BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] music....

Hi y'all. I'm led here in bed, after a night shift. The excitement and anticipation of today game has woken me from my sleep AGES ago. So I've put a cd on. It's been on repeat 4 times now. It's Valhalla Dancehall by British Sea Power and it has compelled me to start a topic. See what everyones into and what people are recommending. I 100% urge everyone to go buy this album. If anything better comes out this year, I'll be blown away. Discuss.....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi y'all. I'm led here in bed, after a night shift. The excitement and anticipation of today game has woken me from my sleep AGES ago. So I've put a cd on. It's been on repeat 4 times now. It's Valhalla Dancehall by British Sea Power and it has compelled me to start a topic. See what everyones into and what people are recommending. I 100% urge everyone to go buy this album. If anything better comes out this year, I'll be blown away. Discuss.....

I love it, the title is genius also.

I'm sure we had another thread for this?

Going to see Crystal Castles/Everything Everything/The Vaccines/Magnetic Man in a few days in Newcastle can't wait.

Been listening to a lot of Jamie Woon, Liquid drum n bass (Subwave, Fred V, Hectix, Camo & Krooked, Netsky, L.A.O.S, Sigma etc), Mount Kimbie, Flying Lotus, Naked and Famous, Jimi Hendrix - loads more....

I hope Bloc Party get back together and tour this year and same goes for Radiohead. Hopefully going to see The Strokes in the summer.

Any tips for 2011?

I think most people are tipping it to be year of The Vaccines. And rightly so. I'm hoping their debut, 'What Did You Expect From The Vaccines', is going to be as influential as 'Is This It'. They were superb. On a personal level, I'm looking forward to a new Puressence album. And my copy of Paris Angels 'Sundew' which is somewhere in the post.

Where to start.... :rolleyes:

At present the contents of my mp3 player consists of the following:

Boston-Boston

Goldfrapp-head first

punk-various ditties.. B)

Frank sinatra-various

Coldplay-parachutes

Guns `n` roses-hits

The prodigy-various

Peter Frampton-Frampton comes alive

10cc-greatest hits

Clubland-compilation

Seal-seal (first album)

U2-How to dismantle an atomic bomb

Muse-various tunes

The killers-Sam`s town

Classical collection-mainly Strauss and Tchaikovsky

Plus loads of other stuff i can`t quite remember,definitely a varied taste though!

What song would everyone like our Rovers to come onto the pitch to?

Well one things for certain I don't want them to go off to bloody Black Eyed Peas /:(

I thought the Seven song was good for them to come on to, shame they've stopped using it - weird lyrics though. Primal Scream 'Can't go Back' was also pretty wicked

'Supersonic' by Oasis would be pretty inspiring or something by The Prodigy would be very energising.

However personally i'd have a bit of Noisia on full blast, modify the speakers to subwoofers and scare the sh1t out of the opposition.

Just a though (probably one that would see any age demographic not from 12-30 dissapear though) ;)

I listen to a lot of trance, hard trance, hardstyle, hardcore and gabba.. can't stand chart crap...

100% mate, Stompy tunes all the way bud, Cant beat a bit of UK Hardore or some dirty Gabba!!!!! DJ the stuff as well, Get on http://www.blackburnravers.com mate, get some mixes downloaded,

100% mate, Stompy tunes all the way bud, Cant beat a bit of UK Hardore or some dirty Gabba!!!!! DJ the stuff as well, Get on http://www.blackburnravers.com mate, get some mixes downloaded,

Not listened to your mixes yet, but your Blackburn Ravers Crest is cool! Any chance of a copy?

As for tunes - current lug fillers:

Eels, Plan B, Nick Cave, Masashi Osaku.

The new P.J. Harvey stuff is supposed to be good. As is L.C.D Soundsystems news live album. The Sand Band are worth a look. as are Beady Eye. Been listening to Stereo MCs today. Ohhhh, the memories. As for the Rovers entrance song, Waterfront by Simple Minds. Classic, stirring beginning.

Pearl Jam, Live on 10 legs.

Still the best rock band in the world!

I downloaded this (ahem), and whilst I agree they are the best band in the world the release strikes me as a token gesture, especially considering they release every live show they play!

Ha! this'll give some people some fun.

I recently bought a new Audio Technica cartridge to fit to the Roksan Xerxes turntable and have been re-exploring some vinyl that I haven't heard in a few years. Currently got Steely Dan's "Can't Buy A Thrill" as loud as possible without annoying the neighbours. BTW Steely Dan is possible the only band to be named after a strap on dildo (from "The Naked Lunch" by William Burroughs.)

NMTB is coming up next; some early Brian Eno & the first two Roxy LPs; some Syd Barrett; a smattering of early The Fall; and then some Triffids.

Then it'll be time to go to work.

Doesn't anyone on here like jazz?

I'm into most music, but jazz (20's to the 70's) is magic.

Favourites atm are the Complete Jazz at the Philharmonic on Verve. Ten CD set covering five year after the second world war. A set that actually has one of the first recordings of the electric guitar played by the "inventor" Les Paul.

I'm into 50/60's rock as well, and love the blues, Robert Johnson in particular (though he only recorded a few numbers).

There is a guy, American, who was brought up here in the outback (his mum and dad were teachers) C W Stoneking. Has a great voice, a cross between southern US and Aborigine.

I downloaded this (ahem), and whilst I agree they are the best band in the world the release strikes me as a token gesture, especially considering they release every live show they play!

Yes, I agree with you. Suppose the excuse is thats all part of the 20 year anniversary.

Its expensive following this band isn't it? Depending where you downloaded it from! :rolleyes:

Archived