BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup Final Day

cn174

This year the FA Cup final is on 14th May which is also a day with a full round of PL fixtures. Does anyone know what is going to happen with this?

Will all the PL fixtures move to the Sunday?

I'm supposed to have an exam on that day and I'd rather not miss the Man U game (assuming Rovers don't make it to the FA Cup final!!!)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you certain of that? If that is right then the cup final will be on the Saturday and the final Premier league fixtures the folowing week. That would mean Two premier league fixtures being put off to that mid week...Very strange if correct.That is assuming two premier league clubs will be in the final of course. Having checked on line you are correct and the final is on the 14th with the Premier league finishing on the 22nd..Won't be easy for the teams in the final so be interesting to see how that will figure.

The FA have confirmed the Cup final will not be moving, and are in conversation with PL as to that weekends fixtures to avoid or at least minimise impacts.

It's hoped that a solution will be known by year end.

It's all to do with Wembley hosting CL Final and the pitch can't be used for 2 weeks beforehand so the Championship playoff is Monday after, and the others won't be at Wembley this year.

Are you certain of that? If that is right then the cup final will be on the Saturday and the final Premier league fixtures the folowing week. That would mean Two premier league fixtures being put off to that mid week...Very strange if correct.That is assuming two premier league clubs will be in the final of course. Having checked on line you are correct and the final is on the 14th with the Premier league finishing on the 22nd..Won't be easy for the teams in the final so be interesting to see how that will figure.

I have just googled it and RIML is spot on.

It just seems very strange.

I have just googled it and RIML is spot on.

cn174 ;)

Just shows how little a priority the FA Cup final seems to be nowadays if they're having it on the same day as normal fixtures. Unless Rovers get there, in which case it will be first priority and my exam can get stuffed!

cn174 ;)

Just shows how little a priority the FA Cup final seems to be nowadays if they're having it on the same day as normal fixtures. Unless Rovers get there, in which case it will be first priority and my exam can get stuffed!

Many apologies.

• 5 months later...
Guest linganzi

Come on united . At the risk of looking demented ill be at eurovision in dusseldorf that weekend and was gutted about missing the last home game . I've,missed enough , was in Sri Lanka for sunderland, although I stayed up till 3 am for that belter. And if course I missed 60 mins based in my bpool tantrum . Will be interesting to see how this game goes especially if they win the cup and they are in the champs league

Come on united . At the risk of looking demented ill be at eurovision in dusseldorf that weekend and was gutted about missing the last home game . I've,missed enough , was in Sri Lanka for sunderland, although I stayed up till 3 am for that belter. And if course I missed 60 mins based in my bpool tantrum . Will be interesting to see how this game goes especially if they win the cup and they are in the champs league

On a selfish note the time switch suits me as I start work at five. On the Tuesday I am on day off so even better.

Linganzi, your going to Eurovision, what do you do for a living mate or are you performing!!!!!!!!

Guest linganzi

Ha no I'm Just going to f##k about. No idea why really , just seemed amusing. Wasn't so amusing being on line 8 hours trying to get tickets then thinking you miss the utd game.

For the record I'm a benefits fraud officer making me an expert in Scottish free loaders in Blackpool, ill catch you out yet Charlie Adam

Slight ray of hope here. If Manchester United have won the league by that weekend they'll send out the reserves against us.

Possibly clutching at straws.......

Didn't United seal our fate at Ewood last time on a midweek evening game?

:(

Yup bad omens, last time it was the same, a midweek, rearranged game against United. Not quite sure but I think that was also the penultimate game of the season and last home game.

The hope is that they have won the league by then and have reached the Champions League final so players are rested. Although knowing Ferguson, he will take great pleasure is sending Rovers down after the way Sam was sacked.

Yup bad omens, last time it was the same, a midweek, rearranged game against United. Not quite sure but I think that was also the penultimate game of the season and last home game.

The hope is that they have won the league by then and have reached the Champions League final so players are rested. Although knowing Ferguson, he will take great pleasure is sending Rovers down after the way Sam was sacked.

He would love it :(

Funnily enough, I will also be at Eurovision in Dusseldorf, so I've known that this match is on the same day as the final, so have wanted Utd to get to the final for ages. They best not let City beat them. Was hoping the match would get moved to 4pm Sunday for the telly, seeing as the title might not be over then, as I got an earlier flight back to the UK and could manage to get to Ewood then, but moving it to 12:45 on the Saturday is even bloody worse!

Linganzi, are you a part of the OGAE UK (the Eurovision fan club)? Is that how you got your Eurovision tickets?

Guest linganzi

No I'm not part if anything we just went on the website and bought them. Not arrived yet though

Where you staying ? We are in neuss , all accom gone as they are having it the same weekend the city is holding the worlds largest box festival

No I'm not part if anything we just went on the website and bought them. Not arrived yet though

Where you staying ? We are in neuss , all accom gone as they are having it the same weekend the city is holding the worlds largest box festival

A box festival?!

I must admit, this thread has taken a funny direction with the discovery we have a Eurovision fans on here :D

Guest linganzi

Interpack. The box expo. I'm not sure if I'm a eurovision fan as such, I lust like all the ridiculousness related to it , all the camp European madness

Archived