passion for Rovers and buying us up.

I think you've got yourself into a bit of a bind of meaningless drivel dressed up as expert opinion, but that's been going on for a lot longer than this thread...

If I remember, did he not say that the site was keeping him away from his day job and he had to get back to that.

He did say that he was going out of the country for a while - or something along those lines - and that he wouldn't be able to post as much on the subject because of this.

The tone of some of the posts this afternoon from the likes of Nicko and Glenn would make it seem that his input was rattling a few cages in high places. :rock:

Well Den all I can say is that if you honestly believe that that post is intended to scoff at the "idea" of Rovers being sold to new owners per se, then all I can say is you have a very warped opinion. I have always defended the Trust in any posts I have made on the subject and have always urged caution in any move made by the Trust to sell the club. There are countless posts over the years that clearly show this, and in fact I have always made the point that rather than see the club in the hands of any type of bad owner, I would much prefer that it it remain for ever in the hands of the Trust.

However as it became clear in the last year or so that the Trust is quite determined to sell I have accepted the inevitable and as far the present ongoing negotiations are concerned I have been quite surprised and heartened to find that as far as any of us can see things appear to be being conducted perfectly correctly and with the future welfare of the club firmly in mind. We can expect no more.

Lol, I was only doing a bit of ribbing Fife. Yeah I accept what you say, no problems. Don't take it personally either, because I'm sure you're a great chap and I would gladly buy you a beer any time. [don't bring your mates though]. :)

Lol, I was only doing a bit of ribbing Fife. Yeah I accept what you say, no problems. Don't take it personally either, because I'm sure you're a great chap and I would gladly buy you a beer any time. [don't bring your mates though]. :)

Phew! Thank the Lord for that Den! You really had me feeling quite upset there

. However all's well that ends well as they say.

Just as an aside I am coming down this Saturday for the Fulham match , and I normally arrive at the ground just as the turnstiles are opening .....around 2pm. I believe you sit in the JW Upper as well, so how about meeting up for a pint on the concourse? I'll buy the pints. PM me if you fancy it.

Just as an aside I am coming down this Saturday for the Fulham match , and I normally arrive at the ground just as the turnstiles are opening .....around 2pm. I believe you sit in the JW Upper as well, so how about meeting up for a pint on the concourse? I'll buy the pints. PM me if you fancy it.

The site should start selling BRFCS T-shirts or something so we can spot fellow members at games - all proceeds go to Sam's transfer kitty ^_^

Thanks Fife - there are 8 of us :lol:

PM sent.

Sadly, for a whole host of reasons Kamy has had to step down and won't be around on the forums or the news any more. A sad day for the site. I'd appreciate it if you could all keep all your theories on why and any other debate about his departure to yourself. An whilst it saddens me greatly, it was done on the best of terms. We'll be ever indebted for his service here over the last few years.

The mods/backroom staff will be trying to provide some level of news in his absence, but if anyone thinks they have the skills and time to attempt to replace him as news editor, please PM me.

I would like to thank Nicko for flagging up that Kamy has left the site.

I would also like to thank Kamy for his many informative contributions.

Archived