BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your chance to play at Ewood

Bid to Play at Ewood Park

Blackburn Rovers F.C have once again joined forces with Football Aid, allowing football fans the opportunity to play on the hallowed Ewood Park turf in 2011, while raising vital funds for charity at the same time.

Football Aid offers Rovers' fans the opportunity to Live the Dream of an authentic match day experience; to gain exclusive access to the pitch and tunnel areas, pull on their own personalised club shirt in the official changing rooms, walk down the tunnel to the sound of a cheering crowd and ultimately to step out onto their Field of Dreams and represent their club in a never to be forgotten 90 minute match.

The matches have also been supported by a host of former players down the years, with Gallacher, Colin Hendry, Mark Atkins and Chris Sulley all lending their valuable experience to the games by playing alongside or managing supporters.

Getting involved couldn't be easier, our bidding period has just begun so just visit www.footballaid.com, select Blackburn Rovers and your position, then place your bid – it really is that simple. And with starting bids for positions at just £170, booking a position could turn out to be the best bargain you'll ever bag!

So if you're keen to secure your place on your Field of Dreams early why not visit www.footballaid.com. Alternatively if you'd like any additional information, you can call Football Aid on 0131 220 5999 or email info@footballaid.com.

Football Aid celebrated their 10th anniversary in 2010 and have allowed over 12,000 football fans the chance to Live the Dream in more than 420 matches. We are a groundbreaking organisation which generates funds annually by hosting charity football matches at iconic stadiums all over the UK. The unique concept was the brainchild of businessman and Football Aid Chairman Craig Paterson and funds raised from the event will benefit the work of a charitable project nominated by the club, as well as projects nominated by Football Aid's parent charity Field of Dreams.

I can really recommend this as a great thing to do, or the perfect present for a loved one.

There are a few people on here who have taken part over the years.

You use the players changing room and have your kit all set out with your name on. It's a fantastic experience, I even managed to nick a goal in my last outing (a one yard thunderbolt I like to refer to it as)

Have a look at the site and get in touch with football aid if you're interested.

I remember reading about Tom's strike for days afterward -- he even posted pictures of the day out .... It looked a blast, I must say.

How is TP -- haven't seen him on here in ages!

He was good last time I spoke to him :)

He's all grown up and in the RAF now, so is probably flying around in some helicopter or other.

Ive played in this 3 times as well brilliant experience, played with hendry (knocked him on his bum when went up 4 header lol) kev gallacher twice, patterson and a few others lol

good day u get a tour of stadium with ken beamish, followed by the changing rooms ace, u get to take family for a fiver each awell.

can purchase dvd and pics after match in blues bar!

Yeah, to echo other people's comments, I did this in the very first year Football Aid started and it was fantastic.

I know it's become bigger and better each year since then, so I'll keep my eye on prices and try to nick a place :)

Ive played in this 3 times as well brilliant experience, played with hendry (knocked him on his bum when went up 4 header lol) kev gallacher twice, patterson and a few others lol

good day u get a tour of stadium with ken beamish, followed by the changing rooms ace, u get to take family for a fiver each awell.

can purchase dvd and pics after match in blues bar!

Playing with Old Rovers is great, add the personalized kit and Ewood tour and all for a wonderful cause makes it an unbeatable experience.

If I were to attempt this it'll turn into a $1000 weekend -- easy

My Mrs has paid for me because it's my 30th this year can't wait! I'm in the away team, number 9. She has paid for 90 mins as well.

They havn't confirmed a date, what month did some of you play in? I've heard it will be in May, on a week night.

This is going to be truely special!

• 3 weeks later...

My Mrs has paid for me because it's my 30th this year can't wait! I'm in the away team, number 9. She has paid for 90 mins as well.

They havn't confirmed a date, what month did some of you play in? I've heard it will be in May, on a week night.

Centre midfield number 10, home team. I'm watching you like a hawk!! :lol:

Hi yeh its normally middle of May

You will love it!

as others have said great experince and I have done this the last 3 years running and will be doing this again this year.

I will be playing 1st 45mins right back for the home side. Struggling with my old legs now so will continue next year but might have to go in goal :)

I have played against Kevin Gallagher last 3 years running and got nutmegged by him at the 1st one and got taxi for clark chant from the crowd lol. At last year one Gallagher even regonised me from the previous outings which was nice :)

Played with Richard Brown, Simon Ireland and Chris Sulley and Mark Atkins

Match normally take place on the Monday after the last home game of the season but do you remember a couple of season ago it taking place between the last 2 home games of the season!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived