BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How would you make Rovers a top 5 side?

I would but the entire Spanish under 21/under 18 squads. They can play football and then put them straight in the first team.

Actually this is not a bad idea.

-Take over PNE and merge Clubs

How much would PNE cost? Merging Lancashire clubs and creating a "Lancashire Rovers United" has been suggested before. Is it realistically possible?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personal wealth

Profits from a rapidly growing company

Profits from the other parts of their business which is not in the public domain

Plus now that we are debt free – about £5m per season profit

Considering the way the Roa's have conducted themselves to date, you really believe that the debt is gone, paid off? I am sure people on here have basically said its being serviced which for me means its still there. When I also consider that they change their tune more often than a politician, I will not believe its gone until I see it published in the company accounts.

How big do you really think their personnel wealth is? They inherited their fathers business and have grown it. Recently they announced record profits of 9 million. If that's the best turnover and profit they have ever made then they just don't have the kinda cash we are going to need. Also consider that signing a player is going to if it should come from their own wealth make a serious dent in it, every time.

The chicken company is their main earner and the record profit is stated above, its poultry. If that's their main business and it makes 9 million on a good day, what do the others do? Maybe 1 or 2 million, if they make one at all, for given the mass media attention on this surely if they had serious cash coming in from other areas it would be out there by now.

They are never going to plough all their profits into us. Surely if Venky's is to be a "global brand" then they are going to also need to put serious money into their current businesses to cope with all the extra work generated, that's going to cost millions. equipment, facilities, workers, materials and so on. Its not just about rovers, expansion its all about pinky and the brain taking the world over (sorry about the puns in here, but for some reason that escapes me I've been seriously ###### off for the last few days).

So millions needed here and millions needed there and so on, its all beginning to add up to a serious amount of cash, so where will it all come from, even taking out loans will place a serious strain on those kind of finances. Venky's as well have only been around since 1971, according to their website. So even at 9 million a year, that's £351 million working with their record profit & before you even spend a penny during that time frame. I do not for one second believe they are minted to the degree its going to require to finish top 5, unless of course its another of these fabled 10 year plans, involving hopes and dreams.

Add in the rumours about this player and that and supposedly be looking at 5-10 million pound players (please add in wages, bonuses, signing on fee, agents fees(remember the family discount Jerome, thanks), etc, etc), maybe 2-3 as well and your now talking very serious cash for us. So where is it coming from? If at all.

We are also making cut-backs across the club if rumours are to be believed and remember we were know to already be running "streamlined". These are not the actions of seriously rich people. It just doesn't add up to me at all and even if we do sign this player or that for X and Z I will not believe Rovers are not footing the bill until it is in black and white. Remember Jerome has done this before at City and I wonder how that turned out?

We may well see some spending in January, that doesn't mean they've got the money though does it? They probably have a Credit Card in the name of Blackburn Rovers with a Chickens head on it. Still why press the snooze button when you can gamble with the entire clubs future?

Considering the way the Roa's have conducted themselves to date, you really believe that the debt is gone, paid off? I am sure people on here have basically said its being serviced which for me means its still there. When I also consider that they change their tune more often than a politician, I will not believe its gone until I see it published in the company accounts.

How big do you really think their personnel wealth is? They inherited their fathers business and have grown it. Recently they announced record profits of 9 million. If that's the best turnover and profit they have ever made then they just don't have the kinda cash we are going to need. Also consider that signing a player is going to if it should come from their own wealth make a serious dent in it, every time.

The chicken company is their main earner and the record profit is stated above, its poultry. If that's their main business and it makes 9 million on a good day, what do the others do? Maybe 1 or 2 million, if they make one at all, for given the mass media attention on this surely if they had serious cash coming in from other areas it would be out there by now.

They are never going to plough all their profits into us. Surely if Venky's is to be a "global brand" then they are going to also need to put serious money into their current businesses to cope with all the extra work generated, that's going to cost millions. equipment, facilities, workers, materials and so on. Its not just about rovers, expansion its all about pinky and the brain taking the world over (sorry about the puns in here, but for some reason that escapes me I've been seriously ###### off for the last few days).

So millions needed here and millions needed there and so on, its all beginning to add up to a serious amount of cash, so where will it all come from, even taking out loans will place a serious strain on those kind of finances. Venky's as well have only been around since 1971, according to their website. So even at 9 million a year, that's £351 million working with their record profit & before you even spend a penny during that time frame. I do not for one second believe they are minted to the degree its going to require to finish top 5, unless of course its another of these fabled 10 year plans, involving hopes and dreams.

Add in the rumours about this player and that and supposedly be looking at 5-10 million pound players (please add in wages, bonuses, signing on fee, agents fees(remember the family discount Jerome, thanks), etc, etc), maybe 2-3 as well and your now talking very serious cash for us. So where is it coming from? If at all.

We are also making cut-backs across the club if rumours are to be believed and remember we were know to already be running "streamlined". These are not the actions of seriously rich people. It just doesn't add up to me at all and even if we do sign this player or that for X and Z I will not believe Rovers are not footing the bill until it is in black and white. Remember Jerome has done this before at City and I wonder how that turned out?

Hey Maji, you are not just a pretty face, I have serious concerns about Venkys and their so called advisors, something is wrong, I simply cannot believe the Walker family have fallen for this, indeed, I truly believe, just as we as supporters have been lied to with contradictory statements from The Chairperson of Venkys and her family, surely, they breaking some law, especially if the club was sold based upon their promises prior to the deal being signed, indeed, it would have been a pre contract condition and even in the event of nothing being written in the contract, in the absence, in English Law, a verbal agreement is binding, I would assume these meetings were minuted and that a copy of these minutes would be accessable to any challenge!!

I dont know why I worry, but I love the club, to see it being ridiculed these past few days in the press is heartbreaking, the Dingles are having a party with this and the party could be better come the end of the season, that is my fear as well!

Who said that we only have £5m a window, is a fact?!

I think Nicko made it clear we have much more than that to throw at it!

I quoted a MINIMUM of from the Telegraph article (the real Telegraph that is). I put it in capitals and everyone has ignored it ever since!

Archived