BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers on the box abroad

Leaving out where I live, is the Premier League streamed legally online anywhere? It isnt in the UK for example. But our American friends - do Fox or ESPN have a legal online service where you can pick up the games? Is it shown elsewhere online? Like the sad ###### in the 80s VW ad, this is the man who moved into Internet radio just as the Radio Lancashire was leaving the Rovers....this is the man who subscribed for 2 years to an HK channel just as the sneaky dingles switched suppliers.

Any help much appreciated. To summarise; If I lived in the USA could I subscribe to watching the Rovers online? And if not where else could I live to do this?

PS this is not as daft a post as it seems.

ESPN3 has some rights some weekends to one or two EPL games, but you need to have an ISP that subscribes to that service. Sadly there's no guarantee that you'll see Rovers play if you're living states side. There's been weekends I couldn't get a feed, legal or otherwise.

Thanks American... Fox doesnt stream either ? They have games on their schedule but that is all TV, right?

The illegal so called free links on the Net has finally broken me. I need to go legal. Leaving out where I live, is the Premier League streamed legally online anywhere? It isnt in the UK for example. But our American friends - do Fox or ESPN have a legal online service where you can pick up the games? Is it shown elsewhere online? Like the sad ###### in the 80s VW ad, this is the man who moved into Internet radio just as the Radio Lancashire was leaving the Rovers....this is the man who subscribed for 2 years to an HK channel just as the sneaky dingles switched suppliers.

Any help much appreciated. To summarise; If I lived in the USA could I subscribe to watching the Rovers online? And if not where else could I live to do this?

PS this is not as daft a post as it seems.

As I live the other end of the country to Blackburn, I make do with Rovers commentry, via the clubs website (roversworld). Not the best, but better than nothing at all.

im lucky, in South Africa, i get to watch all of Rovers league games. they tend to show games, they didnt show as live games, at a later time slot. only problem, is that sometimes the games are shown at 2am in the morning lol

Thanks American... Fox doesnt stream either ? They have games on their schedule but that is all TV, right?

Foxsoccer now has foxsoccer.tv for $15 a month. That completely slipped my mind.

Why Subscribe

Watch over 700 live games in 2010-11 from Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Serie A and world class rugby exclusively live on FoxSoccer.tv.

* 200 live Barclays Premier League matches

* 146 UEFA Champions League

* 76 Serie A games

* 152 French Ligue 1

* 90 npower Football League

* 175 World Class Rugby including Aviva Premiership, Heineken Cup & Tri Nations matches

* Video on demand option available

* Full match commentary

* Works on PC and Mac

* Monthly / annual subscription available

Let's simplify this.

If you have:

ESPN

ESPN2

ESPN3.com

Fox Soccer Channel

Fox Soccer+

Foxsoccer.tv

...then you'll get all the FAPL matches live in addition to Sky Sports News on FSC. ESPN3.com & Foxsoccer.tv are internet based but can be streamed to HDTV sets with the proper equipment. The first four should come with any decent cable package and Foxsoccer.tv is available pretty much everywhere here for $14.99/month. Fox Soccer+'s availability is a little more iffy. DirecTV satellite service has it, but many cable companies do not. If you can get access to it, it too is an additional $14.99/month.

Whoops! Let's not forget the domestic cups. Early rounds are hit or miss (more miss than hit from a Rovers perspective frankly), but as the competitions progress and there are less matches to broadcast all the matches again are live on the Fox channels.

As for UEFA competitions; you can expect about 90% of the coverage of the Champions League will be live in addition to Europa League matches involving English clubs &/or big names from the continent.

Interesting stuff. Can you watch stuff back on repeat too for the Fox online stuff? I've just moved out to California so it may be worth me investing in Fox online to help me keep up to date with things (currently just going off unofficial highlights gleaned from various internet sources).

There are several sites which for a small monthly fee (6 quid or thereabouts) fix you up with a UK web address. This allows the person who lives abroad to watch ALL UK TV live or on demand on your computer. You can even subscribe to Sky! I won't put website addresses on here but they are easily googled. :tu:

There are several sites which for a small monthly fee (6 quid or thereabouts) fix you up with a UK web address. This allows the person who lives abroad to watch ALL UK TV live or on demand on your computer. You can even subscribe to Sky! I won't put website addresses on here but they are easily googled. :tu:

Yes cheers. But Rovers are rarely on Sky and the time difference here means only prigs up to 5 o clock or so are realistic. If the USA though has full coverage of all matches then your suggestion works. Cheers v much

Yes cheers. But Rovers are rarely on Sky and the time difference here means only prigs up to 5 o clock or so are realistic. If the USA though has full coverage of all matches then your suggestion works. Cheers v much

What about Astro, is it available in HK. About £400 to set up in Thailand (illegal of course) including first year subscriptions.

You could get Match of the Day and ITV's equivalent at a reasonable hour maybe?

You could get Match of the Day and ITV's equivalent at a reasonable hour maybe?

5 or 6 in the morning - we are 7 hours ahead. Or 8 in winter. And iPlayer or ITV are not allowed to show sport...rights issues etc. Which is where this all begins. Intensely frustrating. Perfectly prepared to pay monthly but cant!

5 or 6 in the morning - we are 7 hours ahead. Or 8 in winter.

I think Match of the Day is shown on Sunday mornings over here (at least it used to be, I rarely see a Sunday morning now!), so that should be a more reasonable one to watch?

Interesting stuff. Can you watch stuff back on repeat too for the Fox online stuff? I've just moved out to California so it may be worth me investing in Fox online to help me keep up to date with things (currently just going off unofficial highlights gleaned from various internet sources).

Yeah a lot of the stuff is stored for "on demand" viewing you can replay. Don't know how long it stays available though.

iamarover, just in case you don't know....... you can get MOTD2 now on iplayer. Don't know why it should be different than MOTD.

It is very odd, from the BBC -

WHY ISN'T MATCH OF THE DAY OFFERED ON iPLAYER/ON DEMAND ON THE WEBSITE/AS A VIDEO PODCAST?

Both Match of the Day and Football Focus are simulcast on the website every weekend - but we can't currently offer the programme on demand throughout the week or on iPlayer because the BBC don't have the rights to show Premier League action on the web outside of live broadcasts.

However, MOTD2 will be available on BBC iPlayer every Wednesday for five days from the start of the 2010/11 season.

Don't understand why the Saturday show should differ from the Sunday show.

• Backroom

It is very odd, from the BBC -

WHY ISN'T MATCH OF THE DAY OFFERED ON iPLAYER/ON DEMAND ON THE WEBSITE/AS A VIDEO PODCAST?

Both Match of the Day and Football Focus are simulcast on the website every weekend - but we can't currently offer the programme on demand throughout the week or on iPlayer because the BBC don't have the rights to show Premier League action on the web outside of live broadcasts.

However, MOTD2 will be available on BBC iPlayer every Wednesday for five days from the start of the 2010/11 season.

Don't understand why the Saturday show should differ from the Sunday show.

Maybe they have now acquired the rights for MOTD2 to be broadcast on demand for the 2010/2011 season

Shouldn't that read 2011/2012 season though? or have you picked up an old FAQ?

Maybe they have now acquired the rights for MOTD2 to be broadcast on demand for the 2010/2011 season

Shouldn't that read 2011/2012 season though? or have you picked up an old FAQ?

Didn't notice that, just picked up what was on the BBC website. I presume it was displayed from before the start of this season. My point was that if they aren't allowed to show MOTD on line due to not having rights then how do they get away with MOTD2. They both show the goals and significant action from the Saturday games. Not in as much detail on MOTD2 but its still there.

I think its only available in the UK anyway so probably still not an option for fans abroad.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived