BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Juan Roman Riquelme

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean Riquelme per se. I mean that many on here don't want ANY marquee signing.

The definition of marquee is someone who has public appeal. Why would you not want a player of public appeal in the team?

Unless there is some other reason (not you personally Kelbo)

Bucky,

A marque signing of the right kind would be great but attitudes come into it, Salgado has earned respect by sheer effort and hard work, each time he pulls on a shirt, despite his pedigree, its 100%, he didnt come for the ride and cash, he came to play, top lad.

A marque signing of the same mentality would be brilliant for Rovers

So "hard working" and mentality aren't related?

All I said was Riquelme was more naturally talented than Beckham. Where you're getting that from I have no idea. Is nobody capable of reading anymore?

Maybe its because he is over the hill, I dont know, on his day a wonderful player but has he any top days left?

Stick two grafters behind him and he'll be fine. He spent most of his main career and Spain and so shouldn't be too hard to get more out of him. Everyone I know said Salgado's legs were gone and even though it took six months he got there in the end. Thankfully though for the type of player he is he doesn't need great legs and his guile and vision will more than make up for it.

I'm just hopeful since he seems a tad injury prone at the mo that we can ensure him and Dunny don't overlap on their treatment time.

I haven't followed this particular saga closely, but other than the fact his agent has offered the player to us, is there any indication we are desperately keen (or Keane) on him?

I mean we must get offered hundreds of players every transfer window. It doesn't necessarily follow we'll sign them all.

As for the merits of Riquelme per se, he may be past his best but I think we're getting just a little bit above ourselves if we're making out he isn't good enough for us.

I haven't followed this particular saga closely, but other than the fact his agent has offered the player to us, is there any indication we are desperately keen (or Keane) on him?

None at all. Just the agent's words. I think he might have hinted about negotiations having taken place, but at any rate he is the only source.

Archived