BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The big_sam has been sacked

gutted. Never looked on twitter for anything else spineless idiots that run it. The amount of times those tweets made me laugh out loud or cry laughing.

not the only ones gutted

Hardly fair to call twitter spineless try. They had more balls than more other sites that rolled over for the DoJ http://techcrunch.com/2011/01/07/twitter-informs-users-of-doj-wikileaks-court-order-didnt-have-to/

Their rules say no passing yourself off as somebody else. I'd wager money on him being within their rule if he was @StuffBigSamMightSay

I've still yet to find anything confirming the real big sam had anything remotely to do with it.

It's only be the use of Allardyce's photo that can be the problem, surely?

There are similar examples of satire in the written press. The Times does a "My Week..." type feature where someone does a skit diary of a person in the headlines. It's quite obvious it's fictional.

Sam (the real deal) told Al Jazeera Sports 2 weeks ago that his lawyers were working on having the guy's account suspended as it was "disgusting". I watched the show were he said this and actually mentioned it somewhere on this board at the time.

Was it the beanbag and "Dark Side of the Moon" tweet that sent him over the edge?

Not surprised to see it back. Fake/Parody accounts are fine on Twitter so long as it's made clear. (It's not impersonation if there is no intention to deceive.) The only slightly ambiguous point is the username (@The_BigSam) as it doesn't allude to the fake nature of the account. @SamAllardyce for example would be a big no-no but @FakeSamAllardyce would be fine.

I guess you could argue he doesn't call himself "Big Sam" I suppose but it's clear in the bio it's parody so presumably that's enough.

Archived